Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #151
CTDisneyfan816
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
I love Starbucks and I don't care who knows it
Same here. The year I lived in Florida I worked at a Starbucks. One thing I learned because they roast their beans longer, their coffee also has less caffeine as it burns out.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #152
CTDisneyfan816
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
It doesn't matter what Walt would or wouldn't say. Sadly, he is long gone. If a company doesn't move with the times, then they'll end up suffering and closing down.

Walt heavily believed in corporate sponsorship, that is obvious from the first few years at Disneyland. They also rely on feedback - so many people complained about the coffee they were serving, myself included. The first time I tasted Disney coffee, I actually sent it back, thinking there was something wrong with it. They've listened and given people what they wanted, proper coffee. If people don't like Starbucks because of their brand or their products, or because they think it's over priced, that is entirely their prerogative. But I don't drink any soft drink, I don't complain that they serve Coke.

The issue about it not belonging in Main St Bakery seems a little off to me. You're not talking about a small time bakery, nothing was baked in the bakery, it was brought over by truck from a major factory like baking facility at WDW. There was no one making the food fresh out the back. If the items were as popular as people seem to suggest, Disney never would have gotten rid of them. They're about making money. The items might be popular on the boards but in reality, the Dis Boards have very few members when compared to the number that visit the parks.
Perfectly stated. It doesn't have to be Starbucks for me, but the coffee they were serving (if you could call it that) was not drinkable.
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #153
JACKNAG
Mouseketeer

What Would Walt say. I think he would tell Roy why are we serving this swamp water coffee. And just as he used corporate sponsors as other people noted he would find the best way to get the job done. As a note I was just there for two weeks and the Coffee and the breakfast sandwiches were a welcome start to the keys to the Kingdom tour.
JACKNAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #154
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKNAG View Post
What Would Walt say. I think he would tell Roy why are we serving this swamp water coffee. And just as he used corporate sponsors as other people noted he would find the best way to get the job done. As a note I was just there for two weeks and the Coffee and the breakfast sandwiches were a welcome start to the keys to the Kingdom tour.
This
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #155
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKNAG View Post

Indeed! The first time I had WDW Coffee, I sent it back, thinking that there was something wrong with it. When it tasted the same the second time, I figured it was just that location. When I tried another location later, I realised it was just WDW coffee. So excited Starbucks is at MK and Epcot.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #156
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDisneyfan816 View Post

I know this is an older post, but I agree wholeheartedly. I drink Starbucks, but it is something I do first thing, by the time I get in the park I'm more interested in hitting the attractions rather than sitting down and drinking coffee. Unlike water or a soda, coffee is something you drink slow so grabbing one between rides is not an option. Open shops at the resorts and let me get my cup of coffee on my way to the parks.
I understand the logic behind wanting a Starbucks at resorts before parks... But I'm one of those people (I guess few?) who stop at Starbucks usually in the afternoon, for an iced beverage. Whether it be iced coffee or a shaken tea, it's nice for an after-work pick me up to get through the rest of the day.

That being said, I can see myself stopping by Main Street or Fountainview for my usual, to keep me up for some EMH

IG: @chloelovesdisney
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #157
CTDisneyfan816
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWChloe View Post
I understand the logic behind wanting a Starbucks at resorts before parks... But I'm one of those people (I guess few?) who stop at Starbucks usually in the afternoon, for an iced beverage. Whether it be iced coffee or a shaken tea, it's nice for an after-work pick me up to get through the rest of the day.

That being said, I can see myself stopping by Main Street or Fountainview for my usual, to keep me up for some EMH
I am in your boat as well. I will sometimes pop in for an iced tea or an iced latte of some sort. That I could see myself doing onsite, but typically I like to have my coffee (hot) on the way to the park and be done by gate open so that way I can concentrate on the rides. An iced drink, doesn't take that long to consume.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: