Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #286
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Hello all! I was doing so good checking in here, then I realized that I was super busy with the first week of school and DSs. I will have more time to check in this weekend. I did find a few minutes this morning before my 1st period class to make a full menu for 4 days. I figured I would try smaller than a 7 day plan. So, I know what I am eating for every meal and snack for the next 4 days, and even ran to Aldi's after work to get all the produce and a few other things like canned beans and brown rice. I feel like I am actually getting organized at work, so I can get more organized at home. And, for those that have heard me say it, I LOVE lists!! I have quite a few going right now

Now that I've checked in, I have to run I have some things to get done around the house before we walk to the high school football game. DS10 is really excited to go hang out with his friends. DS7 is not so excited but is going because he can't stay home alone Off to do a load of laundry, make dinner for the kids, and clean up the bathroom before we head out. Have a great Friday night and I will check in tomorrow

Jill
Old 08-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #287
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Spectacular September thread is open for business here http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post49433439 for those of you who want to tag along.

Please PM me your start weight and goal for the month, and also feel free to add your MFP name if you so wish.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #288
pat fan
I'm leaving now so I don't have to witness what comes next

Quote:
Hope the scale was kind to everyone this week.... I hope you got what you deserved!! I was down just about a pound, so that was great. Another few ounces and I can stop worrying about getting fired!
Can I ask what kind of job has a weight requirement????

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be."
-- John Wayne
pat fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:29 AM   #289
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

WW leader I think??? Years ago there also used to be a weight requirement for airline cabin crew, but I don't think there is for that any more.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #290
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Spectacular September thread is open for business here http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post49433439 for those of you who want to tag along.

Please PM me your start weight and goal for the month, and also feel free to add your MFP name if you so wish.
Thank you for hosting! I'll be PMing you my starting weight tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post
pjlla works for weight watchers (I believe) as a group leader.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello again. I'm here for a quick check in before September smacks me in the face tomorrow! I am totally not ready for September! August was great for exercise, but terrible for eating for me. I'm hoping September is much, much better.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend and avoids any binges on calorie ridden foods

On a side note, I have never seen this smilie before~ Is it new, or have I just really never noticed it? And, why can't the smilies just stay in place and stop moving every time I am here!

Have a great night!

Jill
Old 09-01-2013, 02:49 AM   #291
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
On a side note, I have never seen this smilie before~ Is it new, or have I just really never noticed it? And, why can't the smilies just stay in place and stop moving every time I am here!

Have a great night!

Jill
Yes, it has been there before!! I am not a huge fan of the moving smilies either. I once tied to learn their "text code" for the ones I use the most, but then kept forgetting what these codes were. So now I am using far less smilies than I used to. Besides this one Its my favourite!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #292
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

Yes, it has been there before!! I am not a huge fan of the moving smilies either. I once tied to learn their "text code" for the ones I use the most, but then kept forgetting what these codes were. So now I am using far less smilies than I used to. Besides this one Its my favourite!
Apparently this was the first time it was toward the top of the smilies "box" so I noticed it. I wish the ones I use the most would stay at the top!
Old 09-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #293
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Wow I missed the end of this month! Last minute things planned and I'm not complaining! Two days of canning with my mom, piggy-backed with two days of music festival at our old home town and Mumford and Sons concert!

I did manage to lose about half my goal this month, which is something. This group kept me motivated to exercise so I'll see you in sept!

Thanks for all the lovely compliments on our family pic!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #294
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone

I have been super busy and not had time to update the end of the month yet...will be updating everything tomorrow evening as I already have dinner sorted and nothing else at all to claim my time!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #295
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Just checking in to say good-bye to August! Sorry I was SO absent most of the month, but my life schedule is definitely settling down now, so I can see more DIS time in my future!

Off to claim my seat for September!................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #296
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat fan View Post
I am a WW leader and all WW employees must weigh-in once a month and be within 2 pounds of goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Hello all! I was doing so good checking in here, then I realized that I was super busy with the first week of school and DSs. I will have more time to check in this weekend. I did find a few minutes this morning before my 1st period class to make a full menu for 4 days. I figured I would try smaller than a 7 day plan. So, I know what I am eating for every meal and snack for the next 4 days, and even ran to Aldi's after work to get all the produce and a few other things like canned beans and brown rice. I feel like I am actually getting organized at work, so I can get more organized at home. And, for those that have heard me say it, I LOVE lists!! I have quite a few going right now

Now that I've checked in, I have to run I have some things to get done around the house before we walk to the high school football game. DS10 is really excited to go hang out with his friends. DS7 is not so excited but is going because he can't stay home alone Off to do a load of laundry, make dinner for the kids, and clean up the bathroom before we head out. Have a great Friday night and I will check in tomorrow

Jill
YEAH on lists! I love me a good list too!! Got a "mental list" going for today, but I know I will feel better if I write it down. Good job on getting the meals planned. I am without an oven/stove right now so I had to plan meals for this week that are either strictly for the grill or the crockpot. Tonight is beef stew... a little early in the season for stew, but hey, gotta go with what works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
(In an effort to get some chatter going here again, I will start by rambling about my day! )

So what's for lunch today you ask??? Well it is a "made up" concoction with the sole purpose of cleaning stuff out of the fridge! Haven't tasted it yet, but I'll let you know how it comes out.

I am sauteeing up a bag of broccoli slaw with a red bell pepper and a green pepper (all of which needed to be used asap). I am combining that with 1/2 C of black beans (cooked up a batch but I had more beans than I had freezer containers), half a can of bean sprouts (leftover from beef and broccoli stir-fry on Monday) and topping it with some asian seafood sauce that has been languishing on the condiment shelf. It might be delightful, it might be dreadful! I know that the veggies and beans would be fine, but I'm not sure how the sauce will be with it all.

What did you have for lunch???? ........................P
I never came back to tell you how delightful that lunch was!! I actually only used the sauce on half of the mixture because I didn't want to waste it all if I didn't like it, but I used the sauce again when I finished up the batch the next day. Usually I like salsa or tomatoes on my black beans and veggies, but this was a nice change.... it was kind of spicy and salty. I would definitely have it again. I would have taken a photo of it, but it wasn't exactly beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
I had a tin of vegetarian ravioli......it was quite nice actually, I was surprised!!! Only had 15 minutes at lunchtime today to grab something.

For dinner we had mexican chicken with rice, followed by fat free greek yoghurt with strawberries...yum.

It's 7:15pm here now, so just going to sort out my running gear for my 5K in the morning. Haven't done any running at all for 2 weeks, so certainly not expecting a personal best tomorrow!!!!
Hope the run went well. I keep a few canned items here for emergency lunches as well... usually lentil soup or something like that. Quick enough to throw into my bag along with a mug and a spoon on those "running late for school/work" days!

I am now officially done with August~...................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #297
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

All colours in post #3 are updated. Congratulations to Desiree for reaching the hallowed DIS Green!!! Also congrats to sugarnspicex4 for making red.

No matter how much or how little you lost in August, you are all stars for taking part...see you over in September!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: