Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #1171
dismom22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post

In December it took me about an hour and a half from when I landed until when I got to POP Century. Now I got my own luggage which took some time, and I had to go to the DME desk as my TA had accidentally threw away my paperwork instead of mailing it to me. On the other hand, when I did get in line I was immediately put on a bus and we left within a few minutes. So I would plan on it taking 1.5 hours just to be safe.
Thank you. I was hoping it'd be less than an hour. We leave in 2 weeks...maybe with the lower crowd numbers and the fact that I have linked my plane tickets with DME, it will go quicker. One can hope, haha!! I'll be sure to allow the extra time though.

What about getting to DTD? I hear it's brutal...I'm planning on leaving POP about 4:00 to go to DTD for our arrival night (Thursday 9/12)
Walt Disney World-Off Site-2009
Coming Soon: WDW POP Century Sept 2013!!

Old 08-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #1172
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY

Your going to get a song and dance. We had a new fridge in our first room. When we came back from the cruise we had the old fridge. Dh requested on since we are here for 12 days and basically lied to and told no rooms on property have fridges. Needless to say my parents were in building 4 and we were in building 5 and they had a fridge and we just still had the old one. Dh finally went and got us a fridge he talked to a manager.

I will say I think this will be our last year at pop. We booked a 7 day fantasy cruise and booked the free dining BB already. But we are going to stay moderate next year. The food court has pretty much stunk. I haven't had one meal I have enjoyed. I tried a couple of new things and . Not sure what is going on with the food court and they have one station closed all the time. Not impressed. I understand it is a bit slower this week. Dh wants a bacon cheeseburger not a southwest burger.
Hmmm....that's a bit strange....
I know the southwest burger is specifically listed on the menu, but I was able to order a bacon cheeseburger in June. As a matter of fact, I had one at both POP & AoA and the one from POP was SOOOO much better (juicier)!! The one at AoA was horribly Dry, so much so I needed a couple of mugfuls of soda to help wash it down!!
Have you tried asking for a bacon cheeseburger? I think they are readily available upon request.....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 02:10 AM   #1173
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran

I was there about 2 weeks ago and was able to order a bacon cheeseburger.
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
Old 08-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #1174
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom22 View Post

What about getting to DTD? I hear it's brutal...I'm planning on leaving POP about 4:00 to go to DTD for our arrival night (Thursday 9/12)
I don't know exactly how long it takes to get to DTD from Pop, but I wouldn't describe the trip to anywhere on property as "brutal." MK is the longest trip from Pop, I think. It's more than 15 minutes but less than 20 in typical traffic. DTD is probably about 15.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #1175
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfriend416

I don't know exactly how long it takes to get to DTD from Pop, but I wouldn't describe the trip to anywhere on property as "brutal." MK is the longest trip from Pop, I think. It's more than 15 minutes but less than 20 in typical traffic. DTD is probably about 15.
I'd say in typical traffic, it will take about 15 min to get to DTD depending on what entrance you want. Also the later at night, or closer to dinnertime you go, the longer it will take. The only thing I find brutual about driving to DTD, is trying to find a blasted parking space! Now that can be brutual unless you go early in the day....but by dinnertime, it's a nightmare IMO!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 04:49 AM   #1176
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnascar2x
I was there about 2 weeks ago and was able to order a bacon cheeseburger.
Thanks for posting this!!!
I know my friend who is a chef there makes me stuff that isn't on the menu but I was fairly sure that I had ordered this at the counter!! Glad to see you got one too! Confirms what I believed that I did get this at the counter and not thru my friend....
Allthough it made me laugh a bit, because when we were discussing the new menu ....this is the chef's meal of choice! A bacon cheeseburger! And they designed many of the other menu items!! LOL!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:29 AM   #1177
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

I'm on a business trip and in speaking to hubby last night we got a letter from Disney. It informs us about the refrigerator problem and it also states we will not have a refrigerator for our stay. We arrive 21 Sep. The letter does not mention any refund or compensation for the lack of fridge. Has anyone else received a similar letter?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #1178
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom22

Thank you. I was hoping it'd be less than an hour. We leave in 2 weeks...maybe with the lower crowd numbers and the fact that I have linked my plane tickets with DME, it will go quicker. One can hope, haha!! I'll be sure to allow the extra time though.

I very much doubt it will take less than an hour. It takes about 20 minutes just to get from the average gate over to DME. Then you have to wait your turn for a bus. If they are busy that can take a while. Then the bus ride is about 25-30 minutes to WDW, and the buses make multiple stops. In December it stopped at CBR, then POP, but that order could change.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 08-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #1179
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

I very much doubt it will take less than an hour. It takes about 20 minutes just to get from the average gate over to DME. Then you have to wait your turn for a bus. If they are busy that can take a while. Then the bus ride is about 25-30 minutes to WDW, and the buses make multiple stops. In December it stopped at CBR, then POP, but that order could change.
We always figure on two hours to get from the airport to the resort. We have also stopped at another resort first. There are so many variables; number of people, waiting for the bus to fill, traffic, stops etc.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #1180
tinkerbell2528
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhanksaz View Post

Where do you set up a pin for the MBs?

I didn't see the option on the personalizing of them
You can set up the pin when u do the online check-in.

Can't wait 2 more days for us to arrive at POP. 😃👍🎉

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Our Family
Me:DH: DD(11) DS:RIP(4) Sparky
WDW 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 14
Old 08-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #1181
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude
I'm on a business trip and in speaking to hubby last night we got a letter from Disney. It informs us about the refrigerator problem and it also states we will not have a refrigerator for our stay. We arrive 21 Sep. The letter does not mention any refund or compensation for the lack of fridge. Has anyone else received a similar letter?
They are sending the letter out to everyone. Its just a basic generic letter. The credit is not mentioned cause you have to ask for it and even then you might get the run around.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #1182
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymaya View Post
Thanks to both of you! I will have to see how much room is left in our suitcase.
Our last trip I packed our beach towels and the girls princess dresses in Space Bags! Saved soooooo much room in our suitcase!
November 2014: Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon, Girls Only Trip, Pop Century, MVMCP

10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR
Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report

Me DH DD6 DD3
Old 08-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #1183
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCatEars View Post
Today we received an email saying our magic bands we're being shipped. Then UPS delivered them 10 minutes later. Dang, Mickey is fast!
He's amazing! We got ours about 8 hours before the email telling us they had shipped!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #1184
vleeth
I heart Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebabymu View Post
Our last trip I packed our beach towels and the girls princess dresses in Space Bags! Saved soooooo much room in our suitcase!
Do you need to bring beach towels? Can we use the ones from the room at the waterparks?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #1185
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathere3 View Post
He's amazing! We got ours about 8 hours before the email telling us they had shipped!
Us too!

Kelly, if you are still around, how is the magic band testing going? (And I'm sorry that POP was a let down for you this time. I think it might be for us as well since we had such a great POR stay in June. But the price is right at Pop for these quick in an out trips so we keep coming back! )
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: