Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #616
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

We made the short stroll to Mexico and were seated almost immediately for dinner!

The boys started with some margaritas. A jalapeno, a blood orange and an avocado.

And a little guac.

This was Jeanís tortilla soup.

My chicken Ceasar salad.

And Franklinís steak.

The meal was really good and the ambiance was great. We paid the bill and moseyed back outside. Franklin grabbed a margarita to go from La Cava.

And I couldnít be that close to China and NOT get an order of potstickers, right?

Jean, Lee and John wanted to stay at Epcot for Illuminations before heading back to the resort (they had an early DME bus in the morning). Franklin and I wanted to go to Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower to watch Hallowishes. So we split up, with Jean, Lee and John heading deeper into the World Showcase, while Franklin and I headed for the monorail.

We said one last goodbye to Epcot.

And the Food and Wine Festival. Until next year!

In no time flat, we were at the top of BLT!

Not a bad view, right?

And now, for a little night music...

'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #617
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

And what a finale!

This was our first trip to TOWL since becoming DVC members and it is a fabulous perk. There is a bar and plenty of places to hang before the show. And for the record, for anyone who says that CR/BLT isnít ďDisneyĒ enough, check out the artwork in BLTís lobby:

So gorgeously Disney! Anyway, we walked over to the MK bus depot and hopped a bus back to AKL. We ended up being up pretty late, watching Stacy and packing. Canít believe weíre about to embark on our last day! Until next time, folks.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #618
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

All right, I'm getting all caught up.

OMG! The shoe just fell apart! Well that sucks.

You guys look so cute all dressed up. Good idea going as the head honcho and his lady.

As always, the fireworks pictures are incredible!

Mmmm. Boma is one of my favorites, breakfast or dinner.

Oooohhhh, a beer pairing would be right up my alley. Yummy Italian men. Those are right up my alley too!

What a perfect proposal. So absolutely beautiful.

I love the Space Mountain ring picture!

I too know the entire ghost host spiel. And I have no shame admitting it, or following along with it.

Butterbeer! I completely forgot to get butterbeer last time I was there. It was so crowded that I just got distracted and discombobulated.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #619
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Love your recent posts!

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter looks sooo cool! Makes me want to read the series all over again! I am in love with your friend's tee. I can feel all the fun & joy you experienced on this trip! And I always have to comment on at least one photo that stands out (well, they all do really) but I'm in awe of how bright Franklin made the inside of Mexico appear. It's such a clean, pretty picture. Was that flash & cranking up ISO? He's truly inspiring! Oh, & I almost forgot to mention how much I LOVE that ring -- especially with your Minnie Mouse manicure!

I'm soooo excited to hear you have lots of upcoming trips planned. Good for you, & I love reading & seeing all your adventures!
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #620
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
All right, I'm getting all caught up.

OMG! The shoe just fell apart! Well that sucks.

You guys look so cute all dressed up. Good idea going as the head honcho and his lady.

As always, the fireworks pictures are incredible!

Mmmm. Boma is one of my favorites, breakfast or dinner.

Oooohhhh, a beer pairing would be right up my alley. Yummy Italian men. Those are right up my alley too!

What a perfect proposal. So absolutely beautiful.

I love the Space Mountain ring picture!

I too know the entire ghost host spiel. And I have no shame admitting it, or following along with it.

Butterbeer! I completely forgot to get butterbeer last time I was there. It was so crowded that I just got distracted and discombobulated.
Welcome back! The party was so much fun in those costumes! Boma and the beer-pairing lunch.... mmmmmm drooling just thinking about them!

How can you forget Butterbeer?!?!?! Doesn't that land you in Wizarding jail or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulousfive View Post
Love your recent posts!

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter looks sooo cool! Makes me want to read the series all over again! I am in love with your friend's tee. I can feel all the fun & joy you experienced on this trip! And I always have to comment on at least one photo that stands out (well, they all do really) but I'm in awe of how bright Franklin made the inside of Mexico appear. It's such a clean, pretty picture. Was that flash & cranking up ISO? He's truly inspiring! Oh, & I almost forgot to mention how much I LOVE that ring -- especially with your Minnie Mouse manicure!

I'm soooo excited to hear you have lots of upcoming trips planned. Good for you, & I love reading & seeing all your adventures!
Thank you! WWoHP is really cool. They did an amazing job of bringing that whole universe to life. The details are just incredible.

Lots of trips and TRs in the pipeline, glad to hear you'll be along for the ride. And I'm sure Franklin will be along shortly to explain the photo in the Mexican pavilion!

Old 08-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #621
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Ahhhh! I can't WAIT to get back to Universal this year!!! So much new stuff, and you have provided a great preview for me. I love your Hogwarts Express shirt. I saw one online recently that said I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up to No Good. WANT! I feel like I'm going to go a little nuts on HP merchandise while we are there.
This one, or another design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

I love the idea of you in the Mother of All Things shirt, totally perfect!

Although the "Mother of All Things" shirt may have "fit" me, I went with the one above.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #622
Pixel Dust
It's a trap!

Quote:
Love your recent posts!

Thanks! Mexico is really dark inside. I didn't use flash at all, just increased the ISO and used a slow-ish shutter speed. Vibration reduction in the lens helps quite a bit too.

ISO 1600, 1/8 second, f/4, 24mm.

Wait! Where's your wedding ring? 10/2013 ; Food, friendship, flowers and a touch of the Force 05/2013 ; A Disney Geek-tastic Trip to the World 01/2013 ; Happily Ever After Begins Here 10/2012 ; Peekaboo, I see Pluto! A 1st Birthday TR 3/2012 ; Boo to Two 10/2011 ; A Failure to Launch 10/2010

02/09-Mariott Imperial Palms, 10/10-Mystic Dunes, 10/11-CR, 03/12-Windsor Hills, 10/12-BCV/AKV, 01/13-BWV, 05/13-BLT, 10/13-YC, 05/14-BWV, 08/14-VGF, 12/14-BWV, 04/15-BLT

Nikon D600
Nikkor 24-120mm f/4 ED VR ; Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 G ; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 ; Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 ; Nikon SB-800 ; Manfrotto 055CXPRO4 Tripod
Pixel Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:54 PM   #623
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Argh! Had this reply all typed out and then my computer died. Mark is resurrecting as we speak, but fortunately, we have lots more computers and a decent backup system!

Quote:

These two pictures could be representative of this trip report!

So I was scrolling through the WWoHP pictures and Mark looked over my shoulder. He could not stop saying "WOW!" So I showed him the picture of the Mexican plaza and the Space Ship Earth scenes. "Wow!"

So then I went to the BLT and fireworks pictures "These are UNBELIEVABLE"

A new fan!

Now me- the food at San Angel looked really good. We haven't been with the kids but we ate there a few times when we were there as just a couple.

About the BLT pictures- Two Words: The Colors!!!

Brilliant in every sense of the word!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #624
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Dust View Post

Thanks! Mexico is really dark inside. I didn't use flash at all, just increased the ISO and used a slow-ish shutter speed. Vibration reduction in the lens helps quite a bit too.

ISO 1600, 1/8 second, f/4, 24mm.
Wow, thanks! My camera struggles at high ISOs, but I love that you approach so many photos in a different way than I shoot. I'm taking notes to try out on our upcoming trip. You've reminded me how fun it is to go wide sometimes too. Thanks! And congrats on hearing your wedding is next month! I'm so happy for you & Missy! We all love your TRs & sweet story.
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #625
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:

Oh my gosh, have you seen the changing mug? When you put hot liquid in it, it says "I solemnly swear I'm up to no good." And when it cools, it says "Mischief managed." I really need to buy that mug one of these days.
NO! That sounds like something I need in my mug collection. Is it from IoA or somewhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
It was this one. The one you posted is great too, though! Where is that one from?

Back to the update...

That photo of the Mexico pavilion is so great! It's always so dark in there, I have a hard time getting anything to come out. But it's such a pretty pavilion! Probably my favorite one. Dinner looks delicious!

Wow, you just can't beat that view y'all had of MK! Those fireworks pics are amazing, but that almost goes without saying nowadays with 3 TR's going and tons of fireworks photos being posted.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #626
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
It was this one. The one you posted is great too, though! Where is that one from?
We purchased this at the gift shop at the Entrance/Exit of Universal Studios. $26.95, I think. My son got a shirt with the Deathly Hallows symbol on it.

We initially purchased just my shirt, but when he wanted the other, we "returned" the first purchase so we could use the AAA discount (10%) since there is a $50 minimum requirement now.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #627
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Although the "Mother of All Things" shirt may have "fit" me, I went with the one above.
Love that shirt! I think I may be in market for a new HP shirt, so I'll keep this one in mind.

Quote:
Argh! Had this reply all typed out and then my computer died. Mark is resurrecting as we speak, but fortunately, we have lots more computers and a decent backup system!

These two pictures could be representative of this trip report!

So I was scrolling through the WWoHP pictures and Mark looked over my shoulder. He could not stop saying "WOW!" So I showed him the picture of the Mexican plaza and the Space Ship Earth scenes. "Wow!"

So then I went to the BLT and fireworks pictures "These are UNBELIEVABLE"

A new fan!

Now me- the food at San Angel looked really good. We haven't been with the kids but we ate there a few times when we were there as just a couple.

About the BLT pictures- Two Words: The Colors!!!

Brilliant in every sense of the word!
Hi Mark! Glad to have you drop by! The food at San Angel was really good, I'm not the biggest Mexican fan on the planet (but even I liked it!).

We love BLT, the view of the fireworks is as spectacular as the resort itself!

Quote:
Wow, thanks! My camera struggles at high ISOs, but I love that you approach so many photos in a different way than I shoot. I'm taking notes to try out on our upcoming trip. You've reminded me how fun it is to go wide sometimes too. Thanks! And congrats on hearing your wedding is next month! I'm so happy for you & Missy! We all love your TRs & sweet story.
Thanks! I can't believe the wedding is next month. This year has flown by!

Quote:
NO! That sounds like something I need in my mug collection. Is it from IoA or somewhere else?

Back to the update...

That photo of the Mexico pavilion is so great! It's always so dark in there, I have a hard time getting anything to come out. But it's such a pretty pavilion! Probably my favorite one. Dinner looks delicious!

Wow, you just can't beat that view y'all had of MK! Those fireworks pics are amazing, but that almost goes without saying nowadays with 3 TR's going and tons of fireworks photos being posted.
You can only buy the mug back in WWoHP. Unlike some of the other merchandise, they don't sell it at the bigger stores in the rest of the parks.

It's funny, we had never been inside the Mexican pavilion until our last few trips and now it's one of our go-to places at Epcot!

We might be down to two TRs after this evening is through...

Old 09-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #628
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

We last left off with a beautiful Hallowishes nightcap at Top of the World Lounge. We had plans for breakfast in the resort. But first, we met up with Jean, Lee and John in the lobby. They were on their way out to the DME for their early flight home to Texas. It was so nice to have them along on the trip. And it was such a luxury to spend all that time with them, it had been a long time since weíd seen them for more than a day or two! Weíll meet up again at Disney when Nico is old enough for his first Star Wars Weekend!

Franklin and I had a date with the buffet that morning, Boma to be exact.
Yep, we were developing quite a Boma habit on this trip.

It was earlier than our last breakfast here before, and it was MUCH quieter.

I started with some cereal.

Then we got to the real stuff.

It was another delicious breakfast. In case you didnít realize it before, I highly recommend Boma. Everything is just so good and the service is top notch. We headed out for the bus stop, headed for an oh-so-magical destination.

This wasnít going to be your typical day at the Magic Kingdom. According to a few people on the Dis and on Twitter, theyíd be having a soft opening of Arielís Grotto that day in New Fantasyland. You see, at that point, only a few select CMs had been let into the new area. So thatís where we were headed, to New Fantasyland, to see if we could get a peek at what was behind the walls (even if it was only a glimpse as they rushed us to Arielís Grotto). So we made our way in.

And hung a hard right.

Turns out a few people had heard about this possible soft opening. I was curious about how this would work. Would they take a few of us at a time? Would the whole walkway inside be walled off to get back to the Grotto? We didnít have to wait to find out, they soon opened the gates to New Fantasyland and ushered us in. There were TONS of CMs milling about. Turns out, this wasnít just a soft opening of Arielís Grotto, they were letting us try most of the Enchanted Forest! Enchanted Tales With Belle, Arielís Grotto, Under the Sea: Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Gastonís Tavern and Bonjour Gifts were all open to us! The only thing that wouldnít be open for us to see was Be Our Guest, but we did get our first glimpse of the bridge and gates! But letís start at the beginning. We walked past Enchanted Tales With Belle, I wanted to see the rest of the area before stopping.

But from the outside, it looked gorgeous! Oh, the details!

Straight ahead was Beastís Castle. And it looked spectacular.

Like I said, LOTS of CMs.

We turned the corner and saw Ericís Castle. It was total castle overload!

We decided to make the Little Mermaid our first ride in this new part of the park.

Now you have to remember that this was months before any preview and long before Disney had released any real photos of the space. So getting to see it all for the first time, without really knowing what anything looked like was an incredible feeling. I was giddy, totally floating on air!

Old 09-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #629
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

The cave part of the queue was amazing, there were just so many details to see!

I was one happy girl.

Time to board our clamshell.

And under the sea, we went.

Donít mind me, Iím just singing ďUnder the SeaĒ at the top of my lungs.

Way better than Fro-Yo hair in California, right?

Old 09-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #630
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

As you can tell, Franklin was pretty excited to photograph a whole new ride! These are just a fraction of the pics he took. We headed right next door to meet with the mermaid herself!

And boy can she decorate a grotto. The lights were especially cool.

Shells were scattered throughout the floor.

And places other than the floor.

It was time to meet Ariel!

She was so excited about our Just Engaged buttons! She wanted to know exactly how Franklin proposed and so we told her the story. She was so excited for us!

We headed out of the grotto and back into the sunlight. There was more exploring to be done!

And hereís Franklinís favorite picture from that day, a panoramic of the Little Mermaid area.

We headed to Belleís part of town next, with our first stop in Bonjour Gifts.

I love all the new CM costumes!

We stopped in Gastonís Tavern for some refreshments next.

But first we needed to meet the man, himself!

And what a statue he built to honor himself. Time to go in and find out if he really used antlers in ALL his decorating.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: