Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #511
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I just wanted to add that if you don't feel comfortable with your kids going down the big slide there is a much smaller slide on the back of the pirate ship that empties into a little kiddie pool. It's not much more than a basic short slide but small children really enjoy it and I have seen some parents use it with their children. It also has the great pirate theme of the ship.
My DGS was 4 when we did the grand gathering and he LOVED that little slide and pirate pool!

ScottMC - no offense about BWI. One dd was terrified by a clown when she was little and DH and I can't get past the "IT" clown look so that's why BWI isn't our cup of tea!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 08-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #512
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Wish me luck - tomorrow is dd's Sweet 16 Party!

We have an in ground pool (and obviously lots of trips to BC) so she went with a - Beach themed party!!!!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #513
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post

We have an in ground pool (and obviously lots of trips to BC) so she went with a - Beach themed party!!!!
Good luck and Happy Sweet Sixteen Taylor!!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #514
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thank you so much for the really detailed and helpful description about the slide entry/exit procedure. May I use this on Page 1, in the Jib Slide post?

Sure Dee. This thread helped me so much, I'm glad I can actually contribute something to it.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #515
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

SNARL!!!! @&*%$, *@#$%, NASHING OF TEETH, NASHING OF TEETH!!!!1!!!11!!!

I've freed myself of the restraints and taken over the nurses station! Before they come with the tranquilizer gun I thought I would chime in while I still have computer access....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Nearing the end of our trip so sad!! Today was our last AK day, sob. The Lion was out ( finally) on his rock. SNIP!
Don't you think if they got that lion something a little more comfortable to sit on he would be 'out' more? The problem is that "rock' just ain't cutting it for those skinny, tender lion buns. Somebody needs to take a safari ride truck out on trash day and recycle an unwanted curbside sofa! In a contest between heated rock and family room sofa, family room sofa WINS!

So what if it's not "Authentic"? Cover it with some Kente cloth and boom! you've got something stylish, comfortable and a heck of a lot more attractive than that Poacher scene they cooked up awhile back!

Thinking this whole thing through (It's what NM does best!) one would consider that the other animals would catch on and try to "steal" the sofa from the lion. Well.... THAT would just make hunting all that much easier! In Ninja Mom's house if you take her spot on the sofa you get your head bit off. THINK of how much money they'd save on lion kibble or what ever it is they feed that lazy feline 'decoration'! It's a win win all the way around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Woohooo! My fastpass+ window has opened for my F&W trip! It appears that the window for fast pass + opens at the 60 day period. Prior to that date the window to confirm the mailing YADA, YADA,YADA... SNIP!!

~N
I have to say that I really appreciate Nannette's posts on her journey to acquiring Magic Bands and Fast Pass plus. I for one am holding out until the bitter end and I'll be the last to adopt this new technology, primarily so that they can work some of the many bugs out. Still, I'm following along with Nannette's post and she is laying it out step by step so that even the densest amongst us (NM!!!) will be able to figure it out.

OOPS! Gotta run! The orderlies are here with a big net and a jacket with enough buckles to make it look like they raided Micheal Jackson's closet from the 80's.

Thanks for all the lovin and missin!

~NM

Last edited by Ninja Mom; 08-30-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #516
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My DGS was 4 when we did the grand gathering and he LOVED that little slide and pirate pool!

ScottMC - no offense about BWI. One dd was terrified by a clown when she was little and DH and I can't get past the "IT" clown look so that's why BWI isn't our cup of tea!
HeeHee..I never took offense, and this is coming from someone who had a crippling fear of clowns as a kid. You have no idea how many birthday parties I missed...never mind how during "Circus Week" in kindergarten, my dad had to carry me in, put me in my seat (wailing of course), and the teacher had to hold me down until he was out of the building! At this point in life, I don't like clowns, but the BWI pool is so fun! It's definitely my favorite after BC/YC. It is too bad that I really think a lot of people pass on BWI because of that clown. I think that the inside of the inn-side, is the closest WDW has to the GF in terms of elegance. Oh well. Hope DD has a wonderful day tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Woohooo! My fastpass+ window has opened for my F&W trip! It appears that the window for fast pass + opens at the 60 day period. Prior to that date the window to confirm the mailing address/customize the band opens and tells you how long you will have to customize the band. My trip is 10/31-11/4 and I have until 9/18 to customize. I can customize for rides right now only... there is no option for me to choose shows or parades at this time..I'll be watching for that option to pop up! I currently have a MagicBand for my upcoming September trip which I thought I would be able to use for October, but apparently they will be sending another one for Oct/Nov I really hope that eventually that will change and the band you have for one trip can be customized for another trip without having to send new bands.

I think I like the whole concept of fast pass +, but it really causes you to plan and micro manage trips even more than trips are already micro managed, but it is nice to know I can take my time and know I can do all the things I want to do and not rush to get to them!

~N
Pardon my ignorance...I've flipped through all the FP+ and MB stuff, but now I'm thinking about our Dec trip (12/4-8, YC). Do I just wait for Disney to contact me about MBs? Or do I have to be proactive?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #517
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

With regards to the slide and younger kids...if you stand around where the slide comes out you can walk with them to the pathway where they cross over and watch them go up then walk back to the pool. You'll make it back well before they get down, there is always at least a few people in line and it's a long way down. Also if you go before your child, you could wait towards the rope for them, the lifeguard may or may not usher you away quickly.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #518
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:

happy 16th to your daughter! Hope her day is full of joy and blessings!

Old 08-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #519
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Any place for real coffee in this area?
Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #520
Tinkerbell's mama
Mouseketeer

I have a question that I'm hoping y'all can help with. At CL can you get whole milk? I know they have skim, but my son can't have that it has to be whole milk. TIA

Old 08-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #521
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell's mama View Post
I have a question that I'm hoping y'all can help with. At CL can you get whole milk? I know they have skim, but my son can't have that it has to be whole milk. TIA
They seemed to regularly put out 2% last week. At breakfast, they also added skim as an option. I never saw whole milk out, but that doesn't mean they couldn't necessarily get for you. I never asked, so can't say for sure whether it's available.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #522
Tinkerbell's mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmat1 View Post

They seemed to regularly put out 2% last week. At breakfast, they also added skim as an option. I never saw whole milk out, but that doesn't mean they couldn't necessarily get for you. I never asked, so can't say for sure whether it's available.
Thank you. I will ask for sure. I hope they can help us out. It'll give him a chance to eat what he wants, cereal lol.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #523
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
SNARL!!!! @&*%$, *@#$%, NASHING OF TEETH, NASHING OF TEETH!!!!1!!!11!!!

I've freed myself of the restraints and taken over the nurses station! Before they come with the tranquilizer gun I thought I would chime in while I still have computer access....

Glad to see you back on the boards, and truly thankful that you are of sound enough mind to sensor some of your more nasty thoughts.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 08-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #524
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell's mama View Post
Call or email IPO and ask for it. My grandson has to have almond milk. We emailed them and asked if they could get it. They emailed us back and wanted to know how much we needed and said they would have it waiting for us when we arrive.

That was good customer service.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 08-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #525
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Any place for real coffee in this area?
We have been told that there is real brewed coffee in the mornings at the Ale & Compass lounge in the Yacht Club lobby.

Joffrey's coffee is now being sold in The Marketplace. I haven't heard any reviews about how it is, but it certainly must be an improvement upon Nescrape!

Last edited by natebenma; 08-31-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: