Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #46
dmccarty
DIS Veteran

We have had a few trips to AKL and AKV with multiple rooms and requests which we were given. Some of these trips were during Spring Break so AKL and AKV should have been fully booked. One trip, we requested the room the farthest from the lobby as possible. For some odd reason, we were NOT the last room before the suites. You would think that our request would be easy to honor but I suppose other people want to be as far from the lobby as we did. We only did this once though since it was a 1/4 mile from the room to the bus stop which was fine with me. Not so much with the family.

On at least three AKV/AKL trips, we had multiple rooms with both Savannah view and cheaper rooms. The rooms were not always next to each other but they were within a 4-5 rooms away at most.

Our latest room request has been a compromise that puts us about half way from the lobby on the pool side of AKV. Easier to get to the pool yet farther away from the lobby to reduce noise from people in the hall.

We do miss Mara for CS, but after the last few trips we have been so ticked off at food prices and quality we just found it easier, faster, and cheaper to just nuke frozen food in the microwave.

Can't wait to get back to AKV but I don't think it will happen until 2015. Next trip will be back to VBR in 2014.

Later,
Dan
Oct 2007 CBR
Apr 1998 and May 1997 CR
70's to 1997 too many trips to count.

Disney is a lens that focuses on people.
Sometimes it exposes the worst.
Most of the time it highlights the best.
dmccarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #47
Mike Mouse
Earning My Ears

wow!

Last edited by Mike Mouse; 09-02-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Changed
Mike Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #48
Mike Mouse
Earning My Ears

Shouldnt this thread be under the category "Disney Trip Reports"?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #49
Dannek
So many roads to ease my soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfool_1202 View Post
I guess my disappointment stems from the fact that when I called and asked "is it possible for the rooms to be linked so we are put close together" we were told "no problem" not only during the original call, but then again when I called a few days before arrival. Saying the words "we'll get it taken care of" to me means actually taken care of.
I think you are mistaking what you asked and what they answered you...
You asked "is it possible for the rooms to be linked so we are put close together" and they said "no problem" (For the reservations to be linked together). You called again, "we'll get it taken care of" (as to getting the reservations linked together) which they most likely did. They never promised you adjoining rooms and you seem to have misinterpreted their response. That's why they do not promise adjoining rooms and will take "requests" only. Linking reservations, sure no problem, but that doesn't mean that there will be availability for your requests when you arrive.

If, as you stated hypothetically, you needed your mother to be in an adjoining room, then that is entirely possible. You book a two bedroom suite. That guarantees that arrangement. Anything less will be a request. You can't say I don't want to pay for a two bedroom suite but I want guaranteed adjoining rooms. They state clearly that they will only take requests, and you shoot the dice if you go that route.
Dannek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #50
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannek View Post

I think you are mistaking what you asked and what they answered you...
You asked "is it possible for the rooms to be linked so we are put close together" and they said "no problem" (For the reservations to be linked together). You called again, "we'll get it taken care of" (as to getting the reservations linked together) which they most likely did. They never promised you adjoining rooms and you seem to have misinterpreted their response. That's why they do not promise adjoining rooms and will take "requests" only. Linking reservations, sure no problem, but that doesn't mean that there will be availability for your requests when you arrive.

If, as you stated hypothetically, you needed your mother to be in an adjoining room, then that is entirely possible. You book a two bedroom suite. That guarantees that arrangement. Anything less will be a request. You can't say I don't want to pay for a two bedroom suite but I want guaranteed adjoining rooms. They state clearly that they will only take requests, and you shoot the dice if you go that route.
I think the O.P. gets EVERYONE's points, which all of you have made LOUD & CLEAR that it was just a request..yada yada!
This is a personal, subjective review of her stay & the things that happened!
Why everyone is like some sort of Disney police, enforcing the rules on request only, and what should/shouldn't be Savannah view is ridiculous.
If people would like to suggest something to her/him that would help their next trip be more "Magical" wouldn't that be better than this constant berating O.P. with rules/regulations/entitlements/lack of entitlements?
The best was the suggestion that this person stay in a 2 Bdrm suite!
Maybe they didn't want to stay in a 2 Bdrm suite, couldn't afford it or it wasn't available?
We don't know!
This used to be such a wonderful forum to share information & people were appreciative of any trip reports & remember that everyone's experience at Disney is different!
I've had amazing stays & I've also had a stay where I was put in a room that was wet, moldy & had a fan blowing to try & dry it! Yuck!
Maybe she/he felt confident from the info given, that rooms would be very close to each other, across the hall, who knows? I've been told this myself when I was going to book 2 rooms for my kids & my DH & myself, but after reading a few posts on this forum, I've heard that adjoining, or connecting (whichever you call it) wasn't an absolute?
I think everyone needs to take a step back, & appreciate the info that was given to us, & we can all use it to learn from instead of quoting rules and basically making this person feel attacked!
Remember what we teach our kids!
"Do onto others as we would want others to do onto us"
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #51
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post

I think the O.P. gets EVERYONE's points, which all of you have made LOUD & CLEAR that it was just a request..yada yada!
This is a personal, subjective review of her stay & the things that happened!
Why everyone is like some sort of Disney police, enforcing the rules on request only, and what should/shouldn't be Savannah view is ridiculous.
If people would like to suggest something to her/him that would help their next trip be more "Magical" wouldn't that be better than this constant berating O.P. with rules/regulations/entitlements/lack of entitlements?
The best was the suggestion that this person stay in a 2 Bdrm suite!
Maybe they didn't want to stay in a 2 Bdrm suite, couldn't afford it or it wasn't available?
We don't know!
This used to be such a wonderful forum to share information & people were appreciative of any trip reports & remember that everyone's experience at Disney is different!
I've had amazing stays & I've also had a stay where I was put in a room that was wet, moldy & had a fan blowing to try & dry it! Yuck!
Maybe she/he felt confident from the info given, that rooms would be very close to each other, across the hall, who knows? I've been told this myself when I was going to book 2 rooms for my kids & my DH & myself, but after reading a few posts on this forum, I've heard that adjoining, or connecting (whichever you call it) wasn't an absolute?
I think everyone needs to take a step back, & appreciate the info that was given to us, & we can all use it to learn from instead of quoting rules and basically making this person feel attacked!
Remember what we teach our kids!
"Do onto others as we would want others to do onto us"
Agreed !!!
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
2014 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Art of Animation
2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2014 - Disney Cruise - Wonder
tink2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #52
andreadoiron
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfool_1202 View Post
Both.
I shouldn't be "attacked" for being disappointed. As I said, the resort was beautiful. I do understand a request is a request. But I do think that when families travel together, rooms should be able to be placed closer together than buildings away, especially when the reservations are made 7 months ahead of time. I don't necessarily mean next to each other. But not 10 minutes away.
And no, the view had no savannah - it was a fence and a road, and then the land BEYOND the savannah-The woods around the property. I had to hang over the balcony and look left to see the savannah. I don't consider this a savannah view that cost hundreds of points. You may have your expectation but I have mine and I expect what I paid for. I work hard for my money. I have a standard. You think I may need to lower it. Believe me, I don't. It's not that high in other area's of my life but when I scrape nickel and dime for years to be able to fly all of us and afford all else that one needs to pay for in Disney (because our DVC only covers our room) then yes, I have certain expectations of that room and that hotel. It's called customer service. I am a paying customer. I paid THOUSANDS. I expect service. As a customer we provide their best advertisement. Unhappy customers- unhappy advertisement.
I think anyone who thinks "I have paid thousands so I'm going to lower my expectations" just tossed money out the window and said "oh well" or you just have money to burn. I don't. I have to work and work hard for every dime of it.
i know this is months later but i wanted to sympathize with you. i had a similar experience at blt 2 years ago and people on this board vilify anyone that dares complain about dvc. you are right, why was it so hard to put both parties close to each other and transportation? it is a huge complex with tons of rooms. are you telling me every room in between you and your party were booked? it seems unlikely. and we paid alot for our dvc ownership and i am not so sure we really get any special treatment which is what we were sold on, that whole dvc members are special, etc.
don't let the disney wackos get to you. you were right to complain and you were not being unreasonable!
andreadoiron is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: