Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #886
::danielle::
Mouseketeer
 
::danielle::'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
Doesn't it make you crazy when they (& or the bank) puts a limit on how much of YOUR money you can spend ini a day......AARRGGggggggg.....
Before I bought $2200 in gift cards, I called my bank to let them know. Like everyone else, I didn't want my card declined!
__________________


"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.



Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
::danielle:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #887
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran
 
Disney*Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
You are correct - intact I have had mine adjusted several times like for the day after Thanksgiving shopping! I was thinking that the control the poster was talking about was from Target - my bad... Can someone explain to me the cards that I should buy vs the ones that we can not apply to our balances? I would die if I bought the wrong ones!! Thanks!
Yes, the daily limit was target on the red debit card. My bank does have daily limits except for withdrawals at the ATM. The CS guy at target called the red card line and they would not adjust it even though we had plenty in our checking. My issue with it was that it was a debit card linked to my checking. Target should not put daily limits on that. We were there had ID they knew it was us. They should have just ran it.
__________________


October 18-25 at CSR
Disney*Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #888
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran
 
Disney*Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post

Before I bought $2200 in gift cards, I called my bank to let them know. Like everyone else, I didn't want my card declined!
It was not my bank it was target setting the limit. And it was a debit card if it had not been in my bank then it would have gotten declined. My bank had nothing to do with it.
__________________


October 18-25 at CSR
Disney*Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #889
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 471

Funny how different the rules are from one store to another... Can anyone address which cards to buy to be able to apply to room and packages - I don't want to get THW wrong ones!
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #890
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran
 
Disney*Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
Funny how different the rules are from one store to another... Can anyone address which cards to buy to be able to apply to room and packages - I don't want to get THW wrong ones!
Just be sure to buy the one that you can use at the parks. The cards will say on them. Just stay away from "Disney Store" cards. I think Target, at least the one here, only has the ones that are good in the parks , resorts, etc
__________________


October 18-25 at CSR
Disney*Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #891
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer
 
missx0xdelaney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney*Dreamer View Post
Yes it does. I was prepared to buy $2500 in $50 gift certificates, and they would only let us buy $300 a day, which would have been okay but we live 30 mins away. Eventually got it down to $700 and just paid the rest on our debit card, was to big of a pain. I wish I could say that I understood why they did it, but it was a debit card if the money wasn't in the bank it would have declined it.
Just wanted to share part of the reason Target does the limit on the debit card. While they call it and have it branded as a "debit card" now (I think to help people understand what it is), it actually does not function the same way your bank's debit card does. The transaction is presented to your bank as an ACH withdrawal (the same way a check be electronically presented), so it's not actually running the amount past your account balance. It uses the same process to gain approval that the check machine uses, which also can decline an approval if you don't have a large history despite having the funds. I think that the companies do that to protect themselves because electronic checks don't have the same kind of fraud protection that a credit card would (just assuming on that part, though). I agree it's totally obnoxious, and it's one of the reasons I never use my Target debit, despite being a team member and shopping there almost daily! Hope this helps shed some light on the reasoning behind it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Ari (me) Tony (dbf) - Annual Passholders since Jan 2013!
FUTURE FLORIDA RESIDENTS! - March 2014!



Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #892
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran
 
Disney*Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by missx0xdelaney View Post
Just wanted to share part of the reason Target does the limit on the debit card. While they call it and have it branded as a "debit card" now (I think to help people understand what it is), it actually does not function the same way your bank's debit card does. The transaction is presented to your bank as an ACH withdrawal (the same way a check be electronically presented), so it's not actually running the amount past your account balance. It uses the same process to gain approval that the check machine uses, which also can decline an approval if you don't have a large history despite having the funds. I think that the companies do that to protect themselves because electronic checks don't have the same kind of fraud protection that a credit card would (just assuming on that part, though). I agree it's totally obnoxious, and it's one of the reasons I never use my Target debit, despite being a team member and shopping there almost daily! Hope this helps shed some light on the reasoning behind it!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thank you for explaining it it does give me a reason but I still do not understand why they do it. That being said I am jealous of the discount you get as a team member.
__________________


October 18-25 at CSR
Disney*Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #893
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran
 
aliceindisneyland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
Just want to follow up about the 10% off coupon. I used mine today and while it is a GREAT coupon and it stacks with the 5% Redcard AND with the 5% pharmacy rewards, it DOES NOT take 10% off gift cards. I had a lot of other things to buy so again, great coupon, but it only deducted money off for my total minus the gift cards i bought. Sad about that. So just wanted to let you all know.
Thank you - to confirm, you bought the Disney gift cards, and used the "Welcome Home" 10% coupon? If so, I'm just going to resell mine on ebay.
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #894
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran
 
aliceindisneyland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
Just want to follow up about the 10% off coupon. I used mine today and while it is a GREAT coupon and it stacks with the 5% Redcard AND with the 5% pharmacy rewards, it DOES NOT take 10% off gift cards. I had a lot of other things to buy so again, great coupon, but it only deducted money off for my total minus the gift cards i bought. Sad about that. So just wanted to let you all know.
Thank you - to confirm, you bought the Disney gift cards, and used the "Welcome Home" 10% coupon? If so, I'm just going to resell mine on ebay.
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #895
wendow
DIS Veteran
 
wendow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,541

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceindisneyland View Post
Thank you - to confirm, you bought the Disney gift cards, and used the "Welcome Home" 10% coupon? If so, I'm just going to resell mine on ebay.
Yes, I bought a lot of merchandise, including Disney gift cards. I did use the "Welcome Home" 10% coupon that i received when I changed my address with the post office. I received 10% off on the entire purchase of everything else except the Disney gift cards. I also used my Redcard and had a 5% pharmacy rewards and those both came off the gift cards but the 10% from the movers coupon did not. So it does stack with the other coupons but for some reason, it did not work on the gift cards.

Like I said earlier in this thread, it doesn't even come off on the receipt the same way as the other discounts which come off after the subtotal. This comes off further up the receipt as a "Target coupon" and then just took 10% off the non-gift card total. Hope that all makes sense.
__________________
me , dh , dd14 , dd12 , ds6 , ds3
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #896
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran
 
aliceindisneyland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
Yes, I bought a lot of merchandise, including Disney gift cards. I did use the "Welcome Home" 10% coupon that i received when I changed my address with the post office. I received 10% off on the entire purchase of everything else except the Disney gift cards. I also used my Redcard and had a 5% pharmacy rewards and those both came off the gift cards but the 10% from the movers coupon did not. So it does stack with the other coupons but for some reason, it did not work on the gift cards.

Like I said earlier in this thread, it doesn't even come off on the receipt the same way as the other discounts which come off after the subtotal. This comes off further up the receipt as a "Target coupon" and then just took 10% off the non-gift card total. Hope that all makes sense.
Thanks very much for the quick reply! That's a bummer.
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #897
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran
 
aliceindisneyland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
Yes, I bought a lot of merchandise, including Disney gift cards. I did use the "Welcome Home" 10% coupon that i received when I changed my address with the post office. I received 10% off on the entire purchase of everything else except the Disney gift cards. I also used my Redcard and had a 5% pharmacy rewards and those both came off the gift cards but the 10% from the movers coupon did not. So it does stack with the other coupons but for some reason, it did not work on the gift cards.

Like I said earlier in this thread, it doesn't even come off on the receipt the same way as the other discounts which come off after the subtotal. This comes off further up the receipt as a "Target coupon" and then just took 10% off the non-gift card total. Hope that all makes sense.
Thanks very much for the quick reply! That's a bummer.
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #898
ABCastillo
Mouseketeer
 
ABCastillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 206

Hi everyone! Giant Eagle is offering double fuel perks on Disney Gift Cards I think through October 3, 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________




July 1998 - CBR | June 2010 - RPR | January 2013 - POR

Next: January 2014 - CR
January 2014 PTR: The Monorail, a Double Stroller and a New Little Brother
ABCastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #899
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,521

H-E-B 10% off coupon

I haven't confirmed it yet, but it appears you can buy $30 Disney Gift Cards for $27 at the Texas Grocery Store H-E-B using this coupon:

http://view.s4.exacttarget.com/?j=fe...id=2770259&r=0

My work internet connection will not even let me print the coupon. I'll print it from home to get the fine print. Has anyone tried it yet?

10% off Disney is nice. I always still hold out for the late November/early December Yellow coupons which give bigger savings.
__________________
Disney Trips:
Disneyland: Jan '13 (VGC -- Trip Report), Aug '10 (Beach house), May '04 (Good Neighbor hotel), Sept '00 (Good Neighbor hotel), about a dozen times from 1985-89
WDW: Jan '11 (BWV), Oct '08 (CBR), Sept '07 (POFQ), May '99 (CSR), Mar '92 (CBR), June '82 (Offsite)
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #900
gretchenohar@hotmail


DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Western New York
Posts: 3,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney*Dreamer View Post
Thank you for explaining it it does give me a reason but I still do not understand why they do it. That being said I am jealous of the discount you get as a team member.
Totally a personal question - and please feel free not to answer, if any Target associates are reading this. What is the team member discount? Just wondering if it's worth it to take a part time job there for a few months while amassing gift cards for an upcoming trip?
Again, please forgive the question if it's too rude.
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: