Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #3106
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,047

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
AB rooms vs. Mansion rooms. At first I was absolutely sure about requesting an AB room until Andre posted some pictures that intrigued me and made me start to think the mansion might be a better choice. I started looking a little more closely at the rooms and noticed that in the AB room where the Murphy bed is located is where a bureau would be in the mansion rooms. Is there a bureau in the AB rooms elsewhere that I'm missing? Last time we really utilized the bureaus in our room and I think I would miss not having one. Thanks!
Nope, that's one of the challenges to an AB room, the lack of storage. That being said, people have found lots of ways around it, like hanging racks etc.
__________________
2015 May Trip Cancelled - Maybe Christmas, Maybe 2016, Maybe.
Shaden is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #3107
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran
 
Yellowstonetim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Posts: 1,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
AB rooms vs. Mansion rooms. At first I was absolutely sure about requesting an AB room until Andre posted some pictures that intrigued me and made me start to think the mansion might be a better choice. I started looking a little more closely at the rooms and noticed that in the AB room where the Murphy bed is located is where a bureau would be in the mansion rooms. Is there a bureau in the AB rooms elsewhere that I'm missing? Last time we really utilized the bureaus in our room and I think I would miss not having one. Thanks!
Actually, if you look closely, there are three drawers below the Murphy bed. I think this gives the same amount of drawer space, but it is all at a low level. We are taking some plastic drawers to set in the corner and a hanging organizer for the closet area.
__________________
I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #3108
Mom2six
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
Actually, if you look closely, there are three drawers below the Murphy bed. I think this gives the same amount of drawer space, but it is all at a low level. We are taking some plastic drawers to set in the corner and a hanging organizer for the closet area.
Plastic drawers are a great idea. I thought about doing that but wasn't sure there would enough room. We have the hanging "Shelves" to organize our clothes though.
Mom2six is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #3109
atp
Mouseketeer
 
atp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 430

Question Shipping packages to resort

I was thinking of buying a few things that are on sale at the Disney store plus a few other things from other stores (since I don't live in the US) and have them shipped to the resort.

Is there a fee to receive my packages if I do that? Will they hold the packages for me if they arrive before? For how long?

Does anyone know?
atp is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #3110
MataHari22
Mouseketeer
 
MataHari22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by atp View Post
I was thinking of buying a few things that are on sale at the Disney store plus a few other things from other stores (since I don't live in the US) and have them shipped to the resort.

Is there a fee to receive my packages if I do that? Will they hold the packages for me if they arrive before? For how long?

Does anyone know?
There is thread for shipping info. I have been told they will hold your package. I am going to ship mine a week before. Here is the link. It's a sticky thread on the top of the Disney Resorts board:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212
MataHari22 is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #3111
TDDisney
Mouseketeer
 
TDDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 297

For those of you doing FP+ who got this message: We're Sorry The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window....have you figured it out, yet, or did it go away? Have you been able to do it?
TDDisney is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #3112
stickeymouse
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post
For those of you doing FP+ who got this message: We're Sorry The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window....have you figured it out, yet, or did it go away? Have you been able to do it?
Nope, still no luck, but we aren't arriving until November. I assume this means it's too early. I am not sure if it has been confirmed, but I suspect FP+ selections open up at the 60-day mark.
stickeymouse is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #3113
4butlers
DIS Veteran
 
4butlers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post
For those of you doing FP+ who got this message: We're Sorry The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window....have you figured it out, yet, or did it go away? Have you been able to do it?
Yes, I was getting this message until today, our 60 day mark. I've now made all our FP+ selections.
__________________
Me & DH, DD, DS

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2014-DLR
4butlers is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #3114
stickeymouse
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickeymouse View Post
Nope, still no luck, but we aren't arriving until November. I assume this means it's too early. I am not sure if it has been confirmed, but I suspect FP+ selections open up at the 60-day mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post
Yes, I was getting this message until today, our 60 day mark. I've now made all our FP+ selections.
This settles it!
stickeymouse is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #3115
kandb
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,281

We will be at POR on Sunday for 9 nights. We have the dining plan and on our departure day, DME will be picking up us at the resort at approx. 11am. I was wondering if we will be able to get sandwiches at the foodcourt before we leave. Are there premade sandwiches we can grab before we get on DME? What time do they put lunch items out? Thanks
kandb is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 02:50 AM   #3116
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,457

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
Are there premade sandwiches we can grab before we get on DME? What time do they put lunch items out? Thanks
The lunch menu starts at 11am. They don't have pre-made sandwiches in a grab-and-go fridge, but they could bag up something from the Sandwich counter for you to take with you. Might be better to buy it the night before though, as the timing would be very tight.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #3117
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,457

Could someone who is at POR at the moment do me a favour and snap some quick photos of the menus/pricelists in the food court? Ideally for Lunch (pre 5pm) and also Dinner (after 5pm) if possible. I've just finished updating the site based on my own trip, but I gather there were a few options due to change last week and I'd just like to make sure I've captured any minor alterations and/or price changes.

Just basic cameraphone snaps of each 'page' on each of the TV screens would be perfect as long as I can read the text. Sorry if you get any strange looks, I guess I'm used to it by now.

If you could email them to me at the admin address for the site (admin(at)portorleans.org) that'd be great.

Thanks!

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #3118
DonaldDuck77
Mouseketeer
 
DonaldDuck77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickeymouse View Post
This settles it!
I know we aren't 60 days from November quite yet, but I still want to see a November check-in do fast pass+/magic band to be sure, since the "test" is supposed to run through the end of October.

Someone checking in at the beginnning of November, be sure to update whenever you are within 60 days please.
DonaldDuck77 is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #3119
stickeymouse
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuck77 View Post
I know we aren't 60 days from November quite yet, but I still want to see a November check-in do fast pass+/magic band to be sure, since the "test" is supposed to run through the end of October.

Someone checking in at the beginnning of November, be sure to update whenever you are within 60 days please.
Couldn't agree more! It would be nice to know for sure. We should know by next week, hopefully.
stickeymouse is offline  
Old 08-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #3120
stef12280
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 74

Hi I am arriving at POR in 31 days . For everyone arriving in October and November I noticed with Fast pass + I was not able to select times till this week around the 35 day mark. When I tried to before it would give me the message that I did not have date with in the time frame.

I say to those trying keep checking especially around the 35 or 34 day mark.

Hope this helps others, I am not too keenon the Fast pass+ just really wanted it to make sure my kids got to ride Toy story Mania since thats there favorite. We will see I am not sticking to my times since WDW customer service told me i can still egt regular fast passes with my cards.
stef12280 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: