Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #2731
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now for our First Update of the Day sent to us yesterday by Mary7116.

Mary and her family had dinner on Monday night at DHS'...

"I had the chicken salad with citrus vinaigrette dressing. It was very good, even thought about how good it was later that night."

"Husband had the pressed veggie sandwich which he loved. Prefers the veggie sandwich heated unlike the one he had at Sunshine Seasons, which serves it cold. For dessert he had the no sugar strawberry parfait which he liked as well. (pictured with son's chocolate mousse)"

"Son had the the adults chicken nuggets and fries with chocolate mousse for dessert. Enjoyed his nuggets, they looked like nice sized pieces. He did not care for the mousse."

Chocolate Mousse and NSA Parfait

"Younger son had the Kids chicken nuggets. He must've been hungry because he ate most of it and said it was good."

"I was able to order the strawberry cupcake which was very good. Could taste strawberries in every bite. It was enough to feed 2. So good."

"6:30 pm was a great time to eat, it wasn't crowded."

"Ordering stations."

"Fixings Bar & Condiments."

"Inside eating area."

"Outside eating area."

"We've eaten at Backlot a few years ago and don't remember being this impressed. Everything here was surprisingly very good for counter service! This is our favorite CS out of the 4 parks."

3 August Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics and First Update of the Day

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #2732
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next in yesterday were a couple of updates from Gisele (autumnpalm).

The first was this breakfast snack update from the...

Beach Club Marketplace

She said, "Coffee and orange juice, the breakfast of champions!"

"The new rapid fill dispensers are in use at the Beach Club!"

Then next was this lunch update from the Polynesian resort's...

Captain Cook's

"DF got the bacon cheeseburger with fries."

"I had the Aloha pork sandwich with a side of steamed veggies."

3 August Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for misc. pic

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #2733
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then back to Mary7116, who was at Animal Kingdom yesterday and had lunch at...

"This was our last counter service meal on this vacation."

"Sorry couldn't get a closer view of the menu."

"Cashier stand. (I know not important, just looking for more points for taking added pics.)"

"Since this place was highly recommended on the disboards and other WDW websites, felt it was time to judge for ourselves."

"Husband and I both chose to eat light. The strong sun does not increase our appetites. So we ordered the BBQ chicken salad with vinaigrette & chipotle ranch."

"I liked the tortilla chips. It was good, however not as good as the chicken salad at DHS Backlot. I'm not crazy about the BBQ mesquite flavor. It has a lot of beans and extra dressing on it, too much dressing for my taste. Chicken was cooked (prefer grilled) and thinly sliced (I like that). As we were eating it felt like a bottomless bowl."

"Son had the pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw."

"He ate 1/2 and said it was "meh" - his favorite word. As you can see it comes dry. At the condiments bar you can get BBQ sauce. Sorry can't comment on the coleslaw since we do not eat coleslaw."

"Younger son had kids meal chicken sandwich which looked cooked not grilled."

"He said it was fine and ate half of it. He's not a big eater. Although he loves those packaged cookies. The grapes are wet and slimy."

"The onion rings really looked good however we are on the dining plan and didn't want to deviate. A lot of people ordered them though."

"For desserts, we all had the key lime mousse."

"All agreed it was pretty good. The graham cracker at the bottom was tasty and the pudding with just enough tart flavor."

Next some misc pics:

"More ducks which we did not feed, signs posted everywhere."

"Seating area."

"Nearby vendor selling these cute plushes:"

"Flame tree BBQ was okay, guess I expected more or maybe we ordered the wrong thing. We still consider DHS' Backlot Express to be the best counter service we've eaten here at Disney to date. On this vacation out of Counter Service meals MK's Columbia Harbour was our least favorite. Food was not good in comparison to the other places we've eaten."

"Our last TS meal will be tonight at Downtown Disney's Raglan Road. I am so looking forward to the best bread pudding I've ever eaten in my life and Ohana's was pretty darn good."

2 August Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

Old 08-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #2734
jabead
DIS Veteran

Brenda (emmysmommy) checked in with this lunch update yesterday.

She said, "We skipped breakfast today since we had booked the Keys to the Kingdom tour and had to be there early. The tour included lunch at..."

"We made our selections in the morning and then lunch was waiting for us. We both ordered the hummus and broccoli slaw sandwich. It is served with chips."

"The sandwich was a little messy but I liked it. Em wasn't as much of a fan. The hummus was a bit bland and the slaw made for a bit of a soggy sandwich but the whole grain bread was good."

2 August Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Old 08-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #2735
reginaastralis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
[B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Brenda said, "For dinner tonite we made the mistake of wasting our money on Be Our Guest. I'm sorry but I will be honest since this wasn't our first dinner here that disappointed as far as the food. The restaurant is lovely and the service has been excellent to very good but the reason why we read these reviews is because of the food."

"I opted for the strawberry cream cheese cupcake which was awesome!"
We made a trip to Disney for my birthday back in March, and my family ended up dissing me to go to a comic convention. I ended up at BOG right before it closed for dinner (and practically no wait), and even though I knew dd would be super upset that I went by myself. I only ordered the french onion soup and the strawberry cupcake because I didn't want to completely upset her, lol. However ... I felt the exact same way about both. The french onion soup was a glob of cheese with salty broth underneath ... but that cupcake. It was simply the most amazing thing I've ever eaten. It was perfect.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #2736
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
[B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]

"Flame tree BBQ was okay, guess I expected more or maybe we ordered the wrong thing.
Sorry you had a bad experience. I go for the ribs! Never been disappointed (and we live in Texas). It is a heavy meal, so we split plates and lunch early in the day, before we are overheated.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #2737
jabead
DIS Veteran

Brenda & Emily also did their first mother/daughter tea yesterday at the Grand Floridian's...

Menu photos...

Brenda said, "I loved the ambiance of this place and it was a great relaxing thing to do after a long day in the heat from the KTTK tour."

"We selected the Buckingham that included choice of tea, 5 assorted finge sandwiches, a tiny onion tart, scone, strawberry tart, and choice of dessert - either pastries and chocolate covered strawberries, trifle, or strawberries and cream."

"I chose a tea that our server recommended, a coconut pineapple tropical rooibos tea. It was lovely."

"The finger sandwich choices were: cucumber and watercress with cream cheese, chicken curry, salmon, egg salad, and pear and gorgonzola."

"I loved the finger sandwiches but did substitute PB & J for the salmon version. Em liked all of them but the chicken curry was her least favorite."

"Next course, strawberry tart and scone with clotted cream and lemon curd."

"Oh my gosh, these were awesome! I loved the lemon curd."

"For "dessert", we both chose the strawberries & cream. It has a lovely presentation."

"Here are the other dessert options:"

"Our server had Em select something from the tray to try in addition to the strawberries. She chose the marzipan petite cake."

"It was delish!"

"They accept TIW. Also, you can order any bar drink and they will bring it to your table."

"I am excited to come back here in December."

5 August Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for sign, menus, misc. pics, and pic of Brenda & Em

Old 08-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #2738
jabead
DIS Veteran

Gisele (autumnpalm) also sent us a dinner update yesterday from the Beach Club's...

"DF's plate..."

"My plate..."

"My second plate..."

"Dessert plate..."

"We felt like relaxing and staying at our resort after a great afternoon at SAB! Now we are off to the MK for Wishes!"

3 August Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Old 08-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #2739
jabead
DIS Veteran

I just discovered that I overlooked some updates that Gin0818 sent me yesterday morning. These were actually our First Updates of the Day (according to the time on my phone), so I'm also giving her the FUOFTD bonus point for yesterday. My apologies, Gin.

Gin said, "Yesterday we spent the day at Epcot and started with breakfast at France's..."

"Jill had orange juice and a chocolate chip cookie."

"And I had Quiche Lorraine with a diet Coke."

"Sorry about the missing bite, I was starving."

"Then we had lunch at..."

Sunshine Seasons

"Jill had the kids chicken Caesar salad with grapes and milk."

"I had the beef with vegetable fried rice."

"The snap peas were so good, nice and crisp."

5 August Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, pic of Jill, and First Update of the Day

Old 08-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #2740
jabead
DIS Veteran

Gin also sent us an update from her dinner on Monday night at Epcot's...

"I started with the arancini."

"So good...I didn't plan to eat it all but I did."

"Jill had the spaghetti and meatballs."

"And I had an individual pizza with mushrooms and prosciutto."

"And then we finished with the...

Zeppole

"It was all so good. This was by far my favorite meal of the trip so far."

"Then we finished the night with ice cream from France's..."

"I had mint chocolate chip again."

"And Jill went with chocolate again."

3 August Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for signs, menu, and pics of Jill

Last edited by jabead; 08-28-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #2741
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our last update from yesterday was sadly the final one from Mary7116.

Mary said, "Our last table service meal of our vacation was at Downtown Disney's..."

"Nice seat. We weren't lucky enough to eat here but it looked nice so I snapped a photo."

"Irish soda bread: not a big fan but tasted fine."

"I decided on the roasted chicken and mashed potatoes. Juicy with the subtle flavors of lemon and thyme."

"Husband had the cod over mashed. He said it was very good."

"Son had the cheeseburger on onion roll with delicious Irish chips. The fries or chips were so crispy browned on the outside and soft inside. I cannot tell you how good these fries were! The burger was just as good with a lot of flavor."

"Other son had kids Mac & cheese with Irish chips. Very huge portion and yummy."

"And now dessert... Bread butter pudding for me. The butter sauce is out of this world, such a large portion and of course I was too stuffed to enjoy. Next time I'm ordering light to save room for this incredible dessert."

"Husband had the strawberry apple crumble, another huge portion. He really liked his dessert too."

"Son had plain ice cream which he enjoyed. It's his favorite."

"Live band (Sorry it's blurry)."

"Wall painting."

"Dancers."

"Photos from the attached Irish Store...some good finds here."

"A great place to end our vacation. We really like Raglan Road and look forward to coming back again. It's so good! The dancers were great and the live band kept us entertained. Service was great as always. Most every Disney restaurant has very good service."

2 August Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #2742
jabead
DIS Veteran

And since that was Mary's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Good Job!!!

Mary7116's Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 73

Last edited by jabead; 08-29-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #2743
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day today was sent to us this morning by Gisele (autumnpalm).

She said, "Breakfast today was a strawberry smoothie from the cart outside of Rock 'n Roller Coaster!"

1 August Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Old 08-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #2744
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next Brenda (emmysmommy) sent an update from their breakfast this morning at the Contemporary resort's...

She said, "Although I'm not a fan, it is convenient since we are staying at BLT."

"Menu photos:"

"Inside restaurant."

"Em ordered the multigrain waffle with the fruit compote. The waffles are now Mickey shaped."

"I decided to order the non-multigrain version of the Belgian waffle with a scrambled egg instead of breakfast meat."

"I actually liked this! It must be the Mickey shape."

5 August Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

Old 08-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #2745
jabead
DIS Veteran

One more update and then it's time to call it a night.

Chavaleh also sent us a breakfast update, this one from her breakfast on Tuesday at Animal Kingdom's...

"Only got a few pictures of the buffet. They have so many options there."

And their plates...

3 August Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign/menu pic, buffet pics, and pic of Chavaleh & DH with Goofy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: