Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Taking advantage of movies under the stars

I have read about the movies under the stars and I was thinking we may try to catch one on one of our come home from the park a little early nights (if we manage to that is). However, I can't seem to find details about it. I know they probably change over the course of a year, but is there a usual time that they start? We will be going in November after the time change so the sun will be going down by about 5:30, if the movies start at 6:30 that would be way too early for us, but if they start at 8:30-9:00 it might be doable. Does anyone have any experience? We are staying at OKW.

Last edited by Sheilby; 08-28-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

The movies change every month. Here's the schedule for OKW for August. They start at 9:00 this month.

Sundays - Cinderella (see our princess page)
Mondays - The AristoCats
Tuesdays - Dumbo
Wednesdays - The Sword in the Stone
Thursdays - Peter Pan
Fridays - Tangled (see our princess page)
Saturdays - Heavyweights

They normally start a little after the sun goes down. Looking at predictions for sunset in November, the movies will probably start at 6-6:30. We usually catch the movies during our resort days.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Thanks, I was afraid they would start that early once the shorter days come. I want to take advantage of our resort, but I doubt we would ever be back that early.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:12 AM   #4
karenlynn416
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad someone posted about this, I've been looking into doing the movie under the stars for our trip next month with my 5 year old niece. Friday night we are doing the halloween party and Saturday is a resort day not meaning to hijack your thread, but when they give a list for the week, are we to assume that it just recycles week after week for the month? We're staying at POR and I don't think lemonade mouth will keep the 5 year olds attention. Its close enough that we can head over to POFQ for Peter Pan... but just curious if there might be a chance we could catch something different. thanks for any help. Sorry again to barge in!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #5
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlynn416 View Post
but when they give a list for the week, are we to assume that it just recycles week after week for the month?
Yep. For the entire month, the schedule is the same. The same movie is played on every Monday during September, etc.

Quote:
We're staying at POR and I don't think lemonade mouth will keep the 5 year olds attention. Its close enough that we can head over to POFQ for Peter Pan... but just curious if there might be a chance we could catch something different.
You most definitely can head over to POFQ for Peter Pan if you think your little guy would like that better.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

It will probably be early in November. When we were there last year, they started the fire on the beach at 5:30 and the movie around 6:30. This was my kids' favorite part of the trip, the time we spent on the beach roasting marshmallows, watching movies and then watching the EWP and wishes.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Happyjen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
I'm so glad someone posted about this, I've been looking into doing the movie under the stars for our trip next month with my 5 year old niece. Friday night we are doing the halloween party and Saturday is a resort day not meaning to hijack your thread, but when they give a list for the week, are we to assume that it just recycles week after week for the month? We're staying at POR and I don't think lemonade mouth will keep the 5 year olds attention. Its close enough that we can head over to POFQ for Peter Pan... but just curious if there might be a chance we could catch something different. thanks for any help. Sorry again to barge in!!!
Hijack away, that is usually how I find out the interesting tidbits.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyjen27 View Post
It will probably be early in November. When we were there last year, they started the fire on the beach at 5:30 and the movie around 6:30. This was my kids' favorite part of the trip, the time we spent on the beach roasting marshmallows, watching movies and then watching the EWP and wishes.
That sounds really nice, but it just doesn't work with our ADRs. Glad you had a great time.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
mickeygirl78
Mouseketeer

When we stayed at AOA in November the movie started at 7pm.
mickeygirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
jkluttrell
Mouseketeer

Is there a link where you can find the info of the movies for each resort?

Disney vacations: March 1992, Offsite; March 2005, Offsite; October 2010, Caribbean Beach; November 2011, Port Orleans; October 2013, Pop Century; October 2014, Cruise on the Wonder

jkluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkluttrell
Is there a link where you can find the info of the movies for each resort?
Yes. Do a Google search of "pop century outdoor movie schedule". The first link will mention building a better mouse trip, click that one. You will see a list of all the resorts on the left side. Click the one you want.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: