Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #16
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0222 View Post
Ive heard opposite of this...

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
I'm sure you'll get 10000 opinions that will tell you they hate Chef Mickeys no matter what the meal & to avoid the place totally regardless mine is just my opinion too FWIW I have heard great & horrible BOG reviews too re-dinner
good friends of mine ate there a few nights ago and tried very hard to convince me to cancel our Christmas night dinner there Nope, will see for ourselves

Whatever you decide Happy Birthday Wishes

Luvchefmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #17
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic

I'm sure you'll get 10000 opinions that will tell you they hate Chef Mickeys no matter what the meal & to avoid the place totally regardless mine is just my opinion too FWIW I have heard great & horrible BOG reviews too re-dinner
good friends of mine ate there a few nights ago and tried very hard to convince me to cancel our Christmas night dinner there Nope, will see for ourselves

Whatever you decide Happy Birthday Wishes
Good to know. And yes I fully expect CM to not be the best food....but I'm not going for the food.

And thanks!

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #18
MommelissaB
Earning My Ears

I love to start at MK but we've also been lucky enough to have a slow start on the first day. While it's hard not to jump right into the parks, it's great to ease into it with a nice dinner and resort options. I think you've been given lots of options here, and however it works out will be fine. Enjoy your trip and birthday celebration!
MommelissaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 AM   #19
ammag
DIS Veteran

Both options are good, when we went our first day was at MK, crowd level 7 (eek) never had that level again, but we planned to go immediately to town hall to meet rapunzel then be leisurely. We checked out all of the shops, enjoyed details of Main Street. Went into bakery and c, gave DD a free cookie we went to fantasy
And and did quite a few things before the crowds got nuts and we left around noon. We went back for the parade and wishes at 5. I loved that we were able to enjoy the time instead of running to attractions on that crowded day! Actually this was our first ark day, our actual first day we went to target to stock up, went to resort for quick swim, and visited our great grandma, and that non Disney day was just fine! We were all happy just to be there
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #20
purpledisneyprncess
DIS Veteran

Do you need to pay upfront for your Chef Mickey ADR? I would reserve it now and if you change your mind between now and closer to your trip, you can cancel it. Remember you can always cancel later on but the other way around if you decide you want to go, it might be fully booked. Also on our most recent April trip, we wanted to be in MK for my sons birthday so we ended up going to the 3 other parks before MK. By the time we did MK we were tired and not fully enjoying the magic. This time around despite it being a non recommended day, we are doing MK our first day.

What do you think your son will want to do? What will make his bday most special? IMO I say go to MK.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: