Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #16
DisneyDust2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post

I have FPs for Wishes on Sept.11 & Illuminations on Sept.12. I also have 3 FPs on those days for the attractions.
Can I ask when this showed up for you??
Old 08-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
ejcraft
Mouseketeer

is the FP+ for MSEP still up by the hub or back by the flag pole? just trying to decide whether I want wishes or MSEP
ejcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #18
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

MSEP or Wishes FP+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Yup.

I consider the Rose Garden an "OK" view, but certainly the severe fireworks angle of view is less than ideal.
And, (as was mentioned above) even less so for "Celebrate the Magic"
the castle projection show that starts just 15 minutes before Wishes begins.
Always love the great maps Robo.

Your opinion please:

So, if you planned to watch MSEP at 8pm and then Wishes at 9pm, and could choose only one FP+ location (and you HAD to choose one FP+ location and stay there for both events ), would you choose to watch both MSEP and Wishes from the MSEP FP+ location in the hub, or MSEP and Wishes from the Wishes FP+ location in the Rose Garden? (Sorry for the run on sentence )

Dan
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #19
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcraft View Post
is the FP+ for MSEP still up by the hub or back by the flag pole? just trying to decide whether I want wishes or MSEP
It was up by the Hub as of two days ago. Excellent viewing!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #20
PuppyJonathan
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have pictures of the area? I know where it is, but I just want to see the area again
PuppyJonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #21
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
FP+

Part of the "new system."

However, for each one of those FP+ viewing spots you choose, it will reduce your RIDE FP+ options by one.
That's a pretty steep price considering that you are only allowed to pick 3 (maybe 4) FP+ selections per day, total.
Okay, thanks.

I didn't know they included these as parts of the new FP+ system(which I already hate the idea of "scheduling" my rides.

I agree, especially during busy times, giving up a ride FP for a better viewing area that you can probably get on your own is not a good deal.
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #22
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFive View Post
if you planned to watch MSEP at 8pm and then Wishes at 9pm, and could choose only one FP+ location (and you HAD to choose one FP+ location and stay there for both events ), would you choose to watch both MSEP and Wishes from the MSEP FP+ location in the hub, or MSEP and Wishes from the Wishes FP+ location in the Rose Garden? (Sorry for the run on sentence )
All viewed from the MSEP position (in the Hub.)

(And, thanks for the kind words about the maps, Dan!)

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #23
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Robo, I also wanted to thank you for all the great maps/pictures you post. When we went 3 years ago I remember asking my husband how so many people seemed to know what to do, where to go and when to do it. It felt like they had some kind of secret map, now I know, they were probably from here and they had your maps.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #24
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
Robo, I also wanted to thank you for all the great maps/pictures you post. When we went 3 years ago I remember asking my husband how so many people seemed to know what to do, where to go and when to do it. It felt like they had some kind of secret map, now I know, they were probably from here and they had your maps.
Very kind of you to say!

Makes my day!

Old 08-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #25
MermaidMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have FPs for Wishes on Sept.11 & Illuminations on Sept.12. I also have 3 FPs on those days for the attractions.
Are you saying that you have 4 total FP+'s for both MK and Epcot? I know that 4 is the usual number at MK, but I've never seen more than 3 at Epcot.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:09 AM   #26
mrsnch
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yes, we have a Fast Pass + for IllumiNations on Saturday, Sept 7! I couldn't find an option for the Main Street Electrical Parade, though. Hoping this will be a good viewing spot, and not too overly crowded at Epcot.

Last edited by mrsnch; 08-28-2013 at 12:53 AM. Reason: left out the word not
mrsnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #27
mrsnch
Earning My Ears

Magic Bands Fast Pass +

We are headed to WDW Sept 5-18, 2013. In the past, my husband has let me use HIS Fast Pass for rides that he doesn't want to ride. I ride the Rock n Roller Coaster first, and then ride right away-- again-- using HIS Fast Pass. I am wondering if that will no longer be an option, as his Magic Band will show his name on the display at the Fast Pass entrance. Anyone have experience with this?
mrsnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #28
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsnch
We are headed to WDW Sept 5-18, 2013. In the past, my husband has let me use HIS Fast Pass for rides that he doesn't want to ride. I ride the Rock n Roller Coaster first, and then ride right away-- again-- using HIS Fast Pass. I am wondering if that will no longer be an option, as his Magic Band will show his name on the display at the Fast Pass entrance. Anyone have experience with this?
No experience, but considering you have to book the FP+ for each individual member of your party, I am quite certain you can't transfer them.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #29
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
No experience, but considering you have to book the FP+ for each individual member of your party, I am quite certain you can't transfer them.
There's little doubt that guests will be slipping off and handing each other their own bands for this kind of FP "trade."

Doesn't sound like a good idea.

But, I also doubt that that most CM's will care at bit if the name "Fred" shows up on the screen and you're a gal.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #30
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

I have been reading here and on other threads that you can only get a total of 3 FP+ for rides/attractions/parades/fireworks. Also all three can be at one park only. I just made 3 FPs for rides at AK on September 30th and that night I made both Wishes and MSEP at MK. Will I be able to do all 5 on that day? I'm wondering if this is a mistake on the site. Has anyone done 3 rides in one park and then watched Wishes and MSEP at MK?
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: