Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #61
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
We arrive 11/14 and to my knowledge can't customize our bands yet or make FP+ reservations. I booked the trip myself through the site, and when I log into MDE and click "Magic Bands and Cards" it keeps telling me to link it. When I type in my confirmation number, it says that it is already linked. Is this what happens for everyone not eligible to do anything yet? When I do become eligible (assuming I will), will it then just change over and allow me to proceed? It's a MYW package I booked and I verified it's all in there correctly. Thanks!
I have something similar, under my reservations my tickets are showing but under the cards and magic bands section it says I have no tickets and need to link them. For a few weeks I kept getting a message pop up every time I logged on telling me about Magic Bands and FP+ and asking me to link my tickets even though they are already linked. It stopped happening a few days ago but now my tickets do not show up anywhere. I think that perhaps they are preparing the accounts for Magic Band customization as when I called saying my tickets were no longer showing and making sure everything was ok the CM said they were expecting the bands to be in use by at least all resort guests by November. Of course I took this with a pinch of salt but I do think they are preparing the MDE site for when the magic bands are rolled out.

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #62
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofmouse5 View Post
We will be at BWV Nov 11-18. Any idea if BW will be part of the FP+ system yet? Did BW already get picked for testing? I sure hope we can use it. I have linked our UT tickets but I haven't been able to do anything beyond that in MDE.
I haven't seen any reports of BWV testers ... yet.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #63
ktkerber
Mouseketeer

Has already CSR been tested or is it scheduled to be tested in November?
1979-Offsite, 1990-Offsite,1996-Dixie Landings, 2004-Pop Century, 2007-Coronado Springs, Feb 2009-All Star Movies, Nov/Dec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Jan 2011-Port Orleans-FQ, Dec 2011-Disneyland, Oct-Nov 2012 Caribbean Beach, Nov 2013 Port Orleans-Riverside
ktkerber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #64
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Jumping in. We are arriving on the 14TH at CBR. Kind of hoping to be selected, but as long as FP- is still running, it really doesn't matter to me. Can't wait to find out though!!!!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #65
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktkerber View Post
Has already CSR been tested or is it scheduled to be tested in November?
I believe it did a test in June. Hopefully the CM the previous poster talked to was right about them being rolled out to all resorts by November. If the current "test" goes well, hoping they roll out to more and more. We just might not get a lot of notice since November is entering the 60 day mark soon.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #66
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

There is a post over at WDWMAGIC claiming the following:
Quote:
BLT will roll out Sept 30 and Saratoga October 21
Hopefully that's true!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #67
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug7856 View Post
There is a post over at WDWMAGIC claiming the following:

Hopefully that's true!
And nothing listed in between? Seems kind of random.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #68
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

Is it possible all stars music is getting them? I keep getting this page where I see empty boxes where I would put my fast pass plus selections, but when I click on it and I get a message that says "you cannot select fast passes for these dates yet"?

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #69
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post

And nothing listed in between? Seems kind of random.
Probably. It was in the context of a conversation regarding DVC resorts. Allegedly all resorts will be rolled out by October 31.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #70
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

If all resorts are rolled out by Oct 31, , I wonder when they will let us order our bands? We are 72 days away. I check daily to see if I can add our FP+ times but nothing yet. Just the same thing as CalSea12 said, a page that says the dates can't be selected. Hopefully at the 60 day mark. Those of you who reach the 60 day mark soon please keep us posted. In the beginning of my planning 6 months ago I was hoping we wouldn't be using the FP+ system for our trip but now I have made a 180 degree turn and really really hope we can use this on our trip. I think it will make our evenings so much more enjoyable.
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #71
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofmouse5 View Post
If all resorts are rolled out by Oct 31, , I wonder when they will let us order our bands? We are 72 days away. I check daily to see if I can add our FP+ times but nothing yet. Just the same thing as CalSea12 said, a page that says the dates can't be selected. Hopefully at the 60 day mark. Those of you who reach the 60 day mark soon please keep us posted. In the beginning of my planning 6 months ago I was hoping we wouldn't be using the FP+ system for our trip but now I have made a 180 degree turn and really really hope we can use this on our trip. I think it will make our evenings so much more enjoyable.
I'm am hopeful, but posts on Disney fan forums are little more than speculation without official confirmation. Disney has indicated a desire for a full roll out "early first quarter" which starts October 1. The dates I quoted above were attributed to a DVC member services cast member over at WDWMAGIC.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:25 AM   #72
gorkt
Mouseketeer

You know, I am getting a bit nervous now. I am arriving Nov 2nd and if they are rolling out all the resorts right as I arrive, I am really hoping it is not a giant mess. I am just going to make sure I have paper back ups of reservations with me in case of potential crashes.

I am crossing my fingers it goes smoothly.
DS Orion 9

Many trips as a child and young adult
Dec 2006 - First Family Trip - BWV / All Star Music Suites
Nov 2009 - 10 day Wilderness extravaganza - 5 nights Cabins/5 Nights WLV
Nov 2013 - AoA Finding Nemo - Nov 2-11th

Hopefully returning in 2015-2016!
gorkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #73
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

checking into WL 11/17 and hoping to be able to use the new bands

mommy2twingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #74
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33
Hugely disappointed that I won't be able to do anything until I exchange my AP vouchers. Right now I'll be locked out until I get down to WDW. Going over Thanksgiving and I know everything will be booked up by then. I'll just have FP- to rely on.
I'm in the same exact situation. Totally stinks.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #75
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

We will get to test them on our trip in October staying at POR. While there DS & I will renew our APs for the Nov trip at POP. I am hoping we get to sign up for Nov too...since we will be getting there in time for a 4pm start on Nov 8 MVMCP. I'd love to be able to get FP+ for the pre-party period.

And since DH isn't coming, being able to get TSM ahead of time while trying to get DS signed up for Jedi Training academy would be awesome! Its really tough on the Mommy and Son trips to get both of those in.
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: