Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #16
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairylives View Post
This is just the beginning.

Regardless of the agreement, there will be more Marvel at WDW as Disney finds more ways around it, and likely finds more agreements behind the scenes.
Disney is not going to risk a contract they get paid for for doing absolutely nothing.

What is going on is nothing more than advertising for the upcoming P+F special, and nothing more, and is no different than what they've done with the monorail, except it's even easier as they don't have to worry about what route it runs.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #17
KCharming
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by iteachlit View Post
Kids love P&F and Marvel. WDW is for kids and those that are young at heart. Kids don't see these as ads; they think their favorite characters are along for the ride.

Those bothered by shameless marketing should stay away from WDW; the whole place is made to move product.
Ditto!!
KCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
LMN
DIS Veteran

It does seem odd to me to be advertising the Marvel characters on the busses- isn't that encouraging people to go spend their vacation dollars at Universal?
Old 09-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #19
JACKNAG
Mouseketeer

I saw the marvel buses personally. They look like something that belongs on international drive. They definitely don't look like something the imagineers came up with. I wouldn't mind Marvel buses but these they have look cheesy. Just my opinion
JACKNAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN View Post
It does seem odd to me to be advertising the Marvel characters on the busses- isn't that encouraging people to go spend their vacation dollars at Universal?
It's encouraging people to watch a special episode of Phineas and Ferb, featuring characters that Disney owns through their Marvel subsidiary. It isn't advertising any attractions, or character meets, or even a theme park.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 09-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #21
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMN View Post
ABC Family shows the Harry Potter movies on a regular basis, this would encourage people to go to Uni also, not to mention the fact that a lot of people who are watching ABC Family are watching it on Comcast cable which owns Universal. Media is a tangled web of interdependent licensing deals.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #22
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
ABC Family shows the Harry Potter movies on a regular basis, this would encourage people to go to Uni also, not to mention the fact that a lot of people who are watching ABC Family are watching it on Comcast cable which owns Universal. Media is a tangled web of interdependent licensing deals.
They also have to walk a fine line around monopolistic practices as well. I think in some cases they get around it these days, but the more consolidation done between studios, distributors, networks, and providers, the more potential issues can be raised that could get them in trouble.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: