Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #3586
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran
 
mkymouse4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Outside the windy city
Posts: 5,611

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Hello Everyone - Want to wish everyone a great weekend. Getting my DD ready for her volleyball season. Sports physical at 10am and then to the volleyball court for a practice session.

mkymouse4ever - A friend of ours just came back from the Windy City. Share with us a picture of them in a glass cubical, hanging off the side of a high rise building over 100 stories up. OMG - one look at that and my knees start to shake. That's scary..
Funny, we went up there saturnday > shopping And I bet D Sis [bug] if she would go out in that ledge box > its on the sears tower. {I think they changed the name to something else now} But, no not interested in going up there. That is the biggest / tallest building in chicago. I actually prefer to go up in the "hancock building". They are closer to the lake and have better views. Hancock doesn't have the clear boxes but they have a screened porch deal you can go out on I think your up over 96 stories high. Very very windy. We went out there once in winter and it was freezing!

Had a nice weekend here. Hot high 90's.
We changed our flight a day early. So coming in 1 day early to wdw! WooHoo. We could not get CR for that day > so going to try akl. We have been in kidani but never jambo. Will be a nice change.

EE22, you are a busy woman. Hang in there. Hoping you got some rest this weekend.

mky
__________________


GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #3587
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney
 
RHMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Funny, we went up there saturnday > shopping And I bet D Sis [bug] if she would go out in that ledge box > its on the sears tower. {I think they changed the name to something else now} But, no not interested in going up there. That is the biggest / tallest building in chicago. I actually prefer to go up in the "hancock building". They are closer to the lake and have better views. Hancock doesn't have the clear boxes but they have a screened porch deal you can go out on I think your up over 96 stories high. Very very windy. We went out there once in winter and it was freezing!

Had a nice weekend here. Hot high 90's.
We changed our flight a day early. So coming in 1 day early to wdw! WooHoo. We could not get CR for that day > so going to try akl. We have been in kidani but never jambo. Will be a nice change.

EE22, you are a busy woman. Hang in there. Hoping you got some rest this weekend.

mky
I have always had a thing for heights, even getting on the roof of a house. Just can't do it..

AKL - I super nice.. We enjoyed our stay (Jambo) this past July..
__________________
Special Thanks To The July 2014 Diser's - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3285857

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
RHMH is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #3588
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran
 
mkymouse4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Outside the windy city
Posts: 5,611

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
I have always had a thing for heights, even getting on the roof of a house. Just can't do it..

AKL - I super nice.. We enjoyed our stay (Jambo) this past July..
Glad you like Jambo. I didn't care for location > too far out. But, for 1 nite we don't plan to go to parks that day. Otherwise, it always looked nice.

mky
__________________


GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #3589
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran
 
mkymouse4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Outside the windy city
Posts: 5,611

Got cancelled for work > so checked on ap rates > nothing out yet
__________________


GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #3590
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran
 
tripplanner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,564

Hi Everyone!!! We are home!!!
So Universal is definitely NOT Disney and we were reminded of that often. But we did have a very nice and mostly uneventful trip. We were very busy. We visited MK, 4 days at Universal, and 1 day at Sea World. We were going strong until Thursday and we all crashed. Not sure if our Sea World day killed Universal for us or if we were just exhausted. The girls and I all wished we had more time in Disney. 3 days is not enough. But we got off the plane and picked up our full size car rental and were lucky enough to get a brand new, top of the line Town and Country. Leather seats, satellite radio, dvd players, power trunk and side doors...you name it, this car had it. But we only spent like 2 hours total in the car! Arrived our first night and got to stay in TS section of ASMo which is DD9 absolute FAVORITE. So she was thrilled. Moved to WL next morning and enjoyed that hotel very much. Kept our 3 Disney days very full. We did BBB, BOG, MK from open to close, DTD, RR, fireworks at Poly, Electric Water Pageant, we took full advantage. After our short Disney stay, Sea World was the highlight. Girls loved all the animals. We fed the dolphins, stingrays, and seals. Girls will always remember those moments. Universal was great for 2 days. But that is it. 1 day each park and you are done. Even kids said that the rides are no fun to do more than once. But they close early. IoA closed at 7pm and Uni at 9 or 830. I wanted to get the girls ice cream while the closing show was on at 9pm and was told that they are no longer serving. I am not used to that. One day we could not eat in the park past 415 in the afternoon. Restaurants closed at 4. Ran into lots of stuff like that. But we enjoyed each other and the hotel was beautiful. Plus we have tons of new memories which is what the trip is really all about.

Thanks everyone for all the sendoff wishes.
__________________
tripplanner2 is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #3591
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney
 
RHMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,039

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripplanner2 View Post
Hi Everyone!!! We are home!!!
So Universal is definitely NOT Disney and we were reminded of that often. But we did have a very nice and mostly uneventful trip. We were very busy. We visited MK, 4 days at Universal, and 1 day at Sea World. We were going strong until Thursday and we all crashed. Not sure if our Sea World day killed Universal for us or if we were just exhausted. The girls and I all wished we had more time in Disney. 3 days is not enough. But we got off the plane and picked up our full size car rental and were lucky enough to get a brand new, top of the line Town and Country. Leather seats, satellite radio, dvd players, power trunk and side doors...you name it, this car had it. But we only spent like 2 hours total in the car! Arrived our first night and got to stay in TS section of ASMo which is DD9 absolute FAVORITE. So she was thrilled. Moved to WL next morning and enjoyed that hotel very much. Kept our 3 Disney days very full. We did BBB, BOG, MK from open to close, DTD, RR, fireworks at Poly, Electric Water Pageant, we took full advantage. After our short Disney stay, Sea World was the highlight. Girls loved all the animals. We fed the dolphins, stingrays, and seals. Girls will always remember those moments. Universal was great for 2 days. But that is it. 1 day each park and you are done. Even kids said that the rides are no fun to do more than once. But they close early. IoA closed at 7pm and Uni at 9 or 830. I wanted to get the girls ice cream while the closing show was on at 9pm and was told that they are no longer serving. I am not used to that. One day we could not eat in the park past 415 in the afternoon. Restaurants closed at 4. Ran into lots of stuff like that. But we enjoyed each other and the hotel was beautiful. Plus we have tons of new memories which is what the trip is really all about.

Thanks everyone for all the sendoff wishes.
WOW!! sounds like you and family were on the run the whole time... Amazing how we find extra energy when we are at Disney.. It's Disney Magic Glad you had a great time and now safe and sound at home.
__________________
Special Thanks To The July 2014 Diser's - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3285857

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
RHMH is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #3592
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran
 
mkymouse4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Outside the windy city
Posts: 5,611

Talking

Hiya everyone,

TP2, Wow, you guys where busy. It is probably just us > but I always felt us/ioa felt more like our six flags here than wdw. Must of been all the giant roller coasters. [which we do not do].
Glad the girls had fun. Sounds like seaworld beats US/IOA.
How was your weather. Hope the rain has stopped. Ugh.

Hotter than Hades here now. Humid and muggy.
Great for my asthma.

So has school started yet? Finally here they have. Yes, so in about a week > we are hoping our census at work to pick up. We where very low all summer. But, usually pick up with kids mixing germs.

Now, we are all looking towards are next trips. Hmmm, day dreaming of 2014.

Happy Planning, mky
__________________


GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #3593
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran
 
mkymouse4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Outside the windy city
Posts: 5,611

Everyone have a great weekend.

Still very very hot here. Working all weekend.

Happy planning, mky
__________________


GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline  
Old 08-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #3594
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney
 
RHMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,039

Hello Everyone - Hope everyone has a great weekend and Labor Day Monday !!

Please stay out of the heat.

Doctor Bob says to drink plenty of fluids and wear some kind of hat if you are out in the heat for extended periods of time.

Look how hot it is in Fort Worth Texas with the heat index yesterday!! I know, I know - Why am I driving at the speed of 60 and taking a picture.....?????.....!!!!! Sorry everyone, I do not have the habit of doing this sort of stuff.

__________________
Special Thanks To The July 2014 Diser's - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3285857

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014

Last edited by RHMH; 09-02-2013 at 06:54 PM.
RHMH is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #3595
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran
 
mkymouse4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Outside the windy city
Posts: 5,611

Hiya everyone,

Wow, now that is a heat wave. RHMH

Hoping everyone is having a great holiday.

Happy Planning, mky
__________________


GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline  
Old 09-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #3596
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle
 
EEyorelover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,379

Way too hot here on Friday and into Sunday still but cooler now. We broke records Friday with a temp of 101. My car said 105 in the blazing sun. Hopefully that is over now!! So, TX beat us here which is fine by me!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Happy countdowns
EEyorelover22 is offline  
Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #3597
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran
 
mkymouse4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Outside the windy city
Posts: 5,611

Morning,



Ugh, AP rates out.
and a waste of time. They have a "35%" rate but hardly any availabity.
Not even sure why they released this.
I played with my dates and a deluxe or villa are not available.
Even ss & okw.
I could get a moderate pors but its not a great rate they are offering.
Utter, waste of time.

Am going to stick with my general rate and choppy at that. We are checking in 4 times >>> hope we don't change rooms. Ugh.
They are pretty good about that. And we are checking in early.
Going to spend 1st night at akl pool view. [which is NOT available either for the 1 day].

Got cancelled from work so glad it was today.

mky
__________________


GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #3598
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran
 
mkymouse4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Outside the windy city
Posts: 5,611

Talking

Hiya everyone!

Hoping you are all having a great week. I asked bug, if 45 days out was too early to pack? Suitcases are down but I am getting too anxious.

RHMH, not sure if you [your daughter might] watch guilana & bill, on style network. Anyway yesterday they where at the Willis tower [sears tower] and went out on the ledge that's clear. OMG. I don't know how anyone
would willing step out there. Scary. Or I am a chicken.
Just funny cause we where just talking about it.

Everyone have a great week,

& happy planning, mky
__________________


GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x26], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #3599
candizfan
DIS Veteran
 
candizfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Windsor, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,495

Hi everyone!

It's been a busy couple of weeks again. DD18 left home for Calgary last week...that was hard for everyone. We had 11 people at the airport to see her off! 1/2 box of Kleenex later....

Her stuff was suppose to be delivered by the movers on Sept 2 and now they are telling us it could be a couple more weeks before it gets delivered! OMG - these poor kids have nothing in their apartment and my husband left to come home this afternoon. Needless to say that DD is beside herself this afternoon. I know she is stressed!

I spent all day Saturday and Monday and Tuesday on the phone with the moving company and the idiots wouldn't even find out where the stuff was at. I finally pulled enough information out of them to track it down myself.....

I need to plan a trip to Disney so we can all have some fun but I am saving my DVC points for our big trip in Feb 2015! That is way too long!!!

RHMH - that is HOT! But next time take the picture when you stop!
__________________
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
candizfan is offline  
Old 09-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #3600
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle
 
EEyorelover22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,379

sorry about your moving troubles...that sounds bad.

mky: goal next time it to not put away the luggage between trips like last spring

I'll break 100 next week!
EEyorelover22 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Makeup Clique Thread - Wanna talk makeup? Wanna share tips? Wanna ask ?'s? CathrynRose Community Board 3747 09-23-2013 01:58 PM
New & Faster WDW Snake Thread - January 24, 2009 Metro West Theme Parks Community 4173 11-07-2010 05:45 PM
The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009* SeaSpray Disney Resorts 3773 09-22-2009 04:15 PM
The What's For Dinner Thread - Feb '09(recipe index in OP) TigerKat Community Board 3316 05-04-2009 10:40 AM
O.K. Free Diners, where are you planning your ADRs? JerseyJanice Disney Dining Plan 107 04-17-2009 02:20 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: