Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #451
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

If I've done this right, you should be able to look at my pictures on Flickr by clicking here.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #452
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelan6 View Post
I had an amazing time ... especially at Bingo!

May I suggest that the gift basket for next cruise include Airborne ... I know a few of us got mild colds on the ship.

Some of us even got the flu and were quarantined to our staterooms. Oh well, outside of that unfortunate turn of events, we had a great time. Thanks to the DIS/Dreams Unlimited team for all the nice gifts and surprises.

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #453
mskayo
Earning My Ears

I'm so sorry for those that got hit with the flu or cold bugs, I didn't know about that when I was on the ship. We were fortunate to fully enjoy the cruise in good health.
If I start listing the fun stuff and great times we had the internet will run out of room so I'll just say
WOW THANKS DREAMS UNLIMITED AND RCCL FOR A GREAT WEEK
Everyone was so nice and the Dreams Team was amazing. Tracey was the absolute best-est and I now declare myself the President of the Kevin Klose Fan Club. The two of them made these cruise newbies feel right at home.
Congratulations to the Bingo winners (soooo jealous!) and the birthday girl.

So John and Tracey.....Hows about DisCruise 2.0 RCCL Alaska?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #454
WebmasterLeah

DISboards Moderator

We had such a great time on this cruise! It was fun to explore a new ship and it was great to meet so many new DIS friends! Looking forward to the next one!!

WebmasterLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #455
Wimpy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskayo View Post
So John and Tracey.....Hows about DisCruise 2.0 RCCL Alaska?
I say in 2015 on Quantum of the Seas out of NJ.

==========================================

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #456
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
I say in 2015 on Quantum of the Seas out of NJ.
That's a long way to cruise to Alaska!!!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #457
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

First let me thank Dreams Unlimited for a fabulous time, the on board events(especially Giovanni's Table) and the transfer to the port. I really loved the gifts in the stateroom and meeting old friends even though I was sleep deprived from my post stay at the Swan. I do regret not talking to all off you more but loved speaking with whoever we were able to.

Unfortunately my husband and I did not have the smoothest Cruise to put it lightly but non of it was fault of the group or Dreams Unlimited. I am thankful we did not get sick but we did end up waiting a lot of the Cruise for food for my husband. Apparently Royal Caribbean is not as accommodating as they advertise for food allergies, gluten especially. We did our research and informed them before getting on the ship but apparently no one knew even after 3 days on the ship that my husband had a allergy we were still told to give at least 24 hours notice before arriving at the main dining room or restaurant of choice. Even if we did that a lot of his dishes still took longer and often we were told that he would have to pick something else(even if the menu said there was a gluten option for that dish). The two that were the winners were Giovanni's table who remembered us and were the quickest at accommodating my husband. The Park Cafe did have a separate roast beef for those with allergies but often it took forever to get someone to find it. The first time we got someone in the know and that was great but the next day we were told that it didn't exist(apparently it was a miscommunication and the guy thought my husband wanted a gluten free roll and all he wanted was the beef). An hour later he was finally able to get his roast beef but they had to go find someone before he was able to get it, this was 24 hours after we walked in and that individual knew exactly what to do. The whole week was like this unfortunately. We did have an amazing waiter twice at Chops who remembered us though. 150 Central Park was a LONG dinner since they ended up having difficulty modifying the menu for my husband. Also the only desert he was able to have the entire week was Creme Brulee, that was it. Although Giovanni's had a custard desert he was able to have that he said was the biggest winner, again Giovanni's was amazing! This was also after staying at Disney and informing the restaurants there at the last minute of my husband's allergy and they had no problem accommodating him and it never took longer than my food.

I also encountered a bit to many rude people on the ship that often altered my mood and I had a pretty big anxiety attack the first night and the following morning on top of a problem with the private flow rider reservation that was canceled on us after being changed from monday to sunday. Apparently they need at least 4 to 8 people for the private flow rider and if they don't have enough people they just cancel it and don't have it. The couple(who we didn't know) who was suppose to go with us canceled at the last minute to do an excursion in Nassau so that screwed us out of that and our only options left for the rest of the week was 6:15 in the evening around dinner time.

Again though I enjoyed the group and Dreams Unlimited made it special. I unfortunately don't think I'll do another cruise anytime in the near future but certainly enjoyed hanging out with everyone that went and if I can afford a Podcast cruise with Disney someday if you are still having them I might try it but not Royal Caribbean again.

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
LionKingRules84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #458
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Question: Did anyone else encounter any sea sickness or land sickness when they got on land?

I don't think I've ever been on a ship with so little motion and NO land sickness afterwards.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #459
WebmasterLeah

DISboards Moderator

There was hardly any movement on the cruise, yet I've still been "swaying" since I got home Saturday night. I get dizzy very easily though, so I'm not surprised.

I'm also still stuck on Eastern time and keep waking up way too early.

WebmasterLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #460
Wimpy
Mouseketeer

This was probably the least motion I have ever felt on a cruise. Normally it takes a week to get my land legs back, but I had no issues this trip.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

==========================================

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #461
CanadianDISfan
Earning My Ears

Loved the cruise!

We had an amazing time on the Oasis and want to thank the DIS for giving us so many extra fun activities to take part in! The gifts in our stateroom were appreciated too and such a surprise! Thank you!

I wish we'd had the time to talk to everyone but we did get to chat with lots of Disers and the Podcast Team so that was fun!

I'm sometimes prone to motion sickness but didn't feel a thing on this massive ship, neither during nor after. We did feel a bit under the weather on the bus trip back to MCO so we sat in the back of the bus so as not to spread any possible germs. Kathy called us the "back of the bus people"! lol Luckily it didn't turn into a cold or flu and we're fine back at home too! Hope everyone who got sick feels better real soon!

We would love to do a Disney Cruise with the Dis one day!! Until then...I'll keep daydreaming about Disney!!

Gabriella
@WDWGabby on Twitter

CanadianDISfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #462
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDISfan View Post
We had an amazing time on the Oasis and want to thank the DIS for giving us so many extra fun activities to take part in! The gifts in our stateroom were appreciated too and such a surprise! Thank you!

I wish we'd had the time to talk to everyone but we did get to chat with lots of Disers and the Podcast Team so that was fun!

I'm sometimes prone to motion sickness but didn't feel a thing on this massive ship, neither during nor after. We did feel a bit under the weather on the bus trip back to MCO so we sat in the back of the bus so as not to spread any possible germs. Kathy called us the "back of the bus people"! lol Luckily it didn't turn into a cold or flu and we're fine back at home too! Hope everyone who got sick feels better real soon!

We would love to do a Disney Cruise with the Dis one day!! Until then...I'll keep daydreaming about Disney!!

Gabriella
@WDWGabby on Twitter
Maybe I should have sat in the back of the bus. I got a lovely cold from the cruise.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #463
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

It was an incredibly smooth cruise, hardly any movement at all. Some credit for that certainly goes to the incredible technology and engineering of the ship, some should go to the Captain and his crew, but most credit should probably go to Mother Nature. What incredible weather we had! Just about every day, looking out at the sea, we couldn't believe how calm the waters were. It was like glass. We were definitely very fortunate in that regard.

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #464
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
Maybe I should have sat in the back of the bus. I got a lovely cold from the cruise.
I think I got the plague from the cruise. Worse than a cold, a little less than the flu and definitely no fun. The cruise was worth it though.

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #465
Mickeefan
DIS Veteran

I had originally signed up for this cruise, but had to cancel. I certainly hope they do another one. I just can't afford the prices on the Disney ships.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: