Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #226
gfawcetti
Earning My Ears

Just checked into Pop... No fridge, but got one delivered for medical purposes... And the RIFD mugs went live today.

G
gfawcetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #227
winkiez721
Earning My Ears

Checked into Pop 50s section today. No fridge
winkiez721 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #228
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran

Checking out of Pop 60's today. No fridges here yet.

Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #229
5bound4wdw
Earning My Ears

Beach Club 8/22

We checked in on 22nd room on first floor HAVE ICY COLD FRIDGE!!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #230
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Just checked out of YC CL. We had a working fridge.
sarmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #231
Sleepyshopper
Earning My Ears

POR RR Poolside in 17 days.... anyone have any updates?? TIA

Sept. 2008 POP
Sept. 2012 POP
Sept. 2013 POR
Me , DH , DS16 , DD11, and DD3
Sleepyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #232
suefly
Earning My Ears

Got letter yesterday. Staying at Pop 9/12 to 9/15. So 16 days before I leave. Still hoping for a fridge.
suefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #233
Stormeyes
The Disney Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by suefly View Post
Got letter yesterday. Staying at Pop 9/12 to 9/15. So 16 days before I leave. Still hoping for a fridge.
We're staying at Pop 9/12-9/19! Wave hi to me and DBF! I'm short, blonde with glasses with my trusty canvas messenger bag that jingles when i walk, and DBF is tall, blonde with glasses and a Mohawk. Lol!

Hoping to get either a fridge from someone who checked out, or get credit for one!

Jan '97 - Contemporary Resort
April '00 - Port Orleans - French Quarter
April '01 - All Star Sports
Oct' 08 - Disneyland - Anaheim Marriott
Sept '10 - All Star Music
Sept. 12, 2013 - POP Century - Disney Engagement <3
Planning DFTW Sept '15
Stormeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #234
vanillarum
DIS Veteran

We checked in at AS Movies on the 20th. I called 3 times in the 2 weeks prior to our trip to request a fridge for medical reasons (I am a Type 1 diabetic). We had also ordered $100 worth of supplies, including milk and OJ, for the week. Each time I called I was told that there would be a fridge in the room, and that it would NOT be a medical fridge. When we checked in, we were again told that there was a fridge in the room. Guess what ? There was no fridge, only the unplugged one with the do not use sign on it. We called the front desk and were told "there is nothing we can do for you, there are no fridges". I said fine, then I will use the fridge that is here. They then told us we could go down the street and buy a fridge at Walmart and bring it to the room. We told them that we were frequent visitors, and that we had been promised a fridge, and if one wasn't found pronto, it would not be pretty. So we plugged in the old fridge, put the supplies in it, and left for the day. Came back to a fridge plugged in and empty. DO NOT BELIEVE CMs ON THE PHONE OR AT THE DESK. Good luck.
AUG '07 POLYNESIAN
DEC '11 POLYNESIAN
JAN "12 AS MOVIES
AUG '13 AS MOVIES
vanillarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #235
CoolHandLucas
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillarum View Post
Came back to a fridge plugged in and empty.
That's one defective fridge right there.
CoolHandLucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #236
vanillarum
DIS Veteran

Don't think so CoolHand. The new one did not have all the stuff printed on the top like the old ones do. But who knows ? Worked fine for the week.
AUG '07 POLYNESIAN
DEC '11 POLYNESIAN
JAN "12 AS MOVIES
AUG '13 AS MOVIES
vanillarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #237
Binx214
Earning My Ears

Checked in to akl savannah view yesterday our fridge was plugged in and working even though it had the letter stating not to plug it in...bell services put our cold groceries into it for us
Binx214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #238
kimmy85
Mouseketeer

We received our "you may not have a working fridge in your room" form letter from Disney yesterday. We are staying at CBR the last full week of September.

When I called Garden Grocer to inquire if I could cancel part of my order (had ordered groceries prior to the swap out/recall), I was told emphatically that WDW would ensure we have a fridge for our groceries.

We are flying so we are still sticking with Plan B - soft sided cooler with ice from the machines to keep our milk, water, and adult beverages cold!

Thanks again to all the posters keeping us in the loop!
kimmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #239
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy85 View Post
We received our "you may not have a working fridge in your room" form letter from Disney yesterday. We are staying at CBR the last full week of September.

When I called Garden Grocer to inquire if I could cancel part of my order (had ordered groceries prior to the swap out/recall), I was told emphatically that WDW would ensure we have a fridge for our groceries.

We are flying so we are still sticking with Plan B - soft sided cooler with ice from the machines to keep our milk, water, and adult beverages cold!

Thanks again to all the posters keeping us in the loop!
How often do you have to refill your ice in your cooler?? We're thinking about doing this too in case we run out of mini-fridge space.
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #240
kimmy85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
How often do you have to refill your ice in your cooler?? We're thinking about doing this too in case we run out of mini-fridge space.
Right now, our plan would be to change up the ice at least twice a day - in the morning before we head off to the park and again once we return. We don't plan on keeping too much on ice at one time.

Our perishables only include 1/2 gallon milk, quart of half n half, and a days worth of beverages (couple water bottles, 2 beers, and a single serve wine). Nothing else on our grocery list requires refrigeration.

We are also bringing an extra poncho for the floor underneath the cooler just in case.

The thought was the ice should keep items cool if we keep the number of items to a minimum and by keeping the a/c on in the room at a reasonable temperature.

Our TA noted on our reservation that we requested a fridge but since ours is not a medical need, it's a toss-up!

It is having a small impact on our plans since I also want to order a surprise cake for my DH (anniversary) but if we don't have a fridge to store the leftovers, then I don't want to worry about it...
kimmy85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: