Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #631
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I haven't booked any part of our flight. I need to get on it. I wanted to wait until Michael got back from Miami so I could use points for one way. I have been crazy slammed since the kids began school. I can't believe we're going to Bear Lake this weekend. We really should stay home this weekend but its so hard as its the last big weekend of summer. We've had this planned for a while. We're going with our friends/neighbors and their friends. We've got the boat, they've got the trailer, and the kids get the tent.
You really should go, it's the last holiday weekend! I was hoping to go to our cabin but have a going away party smack in the middle of it that messed with the dates. All that other stuff will still be there next weekend I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post

Still plenty of time to book flights. I need some for my December trip but they're not going down.
No, Dec isn't going down. Not going up either. My siblings are in the same boat and I really wish they'd book! I have found them some good fares, though not the "ideal" ones. Hoping by the time I see them all on Sunday...they are booked.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #632
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You really should go, it's the last holiday weekend! I was hoping to go to our cabin but have a going away party smack in the middle of it that messed with the dates. All that other stuff will still be there next weekend I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
No, Dec isn't going down. Not going up either. My siblings are in the same boat and I really wish they'd book! I have found them some good fares, though not the "ideal" ones. Hoping by the time I see them all on Sunday...they are booked.
Exactly my problem, not ideal. I'll keep checking obsessively until I've either had enough or they go down

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #633
Pinkocto

141 Days!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 09-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #634
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
141 Days!!!
But only two days until Disneyland!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #635
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
But only two days until Disneyland!
I've been thinking about it all day!!! If only I didn't have to work tomorrow it would be smooth sailing.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #636
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I really haven't abandoned our report Pam. Hope you're having a blast at Disneyland.

Think I'm about to purchase flights. M doesn't haven't any pending SW flights so the points are what they are. I was hoping for more but the ones I have should get us one way. Better than a swift kick to the head.

136 days!!!!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #637
rentayenta

135 days!!!

Old 09-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #638
rentayenta

I booked our flights to Fort Lauderdale yesterday. I was able to use points for almost all of it and had to purchase only a few extra. So we're on SW on the way out, arriving early evening on the Saturday before the cruise. It feels so real having at least one way of the flight booked.

134 days!!!

Old 09-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #639
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
I booked our flights to Fort Lauderdale yesterday. I was able to use points for almost all of it and had to purchase only a few extra. So we're on SW on the way out, arriving early evening on the Saturday before the cruise. It feels so real having at least one way of the flight booked.

134 days!!!
congrats! Flights really do make it more real...and love being able to use points!

Jill in CO
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #640
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
congrats! Flights really do make it more real...and love being able to use points!

Jill in CO

and I'm so glad we could use points. I think we may have enough through United for the way home. DH has a trip in 2 weeks so I'll check the balance after that.

I generally don't book this close to a trip but I was waiting for prices to drop and it just hasn't happened. I'm afraid they'll do nothing but increase. I love SW because if their price drops, they'll issue a credit to be used 1 year from original booking date and they'll allow us to share the credit within our immediate family.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #641
jedijill

Quote:
and I'm so glad we could use points. I think we may have enough through United for the way home. DH has a trip in 2 weeks so I'll check the balance after that.

I generally don't book this close to a trip but I was waiting for prices to drop and it just hasn't happened. I'm afraid they'll do nothing but increase. I love SW because if their price drops, they'll issue a credit to be used 1 year from original booking date and they'll allow us to share the credit within our immediate family.
Just another reason to love SW! I've been taking advantage of bumps too...I'm up to $1200 in free airfare since March.

Jill in CO
Old 09-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #642
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Just another reason to love SW! I've been taking advantage of bumps too...I'm up to $1200 in free airfare since March.

Jill in CO

I really like SW and JetBlue. Wow! That's a ton on free airfare. The only good bumps we ever see are when we fly with the kids and we can never take advantage of those.

How's your weekend?

133 days!!!

Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #643
jedijill

Quote:
I really like SW and JetBlue. Wow! That's a ton on free airfare. The only good bumps we ever see are when we fly with the kids and we can never take advantage of those.

How's your weekend?

133 days!!!
It's much easier to take bumps when you are by yourself.

Weekend is good but hot. Spent today meeting with a lawyer and shopping for a new car.

Jill in CO
Old 09-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #644
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

134 days!!!
I'm glad you got your flights for at least part of it. I can't imagine traveling on two different carriers for a trip and not booking round trip, but I'm glad you can make it work for you!

I know not what you speak of with these bumps.
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #645
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

134 days!!!
YAY! That always makes it feel so much more real, that is wonderful. Rates have just been nuts, I feel like I check things daily and have been stressed out waiting for my family to book. 3 more did today so that's good but I really wish the rest would. Rates are definitely not going down. Fingers crossed on the way back, I can't stand United anymore (which is sad as I used to fly them almost exclusively) but I feel I can't trust their schedules at all.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: