Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #1456
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Chapter 68. Is it all behind us?

Chapter 68. Is it all behind us?

that was the big question with him getting sick last night.

well as we were laying in bed with both kids sleeping candi was not feeling good about our morning plans.

we had and 8:05 breakfast planned at crystal palace for the next morning.

problem was it was already to late to call dinning reservations and they had my credit card on file and would charge us if we failed to show.

so it was either rush the kids getting up in the morning, or no show and still get charged for it.

or there was always plan c.

call at 7:00 when they open and talk to a hopefully sympathetic CM

i went with plan C

i woke up at 6:45 without and alarm to make sure i was ready to call when they first opened.

As soon as the clock turned 7, i called dinning and talked with a very nice CM and after i explained the situation to her and how it was to late last night to call she said no problem at all and she would cancel our reservation and take our CC off the account so we would not get charged for the no show...she said it happens and make sure we have a great day.

side note:
one thing that stunk was we had a dis meet planned to meet up with jenny105 and she even moved her reservation up towards 8 in order to meet up with us...bad part was i didnt have her number to let her know we would not be meeting up with her.

we did talk the next day when i got home through email to let her know what happened with parker, but sadly didnt get to see her that trip.

we let the kids sleep in and they were both up at 8:00

we get dressed and are ready to leave at 9:15

when we get over the by lion king rooms we see a sight.

the whole crew of fire trucks are there for a fire alarm going off.

a little bit later we are entering the MK and ready to start our last full day in disney.

straight to the hub it was. to see the castle and get a picture of it.

we took the path towards the side with the wishing well, and noticed a sing on the bottom that we had not seen before, had my bills been water proof we have donated some money but we had no coins on this morning.

we then went through towards the carousel and to take our ride on there.

this day was all about doing the things that we missed the first full day in here and the things we didnt get to see the day we left after a few hours.

we followed Cinderellas horse around and as we went to get on it, a little girl jumped on right away, i dont think she even noticed or knew it was a special horse but our kids still had a blast on the carousel.

once the ride was over it was time for a trip to the restroom for parker...he wasnt feeling well so we let him take care of business...he then felt a little better so we went to something we knew he could rest on for a bit.

a fan favorite, a ride on the people movers.

after the people movers we were over by the raceway and gave parker a few crackers and got a smoothie figuring it would be good for him to have a little something on him stomach and that seemed refreshing for him.

while there we saw push...the friendly neighborhood talking rolling, trash can.

not totally buying into the fact that he was actually talking and moving on his own, i looked around for the a partner in crime.

after a quick search of the crowd i came up empty but i really liked this guys hat, and thought he was a little over dressed in the zip up sweatshirt, for florida weather that day, and thought you guys might like to see this guys outfit.

once a few crackers were on the stomach we headed towards main street to do something that we had not yet done.

well this isnt it, but who can pass up a parade on main street.

hmm, not looking like a relaxed calm face there?

and donald representing on the float.

this CM came up to say hi to the kids, but noelle wasnt having any of it, more like keep moving lady dont you see who is coming up behind you?

noelles girl jessie.

this was our destination on main street.

we were headed back to see the princesses that we did not see yet that trip.

and just so people dont worry about the rest of our day, i will share in the next two chapters in more depth, but parker ended up getting sick two more times that morning, but after that we had some good things and turned a corner so not out of the woods yet, but it didnt last all day.

hope everyone has a great long weekend and ill be back next weeek for another update.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 08-30-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #1457
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

So sorry you didn't make it to breakfast but it was the best thing to do. Good thing they worked with you on the cancellation. Poor Parker, still not feeling well.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #1458
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Sorry Parker was not feeling well still.... Rough on Mom and Dad he seems to bounce back and then he is feeling icky again.

Skipping breakfast was wise and a great decision.
Hope your sort of catch up morning minus Parker getting sick goes as good as can be expected.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #1459
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Caught up with day one. Love all the pictures of the LM room and resort. You've done a very good job reviewing the resort for me. Thanks we almost stayed there last December but went with Pop instead for FD. Oh well. Maybe some other time. That was so cool that the greeter gave Parker a free puzzle. How many times can you say you got something for free at wdw!? That's definitely something to note haha about Paxton stealing your dessert. Little stinker. I'm lucky Alex doesn't like desserts so I won't have to share on our trip lol. Maybe that's why I gained so much weight on our last trip. I have a question about the Disney bed rails for you. We used them on one February trip last year and we could never get it close enough to the bed so there wasn't a gap between the bed and the rail. We had to stuff pillows in there to keep Alex from falling into the gap while sleeping. Did y'all have this problem? Or is it just us not installing the rail right? Anyways, great updates and pictures as usual. Love the one of your daughter kissing the baby in the mirror. Will try to come back and catch up more later on today.

Last edited by Leger13; 08-31-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #1460
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Poor Parker. Stinks to be sick on vacation. At least it wasn't your building with the fire alarm going off. I have stayed at a hotel that caught on fire. Not fun!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #1461
MEK
DIS Veteran

Nothing worse than your child being sick on vacation. That always seems to happen, doesn't it? Sorry Parker still wasn't feeling 100%, but I sure hope he's back to his old self in no time.

Sorry you missed breakfast and your DIS meets, but these things happen. So glad the CM was understanding. It would be a shame to have a credit card hols charge go through for that. Plan C was a winner.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #1462
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Too bad about canceling CP but probably a good move.
Nice parade pics.
All caught up.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #1463
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Chapter 67. You look like a soaked rat.

After golf we arrived back at the room and everyone relaxed and watched some cartoons on tv before got ready to head back out for the night.

We were set to embark on our 3rd fun day event for the day, first BB, second Golf and third was DTD

we always like to see who can see the fire station first going into DTD.

parker loves the themeing of it outside.

Our bus driver told us this trip that the fire station was designed by schoolkids. They asked first graders to draw what a fire station should look like, and the design they used is a composite of the drawings!

basically a year ago when this trip took place noelle looks so much smaller and little, my how she has grown up in this last year.

They do grow up too fast!

candi found a cupcake she really wanted but we just took a picture for the time being to remind us to get it, but totally forgot to get

Those cupcakes used to be $2.50 for a big one - now they're small for way more $$ since they have everyone hooked

we played a bunch of the games.

parker perfected his guitar hero skills.
that stance, and guitar holding skill just screams PRO

noelle was occupied by the pretty lights.

this was parkers favorite game there.

the ninja swiping game

before we left he wanted to try his luck at dance dance revolution

so much fun!

with that we were ready to leave, but not before noticed it was almost 7 and the kids were starting to get really hungry.

we knew we should have eaten first.

especially when we get down to the bottom floor of the disney quest and find that there is a monsoon style rain going on outside.

Oh! Oh!

we figured we would see how the night went and plan the next day accordingly.

next day coming up lets see what we have in store for our last full day in disney.
Nice sweatshirts - I'll bet they appreciated being warm a lot! If I was Candi, I would have bought one, too.

Oh no - sorry Parker got sick again. Poor guy
Old 09-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #1464
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

So sorry Parker still isn't well. Poor guy. Too bad you missed breakfast, but I think it was a good call.

Noelle looks so cute and excited to see Jesse!

Looking forward to your plans!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #1465
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
So sorry you didn't make it to breakfast but it was the best thing to do. Good thing they worked with you on the cancellation. Poor Parker, still not feeling well.
im glad we chose not to go as well, it is on the list for next trip so hopefully we can make that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Sorry Parker was not feeling well still.... Rough on Mom and Dad he seems to bounce back and then he is feeling icky again.

Skipping breakfast was wise and a great decision.
Hope your sort of catch up morning minus Parker getting sick goes as good as can be expected.
it did stink we thought he was good then went back to bad again.

i think it went pretty good, despite the sickness

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 09-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #1466
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Caught up with day one. Love all the pictures of the LM room and resort. You've done a very good job reviewing the resort for me. Thanks we almost stayed there last December but went with Pop instead for FD. Oh well. Maybe some other time. That was so cool that the greeter gave Parker a free puzzle. How many times can you say you got something for free at wdw!? That's definitely something to note haha about Paxton stealing your dessert. Little stinker. I'm lucky Alex doesn't like desserts so I won't have to share on our trip lol. Maybe that's why I gained so much weight on our last trip. I have a question about the Disney bed rails for you. We used them on one February trip last year and we could never get it close enough to the bed so there wasn't a gap between the bed and the rail. We had to stuff pillows in there to keep Alex from falling into the gap while sleeping. Did y'all have this problem? Or is it just us not installing the rail right? Anyways, great updates and pictures as usual. Love the one of your daughter kissing the baby in the mirror. Will try to come back and catch up more later on today.
we really liked the resort, if we are going during the free dinning time i would chose somewhere else for that but outside the free dinning i think it is worth the little extra to stay there.

they seemed to work good for us, the first day it wasnt pushed in all the way for us, and then we ended up getting all the way under the next day so there was no gap

sounds like you might have had the same issue

Blessed by the Best
Old 09-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #1467
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Poor Parker. Stinks to be sick on vacation. At least it wasn't your building with the fire alarm going off. I have stayed at a hotel that caught on fire. Not fun!
that would have stunk, almost ready to leave for the morning then have to evacuate for an alarm they need to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nothing worse than your child being sick on vacation. That always seems to happen, doesn't it? Sorry Parker still wasn't feeling 100%, but I sure hope he's back to his old self in no time.

Sorry you missed breakfast and your DIS meets, but these things happen. So glad the CM was understanding. It would be a shame to have a credit card hols charge go through for that. Plan C was a winner.
yep canceling stunk, but im glad it worked out cause he needed some more rest thats for sure.

im really happy they waived the fee as well. she was very understanding.

Blessed by the Best
Old 09-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #1468
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Sorry to hear Parker was still not feeling well

glad to hear after couple more incidents, things got better
Old 09-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #1469
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Too bad about canceling CP but probably a good move.
Nice parade pics.
All caught up.
i know how much you enjoy that breakfast scott, we were sad to cancel it but all for the best

Blessed by the Best
Old 09-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #1470
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Nice sweatshirts - I'll bet they appreciated being warm a lot! If I was Candi, I would have bought one, too.

Oh no - sorry Parker got sick again. Poor guy
that is cool to hear that it was designed by kids ideas...

she almost did but i talked her out of it...i wasnt feeling paying 100 for three of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
So sorry Parker still isn't well. * *Poor guy. *Too bad you missed breakfast, but I think it was a good call. *

Noelle looks so cute and excited to see Jesse!

Looking forward to your plans!

we were hoping we turned a corner but not all the way out of the woods yet.

she was really excited to see them, as far as the princesses? well you will have to see about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Sorry to hear Parker was still not feeling well

glad to hear after couple more incidents, things got better
ninja posting my replies huh

as were we, couldnt have been happier to have it behind us.

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: