Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
Islandmom71
Earning My Ears

Magic Bands/fast pass+/fast pass ?

Just checking to see if I understand this...I can choose 3 fast pass+ rides per day ahead of time to our magic bands AND I can walk up to machines and get regular fast pass with our KttW cards?

We leave in one week, staying at the Polynesian, first trip!

Thanks for the help.
Islandmom71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandmom71 View Post
Just checking to see if I understand this...I can choose 3 fast pass+ rides per day ahead of time to our magic bands AND I can walk up to machines and get regular fast pass with our KttW cards?

We leave in one week, staying at the Polynesian, first trip!

Thanks for the help.
For now, yes.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

At the moment, yup exactly

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

Are only attractions listed for FP+. I notice no shows at MK, Just Mickey Meet and Greet, No shows or Meets at AK/Studios. Epcot did have for Illuminations and Character Spot.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post
Are only attractions listed for FP+. I notice no shows at MK, Just Mickey Meet and Greet, No shows or Meets at AK/Studios. Epcot did have for Illuminations and Character Spot.
See the link in my signature for a list of all attractions that have been known to appear as options to this point. For whatever reason, not all of them may appear at any one time.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
kirby428
Mousejunkie Wannabe

FP+ not easy to plan

Booked the resort in March, planted a bunch of ADR on the phone. Along comes the MagicBands and access to FP+ and the agony of dodging ADR times. The need to find a match of the attraction I want and a time of day when both meal and attraction times do not overlap was not easy. Problem is that experienced guests know about all the variables that one might encounter to wreak on the plan. Some ADR charge for tardy or no shows so the meal trumps. I found the process of planing attractions ahead of time in completion with meals very obnoxious. I dread the day the legacy FP system goes away. FP+ NOT GOOD. Never before have I felt a dread that this might the last Disney vacation. FP+ makes it feel Disney does not really want me in the parks.

kirby428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Just a heads up to Annual Passholders that to do this you may need to use your AP rather than the plastic card that you're given as backup to your Bands.

Last week I entered DHS and MK using my band. Later I attempted to get FP using the plastic card and both times the machine spit out a non-FP slip of paper saying that I was attempting to use a card that I had not used to enter the park. I was able to use my AP though

That being said, the first Saturday we were their at one point I was quadruple dipping! At various times between 1 and 2 pm I had 4 valid FPs all at the same time!!
1. On MB was Voyage of the Little Mermaid
2. On plastic backup card Winnie the Pooh
3. On my Annual Pass Goofy's Roller Coaster
4. Also on my AP, Dumbo because it is not linked to other FPs

Wheee!!! The park was CRAZY busy and we went from ride to ride with ease.

Amazing Trips with DD: Nov 2014 (MVMCP with Nana & Papa), Sep 2014 (10 days with Cousins), Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
MermaidMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinginontario View Post
Just a heads up to Annual Passholders that to do this you may need to use your AP rather than the plastic card that you're given as backup to your Bands.

Last week I entered DHS and MK using my band. Later I attempted to get FP using the plastic card and both times the machine spit out a non-FP slip of paper saying that I was attempting to use a card that I had not used to enter the park. I was able to use my AP though

That being said, the first Saturday we were their at one point I was quadruple dipping! At various times between 1 and 2 pm I had 4 valid FPs all at the same time!!
1. On MB was Voyage of the Little Mermaid
2. On plastic backup card Winnie the Pooh
3. On my Annual Pass Goofy's Roller Coaster
4. Also on my AP, Dumbo because it is not linked to other FPs

Wheee!!! The park was CRAZY busy and we went from ride to ride with ease.
We didn't have any problem using our KTTW in addition to our AP's (and MagicBands). In fact, we stayed at three different hotels, and could use all of the KTTW from each hotels (even after we checked out). We even had an extra set of KTTW because we left them in the room one day, so by the end of the trip we had 4 sets of KTTW, AP's, and MM+ -- we could have pulled 5 FP's plus FP+ at any given time.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
suedaisy
Mouseketeer

New to the Fast Pass+ world...

I am confused and would LOVE assistance.
We are heading to Disney for No Additional Cost Dining (my brother-in-law will not permit us to use the word "FREE") in September.

On the 11th, we are on points (rented) at Animal Kingdom Villas.
The 12-16th, we are at French Quarter. We will each have a 2 day ticket.
On the 16th, we move back to Animal Kingdom Villas.

There are 4 persons in our group.
Person A ticket will be used during the trip and made into an Annual Pass on Day 2.
Person B ticket will be used during the trip and made into a three day ticket on Day 2.
Persons C and D will not be using these tickets on the trip.

I received the MAGIC BAND option for the Animal Kingdom VIllas part of our stay. It appears that "French Quarter" tickets are linked to this reservation as well. I was able to select a few Fast Pass + times.

My questions- do the tickets have to be used that day to use the Fast Pass +? This is fine for some of the tickets, but the others will not be used.

I do not want to mess up any other fast pass options or misuse a ticket that we plan to "save." We only purchased the tickets as required for the 'Free" dining.
suedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
Raenstoirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby428 View Post
The need to find a match of the attraction I want and a time of day when both meal and attraction times do not overlap was not easy.
Thats interesting. When I booked plus, the system seemed to take into account our ADRs. We had an issue with tours though. We have two tours booked and those do not show up on MDE yet. That really threw a wrench into FP+! The system was adamant we take the safari in the middle of the time we are on the Trek. Maybe it knew we were going to be on a safari, just a different one?

Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Old 08-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #11
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
Thats interesting. When I booked plus, the system seemed to take into account our ADRs. We had an issue with tours though. We have two tours booked and those do not show up on MDE yet. That really threw a wrench into FP+! The system was adamant we take the safari in the middle of the time we are on the Trek. Maybe it knew we were going to be on a safari, just a different one?
When I booked them last night, every single day it would put one of the FPs right smack at ADR time (and most times it would be that way on each of the 4 options we had to initially select from)- and it would have a warning on it that said it conflicted with our ADR. Okay- so why did you give me that time then!!!!
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #12
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Can someone please tell me how/where I can order magic bands prior to our trip? I assumed it was through My Disney Experience but didn't find it there.

Thnks!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:01 AM   #13
joedog
Earning My Ears

I have no idea about how to "order" Magic Bands. We have a 5 day visit scheduled for late September and 2 days ago I got an email invite to try out the Magic Bands during our upcoming visit.

You know I jumped on that "toot sweet", signing up that afternoon.

Yesterday we got a UPS Package with a printed invite to participate. I was surprised by that since we had gotten the email invite.

Today we got our "custom" Magic Bands Overnight UPS.

Quite surprising (to me anyway) we were able to link our "Salute to the Military" to the Magic Bands by phone. Normally those tickets have to be "activated" at a park and cannot be added to the KTTW Card.

Also, yesterday I was on the phone with an WDW Ticketeer getting info on how to order a park ticket and when he was done answering my question he asked me if I was interested in getting Magic Bands for our visit.

Maybe you just have to call them and ask.

I am not sure how it is all going to work out but getting Fast Pass + is a BIG plus. We have signed up for Fast Pass Electric Parade and Wishes Fireworks viewing. We passed on Fantasmic but did get a Toy Story Mania in the middle of the day.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #14
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
I have no idea about how to "order" Magic Bands. We have a 5 day visit scheduled for late September and 2 days ago I got an email invite to try out the Magic Bands during our upcoming visit.

You know I jumped on that "toot sweet", signing up that afternoon.

Yesterday we got a UPS Package with a printed invite to participate. I was surprised by that since we had gotten the email invite.

Today we got our "custom" Magic Bands Overnight UPS.

Quite surprising (to me anyway) we were able to link our "Salute to the Military" to the Magic Bands by phone. Normally those tickets have to be "activated" at a park and cannot be added to the KTTW Card.

Also, yesterday I was on the phone with an WDW Ticketeer getting info on how to order a park ticket and when he was done answering my question he asked me if I was interested in getting Magic Bands for our visit.

Maybe you just have to call them and ask.

I am not sure how it is all going to work out but getting Fast Pass + is a BIG plus. We have signed up for Fast Pass Electric Parade and Wishes Fireworks viewing. We passed on Fantasmic but did get a Toy Story Mania in the middle of the day.
Thanks so much! You are the first person to confirm that you received communication from Disney to let you know you meet the requirements to participate.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
Raenstoirm

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
Thanks so much! You are the first person to confirm that you received communication from Disney to let you know you meet the requirements to participate.
We all got communications from Disney it was just weeks after we were selected. Our bands arrived on a monday morning. The following friday I got the email inviting me to test. And Disney has sent me an email every thee days since then reminding me about the test. Apparently I am valuable!
Pooh, are you staying at a test resort? And traveling in the next 8-10 weeks? That may be why you cant get bands yet (or ever for your trip)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: