DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #14
Andrew015
WL Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoo93 View Post
So, how do you explain the fact that I was able to book a full week at any room type at VWL at the 7 month mark throughout all of June, July, August, September, February and March, plus the second half of January (I did not attempt during October or the first half of November, so I don't know about that time)? And, BTW, during the times not mentioned, I could usually get a 1 BR for a full week, and sometimes a studio. And further, for a majority of those weeks where a full week wasn't available, I could get 6 nights for any room type, so depending on when your start/end times were, a full week would still have been available. Maybe I was just lucky? Everyone will make their own decision based on their own preferences, I just thought it might be helpful to include my experience in the conversation.

One thing you could do is go check right now and see if you can reserve a full week at VWL at any room type from 3/28-4/4 (today's 7 month mark). I already know the answer because I checked this morning, but for those who aren't inclined to trust me (and because I do not want to give away any information about current availability), you might find it more compelling.
No need to get chippy with me. I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers. Rather, I'm just trying to point out that your previous statement, " Wilderness Lodge is among the easiest resorts to book for any room type at any time of year", is simply incorrect. Just because you have had luck in the past, and because you can book VWL today at the 7 month window, doesn't mean that is the gospel for everyone. I own at VWL, and at the 11 month window, I could not get 2 studios for 9 nights this past May. I ended up having to do a split stay (7 nights at VWL, 2 nights at BLT). And May is by no means the busiest time of year at WDW. Fact of the matter is, VWL is the smallest DVC resort, and as a direct result, is not the easiest to book as you mentioned. If you were referring to SSR or OKW, I wouldn't have taken issue with you, because generally speaking, few people have trouble getting whatever they want at these two resorts at the 7 month window (aside from Christmas).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: