Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #406
DisneyFanSince71
Mouseketeer

In November, 2009 I was at the Tower of Terror waiting for the room to fill and the introduction video to start. I was making idle chat with a friend on the upcoming football games that weekend and heard a mysterious, dry voice state that Pittsburgh was going to beat West Virginia. It was ToT' bellhop.

DisneyFanSince71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #407
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

These are hilarious!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #408
Catrinabeach
DIS Veteran

Our 1st MNSSHP Dh was dressed up as Prince Charming and I was dressed as Snow White as was our 2 yr old.

Cinderella`s step sisters came running up to Dh screaming their heads off. We stopped and looked and they said Prince Charming does Cinderella know you are out with Snow White ??? And then proceeded to exclaim about how much they liked his mustache and goatee. LOL Dh loved it. The Step Mother just stood there giving us her famous disapproving look LOL
Old 08-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #409
Fairyjen1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Gracey999 View Post
Not so much a funny one-liner, but an interesting story... in line for a ride once I chatted up a CM and he told me that SM was his fav ride, but that he rode it once with the lights on and now it makes him seriously nervous (b/c he saw how tightly build the track is inside). PLUS he never holds his hands up anymore. This guy was maybe 5'5" so not that tall. He said he was terrified of getting his hands chopped off.

EDIT: I should mention that there were NO small children around when we were chatting. He was just confiding in me and my friend.
Funny, that's exactly what a CM friend of mine said as well. He has worked at DLR for over 25 years, started out in rides. He said he rode SM once with the lights on and has never rode with his hands above his head again!
Fairyjen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #410
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
"I swear, have never seen this duck before in my life."

This is so cute!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #411
jsal318
Mouseketeer

Jasmine is my favorite princess, so when I met her at the princess dinner in Norway, I had to get a picture with her. I told her she was my favorite and that I had gotten married to "her song"(A Whole New World). She told me she did, too, so I told her I knew that. Then she said in her own voice (not the character voice) "No, I really did!". I thought that was so funny!
jsal318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #412
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

I was working with another CM outside at Animal Kingdom and a family approached us on the walkway with a stroller holding a backpack as the child was walking.

The CM said "Hold it right there folks! I'm gonna need to you let that baby out of that bag, it is too hot today for that!"

The guests looked confused but then started cracking up
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #413
Stitch76
Mouseketeer

One of our favorites was on the Jungle Cruise.
Our skipper was named Doug, as he was going through his usual jokes, he suddenly yelled out SQUIRREL and acted as if he was going to jump off the boat after it. The reference went over some people's heads, but since one of my kids favorite movies is UP, they were rolling.
BTW, there actually WAS a real squirrel by the water, Doug followed up by telling everyone it was an elusive man eating amazon squirrel.

2008 All Stars Movies Resort
2010 Fort Wilderness
2012 Port Orleans Riverside
2015 ????Maybe????
Stitch76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #414
margeandfredfred
Earning My Ears

We had a very late dinner reservation at CRT, and my little guy was wiped out. By the time Belle made it to our table, he was sleeping on the banquet between dh and I, mostly hidden from view. Belle walked up to the table, saw ds, and gasped. She told my daughters, "Girls, you have to be more careful with those wands! You've put a sleeping spell on your brother!" One of our favorite moments from that trip.
margeandfredfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #415
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch76 View Post
One of our favorites was on the Jungle Cruise.
Our skipper was named Doug, as he was going through his usual jokes, he suddenly yelled out SQUIRREL and acted as if he was going to jump off the boat after it. The reference went over some people's heads, but since one of my kids favorite movies is UP, they were rolling.
BTW, there actually WAS a real squirrel by the water, Doug followed up by telling everyone it was an elusive man eating amazon squirrel.
I wonder if that squirrel is any relation to the rare african killer duck I saw.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #416
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

bump
Old 09-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #417
WuvEeyore
Mouseketeer

On our honeymoon, my hubby and I were wearing just married buttons. Most of the CMs congratulated us, but the one at HM said, my condolences. Loved it!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #418
Hootch
DIS Veteran

Not exactly what

they said but what they did.

We usually watch the evening parade near the end of the route where you cross over to Splash and BTMMR. The CMs keep a path open for guests to cross over. As the parade gets closer people jockey for position.

One night that same thing was happening. One of the CMs asked the crowd to name all of the Disney animated features with one word titles.

It worked as people forgot about positioning and tried to answer her question.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #419
Katelly
Mouseketeer

We were staying at the Beach Club and were heading back to the hotel through the international gateway. I had just been to the bakery in France and bought myself some kind of chocolate yummy pastry "to go" to enjoy back at the hotel.

Well, as I walked past the cm at the gate he stopped me and pointed to the dessert and said "I'm sorry miss, you can't take food out of the park", I had no idea if it was some new rule or whatever. So, I said that I'd eat it quick right there whilst sitting on a bench. He told me that wasn't allowed. I was a bit miffed but asked if I had to throw it out. He said, "no, you have to give it to me" So I handed it over, and the other cm's were laughing and then they all kind of said "haaaa, he's just kidding you!!!" He gave me back my dessert. I felt like such a moron!

Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
Katelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #420
Disnerdette
Earning My Ears

On a cool morning at MK that was threatening rain, my friend and I got in the tiny line to meet Alice and the Mad Hatter. I had on jeans with ripped holes and a Boston Red Sox hat (I'm from Massachusetts) and when I approached them, the Mad Hatter asked me if I had fallen through a "cheese grater" because of the state of my pants. He also asked where in MA I was from, and when I told him, he jokingly mocked the name of my town with the way anyone from out of state says it. I asked him how he knew that (as I don't live in a famous town) and he wouldn't tell me!

On the same day, I had on a birthday button, and Pocahontas told me, quite seriously, to enjoy being young, as when I get to be her age, I'll have to start "lying about" my age.

wdw to do list:
*expedition everest *victoria & alberts *maelstrom *spaceship earth *test track *hall of presidents

dl to do list:
*dole whip *enchanted tiki room *casey jr *storybook canal boats *lilly belle
Disnerdette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: