DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #31
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW8002 View Post
One question; for those of you that have contracts at multiple resorts, can you combine points?
If the points are under the same membership, then points at different resorts can only be combined at the 7 month mark.

So for example, if you owned at SSR and OKW under the same membership number, you could combine those points at 7 months to book a stay at BLT.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #32
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
I made an offer for a loaded contract, and it was accepted at OKW for 270 points. My family and I really enjoyed staying there; we had a 1 bedroom and it was huge.

Steve
Congratulations on making the decision and best of luck with ROFR!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #33
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
...One question; for those of you that have contracts at multiple resorts, can you combine points?

Steve
If you have different master contract numbers (contracts are numbered 12345.001, 23456.001 instead of 12345.001 and 12345.002), you would have to transfer points from one contract to another. And transferred points retain their use year and resort. So you can't use OKW points and BLT points at 11 months out for BLT.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #34
Golden Rose
Princess by Choice

Congratulations on your purchase!

I'll add a few quick thoughts. We've had good luck booking most resorts at the 7 month mark when we've only wanted to do between 1 and 3 nights, but had a lot more trouble when we wanted longer. If you don't mind doing split stays, you won't have any trouble most of the year. (We pretty much always do split stays right now because DS absolutely adores AKV, but we prefer the convenience to parks of other resorts.)

We've gotten Aulani, BCV (but just one night), VWL (just 2 nights), SSR, AKV, and BWV (we own at AKV and BWV, but were planning last minute trips) at 7 months or less. We have not had luck getting BLT, but I know several people who have, so I think we just had bad luck.

(me) (DH) (DS 9) (DD 3) (4 cats)
Golden Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #35
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

I will add that through the life of your contract your preferred resort will change.
A family with small children will spend a majority of time at the Magic Kingdom. A monorail resort is convenient for one parent to go back with a napping child.
Older kids will love the pool at Beach Club. Then as teens they will be annoyed by all the kids there. Our older teens' favorite parks were Epcot and DHS so Boardwalk was very convenient. As empty nesters we love the peace of Old Key West and hubby loves the golf so convenient there. As new grandparents I can't wait to take grandson to the waterplay area at Kidani when he is big enough and sit on the balcony with him watching the animals. When our married kids go the cycle begins again with them wanting near MK with the little ones.
Who knows what new parks, attractions, and resorts will be built in the next 20-30 years.
We bought both our contracts based on where we like to stay and the fact that BWV has cheaper standard points (and we love location well we love everything about it even the clown pool) and AKV has the various categories that we might not get at the 7 month window.
We love OKW and thought about buying there but did not because we feel we can always get in there. We felt the couple thousand dollar price difference to get the other resorts was worth it over the many years of the contracts.
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #36
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

First 3 years we owned DVC we were happy with anything that came thru but after year 4 we started to get 'picky'. We like the F&W and couldn't get anything at BCV or BWV for the month of October/November. This year and last year we've done pkgs thru SW for the Dolphin. This year we bought 55 pts at BCV so that every other year we'd be sure to be able to book BCV for the F&W.

We own our largest contract at AKL but we've only stayed there twice for short stays - this coming March will be our longest stay at AKL (5N) but we're going for Spring Training. Our park tickets expire in February so we might drive over to Universal for a day and do an evening at City Walk.

Sometimes it's not about where you own but other times where you own becomes an issue.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #37
wn01aa
DIS Veteran

I was wondering if you need to already have your year points available when you book? For example, if I get my 200 points in June but want to travel in November, would I have to wait till June and get the points first or could I book 11 months before November knowing the points will be added in June before I go?

Thanks
wn01aa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #38
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post
I was wondering if you need to already have your year points available when you book? For example, if I get my 200 points in June but want to travel in November, would I have to wait till June and get the points first or could I book 11 months before November knowing the points will be added in June before I go?

Thanks
You are talking about booking this Dec for Nov 2014 and your points come in June 2014, right? If so, yes they will book that and use those points as they are your points for that UY (from June 1, 2014 to May 31, 2015)...you can also borrow from the following June UY points for the Nov trip (and could have banked this June UY points and used them as well). When booking it goes by the date the vacation falls, not really when you book.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #39
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
...AKV has the various categories that we might not get at the 7 month window.
We love OKW and thought about buying there but did not because we feel we can always get in there. We felt the couple thousand dollar price difference to get the other resorts was worth it over the many years of the contracts.
THIS is exactly why we chose AKV over OKW. On our honeymoon, back in 2002, DH and I walked into the lobby at the AKL and the first words out of my mouth were, "If they ever build a DVC here, I HAVE to have it!". When we decided to buy, we only wanted 100 points. We loved the 1BR's at OKW and we'd already stayed there twice, but then we saw the points chart for AKV. The value category would really allow us to stretch our points and go two out of three years instead of every other as we'd initially planned. I knew that with only 10 value 1BR's available, we would need the home resort advantage. I also knew that since we prefer 1BR's, we would have no problem booking at OKW at the 7-month window.

We've since added on 50 points at HHI since spring break is becoming almost impossible at 7 months. We got lucky in 2011 and snagged a 1BR without waitlisting for Easter week, but I don't want to chance it again. There are only 21 1BR's and 21 studios at HHI so the home resort advantage has become necessary there too. Perhaps even more so because there is only ONE choice. There is no resort swapping at 7 months. If it is booked up before 7 months, most people are not planning on changing out at the 7 month window. Our 50 points get us our 5 nights in a 1BR every three years (our "off" WDW year) for 135 points. The extra 15 points get used at WDW if we decide to stay somewhere besides AKV.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #40
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by wn01aa View Post

Thanks
As long as your June 2014 points are available for a trip in Nov 2014, you can book that in December 2013. But if you have borrowed them or banked them or sold them or transferred them and they are gone, you would have to borrow from June 2015 to book that stay.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: