Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #61
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila
 
ArielSparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan
I'm really hoping they have meet n' greets with photopass photographers. Otherwise I'll be grabbing unsuspecting guests to take my picture with the villians using my camera since I'll be solo.
They used the term Villain Encounter separate from the nightclub, so I think there will be a meet & greet. Hopefully because it's hard to get pictures on the dance floor.
__________________
ArielSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #62
Hayes76
Earning My Ears
 
Hayes76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40

Where do they do the fireworks for the special events? 17 days to go!
Hayes76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #63
yulilin3
Disney Freak
 
yulilin3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 20 minutes from Magic Kingdom
Posts: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayes76 View Post
Where do they do the fireworks for the special events? 17 days to go!
All of the fireworks I've seen at DHS have been behind the Hat. So if you stand around the tipboard (hollywood blvd and sunset blvd) you'll have a good view. If you stand to close to the hat you'll miss some of them.
If you don't mind the fireworks not being centered behind the hat you can watch it from near Indiana Jones and 50s Prime Time
__________________
Por favor manténgase alejados de las puertas
SWW 2015 Tips thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324422
SWW 2015 Roll Call thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3358654
yulilin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #64
Hayes76
Earning My Ears
 
Hayes76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!
Hayes76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #65
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila
 
ArielSparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3

All of the fireworks I've seen at DHS have been behind the Hat. So if you stand around the tipboard (hollywood blvd and sunset blvd) you'll have a good view. If you stand to close to the hat you'll miss some of them.
If you don't mind the fireworks not being centered behind the hat you can watch it from near Indiana Jones and 50s Prime Time
Was there music to go with it and would it be audible near Indy? Music really makes the show. The fireworks start to look the same if you aren't centered as designed. (as I type this I can hear Disneyland fireworks lol)
__________________
ArielSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #66
dpswift
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central New york
Posts: 1,468

We are coming from New York!!!!!!!!!!!!
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #67
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,772

I am a huge, huge villains fan so we will be there & it's our anniversary!!' Hoping for some awesome merchandise!!!
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #68
Hayes76
Earning My Ears
 
Hayes76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40

I am super excited to see the special merchandise too! Any idea if you can buy anything early in the day or will it only be out for sale in the evening?
Hayes76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #69
yulilin3
Disney Freak
 
yulilin3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 20 minutes from Magic Kingdom
Posts: 4,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSparrow View Post
Was there music to go with it and would it be audible near Indy? Music really makes the show. The fireworks start to look the same if you aren't centered as designed. (as I type this I can hear Disneyland fireworks lol)
Yes, I've been during NYE and 4th of July when the band (Muclh, Sweat and Shears) plays from the Hat Stage during the fireworks and you can hear them from Indy, also I've been during the May the 4th event and Last Tour to Endor and that was with recorded music and you could hear it as well.
As I said if you don;t mind them not being centered then the area around Indy is usually less busy
__________________
Por favor manténgase alejados de las puertas
SWW 2015 Tips thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324422
SWW 2015 Roll Call thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3358654
yulilin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #70
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila
 
ArielSparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3

Yes, I've been during NYE and 4th of July when the band (Muclh, Sweat and Shears) plays from the Hat Stage during the fireworks and you can hear them from Indy, also I've been during the May the 4th event and Last Tour to Endor and that was with recorded music and you could hear it as well.
As I said if you don;t mind them not being centered then the area around Indy is usually less busy
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine
I am a huge, huge villains fan so we will be there & it's our anniversary!!' Hoping for some awesome merchandise!!!
Mine too! How long? Five years for me!
__________________
ArielSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #71
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran
 
GaSleepingBeautyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayes76 View Post
I am super excited to see the special merchandise too! Any idea if you can buy anything early in the day or will it only be out for sale in the evening?
I've been trying to find this out. But no luck so far.

I know when the May the 4th Be With You was going on the merchandise was sold starting first thing in the morning. According to the CM's I spoke with most of it was gone by 10am.

But the May the 4th Be With You was advertised as an all day thing and the Villians event isn't.
__________________
Me DD15 DS19 DH Lola Rocky Shadow

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #72
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSparrow View Post

Thanks!

Mine too! How long? Five years for me!
Omg! 5 for us as well!! Lol!
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #73
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayes76 View Post
I am super excited to see the special merchandise too! Any idea if you can buy anything early in the day or will it only be out for sale in the evening?
No idea but praying it won't be like the Epcot anniversary where you stand in a loooooong line!
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #74
MamaOdieBoogie
Earning My Ears
 
MamaOdieBoogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 11

As long as Facilier is there, I am going to be happy, but I have a friend who is hoping that Ursula will be out, but I have never seen Ursula in a meet & greet form before.
MamaOdieBoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #75
suefly
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 53

We'll be there. Going down for this. Can't wait.
suefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.