Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #121
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse50 View Post
Do you have to do online check in? I wasn't because I have 2 suites booked at AoA and we want to be close to each other - our reservations have travel with designated on them but that doesn't always mean that we will be put close to each other. But if I want to do FP+ and I have to do online check in then I guess if we aren't close we will have to talk to the front desk after the fact.

Can you ask at the front desk where you will be if you are getting there a day before but have a room only reservation (LM) before the suite? Then maybe I won't hold up the line for online check in trying to change things when checking into the suite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug7856 View Post
Some people are reporting that MagicBands and FP+ are not dependent upon check in, but some say it's required. I'm hoping to not check in online because we have two families and would like to set up two separate charging privileges and this can only be done at the front desk. We were told not to do the online check in.
We are at AKL 10/31-11/2 and BC from 11/2-11/9. Both resorts are testing the MBs and FP+. We do not do online checkin but were able to customize our MBs and make any FP+ we wanted to.

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #122
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
I find this somewhat hopeful since Pop has consistently been a part of testing. It's a matter of time and wait and see. I have an 11 night stay at three resorts coming up. Currently none are testing resorts . . . surely at least one will be by November!
I have been told by Disney IT that once a resort participates in the testing process they will continue to have that technology. Take it for what it's worth!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #123
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure what others have heard but on the UK boards somebody posted an official email they relieved from disney IT stating that there will be NO MB testing for November or December!

Any body checking in to 1 of the participating hotels before October 31st will be able to use their MB and make selections for their whole stay, anybody arriving after that even if in a hotel that is participating for guests before November will not get the bands!

I called up today and asked as I check into the Poly on the 28th October and my MDE app is saying I can customise my bands, I was told that the above was true and I'm lucky as I'm checking in before the deadline, they will start rolling out the MB again in January.

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #124
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giz1026 View Post
We also will need two separate charging privileges, if I do online check in, can the front desk fix the charging accounts when we arrive? We are at Pop, arriving Nov. 14.
You may want to ask Disney directly. Here is the content of the message I received in response to my questions:
Quote:
When you check-in at the Front Desk, you are able to add multiple credit cards for the charging privileges. Since you will be doing this, please
do not use the Online Check-In Service.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Todd

Member Services | Online Communications
DISNEY VACATION CLUB
Old 09-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #125
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Can you link to that thread? I'd be interested to read it. I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be any magic bands in November and December. There is too much hype about them. And what's left to test after this test is "done?"
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #126
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post
I'm not sure what others have heard but on the UK boards somebody posted an official email they relieved from disney IT stating that there will be NO MB testing for November or December!

Any body checking in to 1 of the participating hotels before October 31st will be able to use their MB and make selections for their whole stay, anybody arriving after that even if in a hotel that is participating for guests before November will not get the bands!

I called up today and asked as I check into the Poly on the 28th October and my MDE app is saying I can customise my bands, I was told that the above was true and I'm lucky as I'm checking in before the deadline, they will start rolling out the MB again in January.
I kind of hope this is true because all of the magic band talk has me stressing out. We go the week of thanksgiving and I could swear I read that Riverside would be up and running. It's going to be a very busy time and I would hate to have problems.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #127
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post

Wow, this is big if it is true. This would be something that Disney should announce publicly, not as a random email to someone. If it is true that there won't be any Magic Bands for ANYONE checking in to any WDW resort in November and December, then that will be both a disappointment and a relief.

I've been disappointed that the WL was not part of the MB tests. The exclusion has been a little tough to bear. But if no one has Magic Bands and if no one can get FP+'s during November and December, then at least everyone will be having the same experience.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #128
Nixie
DIS Veteran

This is what I was guessing would happen. When they tested them last year, they tested them Aug and Sept, but stopped testing them during the busy times of Nov. and Dec. I am wondering if that will happen again. Wondering if they will resume testing during the low times of Jan. and Feb. as well.

I truly can't see them rolling this out before their busiest seasons. I can't imagine the nightmare Thanksgiving and Christmas crowds could be on this system that is still incurring some major bugs. Nothing would make me happier than if they put a pause on the testing before our trip and let me get in one last trip using the regular FP.

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #129
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

I would definitely be okay with them stopping the testing until January. Anyone able to prove that information is false??? Anyone checking in November 1st or after able to customize bands yet???
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #130
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

Wow, this is big if it is true. This would be something that Disney should announce publicly, not as a random email to someone. If it is true that there won't be any Magic Bands for ANYONE checking in to any WDW resort in November and December, then that will be both a disappointment and a relief.

I've been disappointed that the WL was not part of the MB tests. The exclusion has been a little tough to bear. But if no one has Magic Bands and if no one can get FP+'s during November and December, then at least everyone will be having the same experience.
Agreed on all points!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #131
pigletto
DIS Veteran

This would just be a giant relief if it's true that they aren't testing for November and December. I've said a few times they'd have to be crazy to roll this out during the Thanksgiving/Christmas crowds. Can you imagine the potential for problems? It's hard enough to keep people happy during crowd level 10 days. Add in all the new technology and it's a nightmare scenario.
I've been whining all over the boards because I have 2 day tickets from a free dining promo to use for this trip. I can't upgrade them until I get there and couldn't get any answers about adding them to my account. If I don't have to worry about this for one more trip I will be one happy Dis'er. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #132
Giz1026
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You may want to ask Disney directly. Here is the content of the message I received in response to my questions:
Thank you for the information.

I am actually hoping the FastPass+ will not be tested in November and December. Planning our first trip to WDW is overwhelming to say the least. I have been reading these boards for over a year in preparation, and the whole FastPass+/MagicBands has thrown me into anxiety overload to try and understand all of the schematics to get the most from our first WDW trip.

2001: Disneyland: Grand Californian 2004: Disneyland: Disneyland Hotel 2008: Disneyland: Sheraton Park Hotel 2012: Disneyland: Park Vue Inn

Finally planning a trip to Walt Disney WORLD! Nov. 2013

Giz1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #133
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

I've looked at the uk board but I can't find where any one posted such a letter. There was one person who posted a letter from IT, but it says November/December hasn't been added yet. Not that it never would. Anybody have a link?
kaylasmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #134
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

This new info is very confusing. I have read posts that state that people staying end of Oct into Nov have ordered MBs and have reserved FP times. If they aren't utilizing FP+ in November then why would the system allow them to go into the month of November? I would think that the entire month would be blocked out. I can see people who have vacations that start in Oct be able to test it but once they put in a Nov date it would say "Sorry your dates are out of range" or something like that.
This whole thing has made me a mess
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #135
pouncingpluto
2005 WDW Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post
I've looked at the uk board but I can't find where any one posted such a letter. There was one person who posted a letter from IT, but it says November/December hasn't been added yet. Not that it never would. Anybody have a link?
Yeah, that's all I'm finding too. It just says right now no November/December people.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3153071&page=7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: