Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #16
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Buildings 11 to 14 and 23 to 26 are "near hospitality house" for DVC reservations. You have to have that reserved, it's not a request.

My personal favorite is Turtle Pond water view but I always had a rental car. Quiet, nice views.

My least favorite that I've stayed in is building 28, the view is blocked by trees, which makes the room dark.

All buses stop last at the Hospitality House, so you can hop on any bus to get to the pool.
I booked as a regular guest and there wasn't an option for near hospitality house. Does 62 and 63 count as near hospitality house too? They seem even closer.

How often do the buses run through the resort? Will we be stuck waiting a long time in the middle of the day? The spot you mentioned looks nice on the map and I'm very tempted, but we will only have a car for a day and a half on the trip. I kind of like the idea of the room being blocked by trees, they absorb sound and would keep the patio cooler. I'm sure we will enjoy wherever we are.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #17
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I booked as a regular guest and there wasn't an option for near hospitality house. Does 62 and 63 count as near hospitality house too? They seem even closer.

How often do the buses run through the resort? Will we be stuck waiting a long time in the middle of the day? The spot you mentioned looks nice on the map and I'm very tempted, but we will only have a car for a day and a half on the trip. I kind of like the idea of the room being blocked by trees, they absorb sound and would keep the patio cooler. I'm sure we will enjoy wherever we are.
62, 63, 64 are not in the "near hospitality house" category but they are often used for handicapped or medical requests since they are the only buildings with elevators. That's another thing to consider - the buildings are 2 or 3 stories with no elevators except those 3. You mentioned your MIL, you may want to request first floor.

You have 4 park busses, water parks & Downtown Disney, so even in the middle of the day busses should come frequently to get the hospitality house.
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #18
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
62, 63, 64 are not in the "near hospitality house" category but they are often used for handicapped or medical requests since they are the only buildings with elevators. That's another thing to consider - the buildings are 2 or 3 stories with no elevators except those 3. You mentioned your MIL, you may want to request first floor.

You have 4 park busses, water parks & Downtown Disney, so even in the middle of the day busses should come frequently to get the hospitality house.
Oh, so they are the same buses as the park buses, We stayed at the SSR tree houses last time and it was an internal bus and then we had to switch at the main stop to catch the park buses. It was a pain so most of the time we walked. I don't want to tire out the little one before we hit the parks though, last time he was in a stroller.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #19
arizonacolbys
Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmel View Post
There is one area at OKW that faces a really noisy road....it had buses going up and down it thru the night. We had to get switched the following day. The CM said people from NYC enjoy that area b/c they are use to city noise thru the night. I am not and it really bothered me. So for me that would be a must to avoid.
Do you recall which section had the noisy road nearby? I'd like to avoid this one with young kids - thanks!
All Star Movies: Jan 2000 & Sept 2001 ~Poly & WL: Dec 2002, Contemp: March 2003 ~ POP - Sept 2004 (w/Jeanne!!), Jan 2005, May 2005 & Sept 2006! ~ BWV - Oct 2006, POP & CBR: Jan 2007 ~ WL: Aug/Sept 2007 ~ Poly & SSR: August 2009 - Maddie's 1st trip! ~ POR: Jan 2010 - girls only while hubby served in Iraq ~ SSR: Dec 2010 - Evelyn's 1st trip! ~ POP - May 2011 ~ AKLV - Sept 2012 ~ OKW: Dec 2013 ~ Upcoming trip - Dec 2014!!
arizonacolbys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #20
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonacolbys View Post
Do you recall which section had the noisy road nearby? I'd like to avoid this one with young kids - thanks!
See this map:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/okwmap.htm

The roads are on the left and the bottom. It's not really a specific section but buildings within the section.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #21
arizonacolbys
Owner of 2 Crazy Labs!

Quote:
See this map:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/okwmap.htm

The roads are on the left and the bottom. It's not really a specific section but buildings within the section.
Thanks!!
All Star Movies: Jan 2000 & Sept 2001 ~Poly & WL: Dec 2002, Contemp: March 2003 ~ POP - Sept 2004 (w/Jeanne!!), Jan 2005, May 2005 & Sept 2006! ~ BWV - Oct 2006, POP & CBR: Jan 2007 ~ WL: Aug/Sept 2007 ~ Poly & SSR: August 2009 - Maddie's 1st trip! ~ POR: Jan 2010 - girls only while hubby served in Iraq ~ SSR: Dec 2010 - Evelyn's 1st trip! ~ POP - May 2011 ~ AKLV - Sept 2012 ~ OKW: Dec 2013 ~ Upcoming trip - Dec 2014!!
arizonacolbys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: