Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
klfrech
DIS Veteran

Want to eat at Le Cellier and the Flying Fish...is DDP the way to go?

We are two adults heading down in March for 5 nights. We don't arrive until 9 p.m. on the first night, so we actually wouldn't need to use any of our dining plan credits on that day.

We were considering the standard dining plan. Neither of us our big breakfast eaters--we can grab a granola bar in the hotel room. We'd do counter service for lunch each day, and have a snack. I know we'd have to use 2 TS credits for each of us for each of the above mentioned restaurants. We don't drink, so that's an expense we wouldn't have to worry about. I realize we'd be OOP for tips and appetizers. We'd also be OOP for additional meals, since using 4 out of the 5 TS credits in 2 days wouldn't leave us much choice.

Any opinions on this? When I look at the menu items and prices for these restaurants, it might be the way to go. I'm not quite sure.

Thanks!
klfrech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
aliyasmomma2003
Earning My Ears

Have you looked at the menus to price out what OOP meals will cost? We like to eat at the signatures and find that the deluxe dining plan works better for us but we like to eat table service for lunch and/or breakfast too.

Port Orleans Riverside: 2009, 2010
AllStar Music: 2011

POP Century 2013
aliyasmomma2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
klfrech
DIS Veteran

Seems like the deluxe dining plan is too much food for us, while the standard plan will still leave us with some OOP expenses. I don't want to be forced to sit down to a table service meal, simply because we paid for it.
klfrech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

The "value" of a TS credit is right around $38, so at the 2TS places, you need to "spend" $76 to break even on the DDP. The only way I see you doing that at Le Cellier is with the $56 ribeye. And Flying Fish doesn't have an entrée over $45, so you'll have a hard time making the DDP work there.

Now, if seeing the prices of entrees will give your spouse a heart attack, the DDP will alleviate that, but you're still paying more money than you need to.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
havoc315
DIS Veteran

On our last trip, we ate at Flying Fish, Brown Derby, and Artist's Point. Paying OOP was MUCH cheaper than using a dining plan. Our meals were about $50-60 each. As said above, each meal would need to be $70, just to break even.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: