Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #136
str86diesel
Earning My Ears

I have been many many times throughout the years and just finished booking my solo trip today for November 11-17 and I am hoping to try out the magic bands. It sounds very interesting and possibly a way to speed up the process.
str86diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #137
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouncingpluto View Post
Yeah, that's all I'm finding too. It just says right now no November/December people.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3153071&page=7
Well darn. I really kind of wanted this to be true.
I guess I am back to just hoping that regular fastpass- is still in use if they decide to continue the testing. We're staying at Wilderness Lodge which isn't testing yet, and I won't have more than 2 day tickets for a 10 day trip until I upgrade when I get there. So I'll just cross my fingers that good ol' fastpass- is still in use. Sigh.
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #138
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
I'm not sure what others have heard but on the UK boards somebody posted an official email they relieved from disney IT stating that there will be NO MB testing for November or December!

Any body checking in to 1 of the participating hotels before October 31st will be able to use their MB and make selections for their whole stay, anybody arriving after that even if in a hotel that is participating for guests before November will not get the bands!

I called up today and asked as I check into the Poly on the 28th October and my MDE app is saying I can customise my bands, I was told that the above was true and I'm lucky as I'm checking in before the deadline, they will start rolling out the MB again in January.
I didn't read that anywhere, but a CM on the phone told me that most of the resorts would be added to the MB system by November. No idea if she knew what she was talking about, but I had called about something else and she went out of her way to ask me if I knew all about the new technology that Disney was rolling out and she wanted to make sure that I had logged into MDE and downloaded the app to my phone.

There is no way they are going to get completely rid of the regular fastpass system before the holidays though, it would be chaos.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #139
glitzybabes
I miss VMK!!!

Here are my thought on the whole MB fastpass+. I think that they will continue with the test adding more resorts and as we get closer to the middle of September, people that have november trips plan will start getting invites for join the "test". And then after all of the resort have the technology then they will fully release it.

Most People that are in the October test were not able to to MB or FP+ until the middle of August, that why I say the middle of September for the november people.

I doubt that they would just stop using the technology for 2 months just because we are coming up on a busy part of the year. I would think that they would want people to be testing it just so they could see how it will work in the busy parts.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #140
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I didn't read that anywhere, but a CM on the phone told me that most of the resorts would be added to the MB system by November.
Just hit my 60 day mark (midnight in FL!) and did the online checkin for WL. (I am by no means obsessed with this process). No MB or FP+ options yet available. My guess is they are waiting to make sure the system can handle the extra users added each month before inviting the next resort. Fingers crossed, I hope the system is up to it so I can play with the MB too!

BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:18 AM   #141
alliejb
Earning My Ears

we go 28th Nov to POFQ and I was really looking forward to the MB and FP+ Think it sounds like a great idea for us as we don't do any of the scary rides, so don't really use loads of faspasses and being able to do FP+ for the rides we want would be good.

alliejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #142
Richfield
Mouseketeer

I'll be rather sad if the testing stops in November, will be my only trip for years.
Richfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #143
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I'm really bummed I thought for sure since the resort I am staying at has not been in the MB "testing" as of yet (BWI) I'd have a shot since we are going in November and now rumors say no

Oh well on a positive note 2 months from right now I will be flying to WDW

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #144
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofmouse5 View Post
This new info is very confusing. I have read posts that state that people staying end of Oct into Nov have ordered MBs and have reserved FP times. If they aren't utilizing FP+ in November then why would the system allow them to go into the month of November? I would think that the entire month would be blocked out. I can see people who have vacations that start in Oct be able to test it but once they put in a Nov date it would say "Sorry your dates are out of range" or something like that.
This whole thing has made me a mess
I am one of those people. Our MBs are ordered and I am working on the FP+ this morning.

There is an interesting article on another site this morning about the future of FP use altogether. It is an interesting read and brings up lots of speculation! (the DIS won't allow me to post the name of the site)

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #145
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug7856 View Post
I agree! We'll be there Thanksgiving week also. It's busy but manageable. If half the guests have FP+ access and we don't, I'm concerned we'll be at a disadvantage.

We think the system will be a nice plus, enabling those in our group who don't want to go to rope drop to still enjoy rides later in the day together.
Hey! Have you been snooping about inside my brain? Hahahaha! These are exactly my thoughts, I feel there is only so far they can take testing without it becoming a disadvantage to onsite guests who are not selected. Luckily I have 4 'free' days planned on Thanksgiving week so we will only be in parks Monday, Tuesday and Sunday as we want to avoid the super massive crowds but I can't imagine the possible chaos if they are still testing on this week and something goes wrong due to the higher amount of guests and pressure on the system. Wow! I'm sounding like a total negative Nancy, I don't mean to though, it's just something that crossed my mind. What will be will be and I will be in Disney!!!! Nothing is going to bring me down from that high!! (well, except the flight home, that will deflate me big time!!)

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #146
jmrothermel
Mouseketeer

So, has anyone checking in November 1st or later been able to customize and order yet? Im really hoping these rumors aren't true!
jmrothermel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #147
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I didn't read that anywhere, but a CM on the phone told me that most of the resorts would be added to the MB system by November. No idea if she knew what she was talking about, but I had called about something else and she went out of her way to ask me if I knew all about the new technology that Disney was rolling out and she wanted to make sure that I had logged into MDE and downloaded the app to my phone.

There is no way they are going to get completely rid of the regular fastpass system before the holidays though, it would be chaos.
I know to take any information given by a CM with a pinch of salt but I too have been told this on now 3 occassions. The first 2 times the CMs asked if I had heard of the MDE site and mobile app and told me to be sure to log on closer to my holiday as there was an 'exciting new technology' that would be in operation when I visited and just a few days ago when I called about a mistake I had made on a dining reservation the CM asked again and I told him I knew about it and he was then telling me that all onsite guests would be getting Magic Bands by the end of October and to watch the site/app so I could chose the colours I wanted and get my FP+ reserved. As said above I have taken this with a pinch of salt but I do feel the intention is to get the system rolled out to all onsite guests during October, if it actually happens or not is another story.

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #148
alliejb
Earning My Ears

we go 28th Nov to POFQ and I was really looking forward to the MB and FP+ Think it sounds like a great idea for us as we don't do any of the scary rides, so don't really use loads of faspasses and being able to do FP+ for the rides we want would be good.

alliejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #149
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrothermel View Post
So, has anyone checking in November 1st or later been able to customize and order yet? Im really hoping these rumors aren't true!
We are staying at BLT checking in November 1st and VGF checking in November 2nd. I have checked in online at both resorts and cannot get magicbands or fastpass+ yet. Someone else reported on here that they didn't have the options either and they are staying at Pop checking in on November 1st.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #150
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post

There is an interesting article on another site this morning about the future of FP use altogether. It is an interesting read and brings up lots of speculation! (the DIS won't allow me to post the name of the site)
What is the article saying?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: