Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #601
shell1974
Earning My Ears

Great info thanks.....there in October
Old 08-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #602
Zabnee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell1974 View Post
Great info thanks.....there in October
Glad to hear you're coming to join us in October! What dates you coming? We'll be there 19-26.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 06:49 AM   #603
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabnee View Post
Glad to hear you're coming to join us in October! What dates you coming? We'll be there 19-26.
October is such an awesome time to visit WDW and especially FW....love all the Halloween decorations!!! Y'all will have a fabulous time!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #604
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
We stayed at FW back in 2009 and 2010. We drove back then. Rented a cart from Kenny one year, brought our own cart the second year.

In 2011 when planning another trip - my DH was not coming so my DDs and I were going to fly. I came on here and asked how luggage was handled with Magical Express. Someone was kind enough to share that they thought it would still be delivered to your cabin. In the end we switched and stayed at a Deluxe in 2011 and 2012 though. So I still do not know first hand how this work.

So, now my DH wants to go with us again, does not want to drive but wants to stay in the cabins.

I still have questions regarding ME/luggage.

Can anyone who has stayed at the cabins without a car tell me. When you arrive does ME deliver your luggage to your cabin - just as they would to your room at a resort?

Also, how do you handle luggage when you check out?

I've not decided at this point if we will rent a golf cart. I'm guessing we will. But I would like to have the luggage point worked out so we know FW will work regardless of whether or not we have a cart.

Thank you!
Hello! Your luggage will be delivered to your cabin. Also, when you check out, you will need to call the main number from your cabin phone and they will come pick you up with your luggage. It's a nice comfy van service. The number is on the cabin phone. It's very convenient. All 4 times that we have stayed, we didn't have a rental car.
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Old 09-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #605
Kaewin
GameMaster

Has anyone heard when the arm bands are coming to FW Cabins?

72, 79, 83, 85, 87 off site, 93 Dixie Landings (honey moon), 2001, 2004, 2006 off site, 2008 Coronado Springs, 2010 Riverside, 2011 Riverside, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Not going 2014 Cabins
Old 09-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #606
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

I've seen posts stating around Oct 21st...
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Old 09-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #607
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
Hello! Your luggage will be delivered to your cabin. Also, when you check out, you will need to call the main number from your cabin phone and they will come pick you up with your luggage. It's a nice comfy van service. The number is on the cabin phone. It's very convenient. All 4 times that we have stayed, we didn't have a rental car.
thank you so much. although I did subscribe to this thread, today is the first time I got an email telling me there was a new post on this thread.

I didn't mean to be wordy on why I was asking - but I went through the whole thread and saw where I asked the same question 2 years ago. . . thought it might look odd asking again.

We love FW. So this information is wonderful.

thank you again!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #608
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

We are staying at FWC for the first time in late Feb/earlyMar2014 and we are very excited. We are Floridians so we definitely will not being using the pool this trip. We are also doingMickey'sBackyard BBQ for the first time. Can anyone offer loop suggestions they like and why they prefer the location? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #609
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
thank you so much. although I did subscribe to this thread, today is the first time I got an email telling me there was a new post on this thread.

I didn't mean to be wordy on why I was asking - but I went through the whole thread and saw where I asked the same question 2 years ago. . . thought it might look odd asking again.

We love FW. So this information is wonderful.

thank you again!
No problem! Glad to help! We love the cabins and will not change for anything!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #610
mgjmom615
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if people decorate the outside of the cabins like they do at the campsites? If so is there any pictures?

WDW 20th anniversary 2008

WDW birthday trip for my 11 year old son Sept 2009

surprise trip Sept 18,2010

Just a 3 moms and 3 13 yr old sons trip in May 2011.

First Cruise Sept 12,2013 Disney Dream
Old 10-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #611
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
We are staying at FWC for the first time in late Feb/earlyMar2014 and we are very excited. We are Floridians so we definitely will not being using the pool this trip. We are also doingMickey'sBackyard BBQ for the first time. Can anyone offer loop suggestions they like and why they prefer the location? Thanks in advance.
We like loop 2500. It's right next to the quiet pool and the laundry and there's a bus stop right across the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgjmom615 View Post
Does anyone know if people decorate the outside of the cabins like they do at the campsites? If so is there any pictures?
We put lights around the deck railing and candles in the windows. This trip we're hoping to do more, but generally, the cabins are not really decorated.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 10-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #612
meganhernandez76
Earning My Ears

We are so excited to be staying at Fort Wilderness cabins in December. We have our reservation linked to my parents in the hope we get next door to each other. We have 2 golf carts rented. We bought our tickets and are paid in full. We are just waiting and hoping we get Magic bands soon. We stayed here back in 2009 and then went to the villas at WL in 2011. Excited to get back to FW and see all those Christmas decoration the campers put up.
I do have a couple of questions. Is the pool heated? I know the kids will want to swim but wasn't sure if it would be possible in December. Do I need to bring towels for the pool?
Old 10-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #613
CatandMouse
Earning My Ears

We are staying at the Cabins the first week of December and just can't wait! The MagicBand order showed up on My Disney Experience last week and I have all our FastPass+ selections made for the week

Question... we will have both a rental car and a cart (for a least a few days). So being close to a bus stop isn't too important to us. Is there suggestion for a more quiet loop/area? I know nothing is really "private" but what should I request?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #614
zuperdaave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganhernandez76 View Post
We are so excited to be staying at Fort Wilderness cabins in December. We have our reservation linked to my parents in the hope we get next door to each other. We have 2 golf carts rented. We bought our tickets and are paid in full. We are just waiting and hoping we get Magic bands soon. We stayed here back in 2009 and then went to the villas at WL in 2011. Excited to get back to FW and see all those Christmas decoration the campers put up.
I do have a couple of questions. Is the pool heated? I know the kids will want to swim but wasn't sure if it would be possible in December. Do I need to bring towels for the pool?
My recollection (and this is going back a few years) is that the pool is heated (at least the main pool) -- we went in Feb and same thing, kids wanted to swim! And yes, you need to bring your own towels for the pool (you can bring from your cabin and request more).

Old 10-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #615
zuperdaave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaewin View Post
2) How clean are the dishes and pans? Are they pretty good or are they kind of creepy?
Back when we stayed a few years ago everything was cvery clean - not creepy at all!

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: