Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #2401
jpessa
Addicted to Disney
 
jpessa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 585

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpettie

Is POP active now?? I heard they had the machines just weren't active at that time
They're selling the new mugs but haven't activated the machines yet. Likely they are waiting for those who purchased the old mugs to be done their stay (14 days or so).
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #2402
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?
 
BigTikiDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 5,218

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpettie View Post

Is POP active now?? I heard they had the machines just weren't active at that time
I asked and was told starting September. Checking out Saturday so I won't be able to confirm or deny.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

BigTikiDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #2403
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)
 
stitchlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: wish we lived in the Castle!
Posts: 484

I believe the new RFID soda machines have been installed at the Grand Floridian, but does anyone know if the new RFID mugs are available to purchase at GF yet? Thanks for any info!
__________________
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." Plato
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #2404
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,190

Any news on Coronado Springs? Do they have new mugs? New colors? What's the scoop?
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #2405
tinkerbell2528
Mouseketeer
 
tinkerbell2528's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 83

Checked into pop today early at 8:30am n no fridge for our meds but was given one later thank god.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________




Our Family
Me:DH: DD(11) DS:RIP(4) Sparky
WDW 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 14
tinkerbell2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #2406
Nechville
DIS Veteran
 
Nechville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 757

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Any news on Coronado Springs? Do they have new mugs? New colors? What's the scoop?
Someone posted on the Coronado page that as of Saturday, they still had the old mugs.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #2407
bigmac5
DIS Veteran
 
bigmac5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario Canada
Posts: 889

This was posted by Andre-mod on POR thread. He is very accurate with the most up to date info. I hope it clears somethings up

“Rapid Fill” Refillable Mugs now available at Port Orleans

Walt Disney World’s new refillable mug program — “Rapid Fill” — is being rolled out at all Disney Resort hotel locations which have self-service beverage stations. The drinks stations at the Port Orleans food courts were switched over to the new system on 19 August 2013, having already been pre-selling the new style of mug for about a week.
The new Rapid Fill mugs feature a radio frequency identification (RFID) chip installed in the base of the mug which allows it to be used for a specified amount of days only, all the way through to the guests’ entire length of stay if required (multiple-resort stays are permitted, but the days must be consecutive and would need to be set up for you by a Cast Member).
The prices for the new mugs are as follows:
  • $8.99 for 1 day
  • $11.99 for 2 days
  • $14.99 for 3 days
  • $17.99 for length of stay (up to 14 days, but this can be extended for longer stays at no extra charge by a Cast Member upon request)
The mugs can be used as often as you like during the chosen time period (which ends at midnight of the final day of use) but there is a mandatory 2½ minute delay between refills. Mixed drinks can be dispensed (subject to the overall maximum fill-level for the cup) by partially filling your mug from several different dispensers in succession — but there is a 70 second time limit for doing this.
It will still be possible to buy a single drink at the food courts, and the paper cups will also contain an RFID chip coded for several refills over the next couple of hours.
Coffee, hot chocolate, iced tea and water/ice are NOT restricted by the chips.
One new feature is that the mugs will now allow guests to refill beverages at any of Disney’s Resort self-service beverage stations, not only at their home Resort — but NOT at the pool bars, theme parks, water parks or Downtown Disney. Guests will be able to check their remaining days via the fountain beverage dispenser’s display screen while they refill.
Rapid Fill mugs may be purchased and activated at the Riverside Mill or the Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory, and Disney Dining Plan guests will receive the new mugs as part of their package.
Note: Before around 2000, the resort mugs were sold on a “perpetually refillable” basis, so if you still happen to have an older design — even dating back to the old Port Orleans/Dixie Landings days — then technically you should still be allowed to refill it based on the original terms under which it was sold. However the new chip-based system will prevent these older mugs from being used and you will need to discuss the situation with a manager to see if they might be able to work out a temporary solution for you. This would be handled on a case-by-case basis.
__________________
bigmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #2408
sunfun94
Is it Football season yet?
 
sunfun94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Music City, TN
Posts: 122

Thanks so much for posting this! We are staying POR in 38 days!!
__________________
Finding Nemo has forever changed the way I say the word escape...
sunfun94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #2409
Eddie
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 80

At AKL and seems they just put the new mugs out today and had the RFID machines in place.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #2410
Goofy22
DIS Veteran
 
Goofy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Down the Shore
Posts: 3,321

We are just home from POR they have the Rapid Refill mug system in full effect ! The only things that do not run on the rapid refill system as of right now anyway is Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Golden Peak Teas ! Some of the mugs look like the old mugs and they don't say rapid refill but they can program them so they obviously have chips so maybe when they were put our for that short period of time they shouldn't have been maybe they were test mugs that got shipped out accidentally ! I was also at All Star MOVIES AND THEY ALSO have it rolled out
__________________
In Loving Memory of My Nephew
Tyller ^i^
9-23-1997 - 1-21-2004
Goofy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #2411
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,561

What do you guys think...

I found a old pic, of old refill mug sign.. ( not my pic)

No where in it does it say length of stay!
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #2412
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
What do you guys think...

I found a old pic, of old refill mug sign.. ( not my pic)

No where in it does it say length of stay!
The sign was over the stack of mugs.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #2413
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

The sign was over the stack of mugs.
I remember those signs however I have never found a pic :-( .

I thought this sign was funny, since Disney was claiming that all there signs from the start stated "only good through length of stay"
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #2414
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 7,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
What do you guys think...

I found a old pic, of old refill mug sign.. ( not my pic)

No where in it does it say length of stay!
It doesn't say forever either. I think "during your stay" is implied. If I had seen that sign, I never would have assumed it meant "forever".
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #2415
Levy2710
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac5 View Post
This was posted by Andre-mod on POR thread. He is very accurate with the most up to date info. I hope it clears somethings up

“Rapid Fill” Refillable Mugs now available at Port Orleans

Walt Disney World’s new refillable mug program — “Rapid Fill” — is being rolled out at all Disney Resort hotel locations which have self-service beverage stations. The drinks stations at the Port Orleans food courts were switched over to the new system on 19 August 2013, having already been pre-selling the new style of mug for about a week.
The new Rapid Fill mugs feature a radio frequency identification (RFID) chip installed in the base of the mug which allows it to be used for a specified amount of days only, all the way through to the guests’ entire length of stay if required (multiple-resort stays are permitted, but the days must be consecutive and would need to be set up for you by a Cast Member).
The prices for the new mugs are as follows:
  • $8.99 for 1 day
  • $11.99 for 2 days
  • $14.99 for 3 days
  • $17.99 for length of stay (up to 14 days, but this can be extended for longer stays at no extra charge by a Cast Member upon request)
The mugs can be used as often as you like during the chosen time period (which ends at midnight of the final day of use) but there is a mandatory 2½ minute delay between refills. Mixed drinks can be dispensed (subject to the overall maximum fill-level for the cup) by partially filling your mug from several different dispensers in succession — but there is a 70 second time limit for doing this.
It will still be possible to buy a single drink at the food courts, and the paper cups will also contain an RFID chip coded for several refills over the next couple of hours.
Coffee, hot chocolate, iced tea and water/ice are NOT restricted by the chips.
One new feature is that the mugs will now allow guests to refill beverages at any of Disney’s Resort self-service beverage stations, not only at their home Resort — but NOT at the pool bars, theme parks, water parks or Downtown Disney. Guests will be able to check their remaining days via the fountain beverage dispenser’s display screen while they refill.
Rapid Fill mugs may be purchased and activated at the Riverside Mill or the Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory, and Disney Dining Plan guests will receive the new mugs as part of their package.
Note: Before around 2000, the resort mugs were sold on a “perpetually refillable” basis, so if you still happen to have an older design — even dating back to the old Port Orleans/Dixie Landings days — then technically you should still be allowed to refill it based on the original terms under which it was sold. However the new chip-based system will prevent these older mugs from being used and you will need to discuss the situation with a manager to see if they might be able to work out a temporary solution for you. This would be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Great info here just a couple of extra questions if anyone knows:

1. Have 7 nights at POR with dining plan then 14 nights at OKW all consecutive so can my mug be extended to include the second part of stay?

2. Who do you see to get the dates amended on the mugs?

3. It says not at pool bars, at OKW Goods to Go is technically at the pool but is the food outlet, will you be able to use there? If they have been converted that is?

Thanks in advance x
Levy2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mug, rfid



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: