Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #76
dansyr2514
DIS Veteran

No word that I know of! Ohhh how I wish southwest would come in there. I don't even mind flying allegiance but their return times are like 7am. Too early for me!! We use Philly now too. Usually southwest because I don't have to pay for bags.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #77
blfbrat
Earning My Ears

Hello, we are in Harrisburg and the rest of our Disney Lovers are in York and Royersford. We are going the first week of December. Flying out of 3 different airports this trip. First time we all went, we all flew together, but leaving home and coming home on different schedules.
1962 Disneyland
1963 Disneyland
1964 Disneyland
1965 Disneyland
1966 Disneyland
1967 Disneyland
1968 Disneyland
1969 Disneyland
1984 Disneyworld
1990 Disneyworld
2011 Disneyworld Pop Century
2013 Disneyworld Polonesian
2015 Disneyword booked
blfbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #78
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blfbrat View Post
Hello, we are in Harrisburg and the rest of our Disney Lovers are in York and Royersford. We are going the first week of December. Flying out of 3 different airports this trip. First time we all went, we all flew together, but leaving home and coming home on different schedules.
Welcome fellow Central Pennsylvanian! I'm across the river to your west about 5 miles in Camp Hill.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:27 AM   #79
Dreamport
Pan-the-Man's Godmother

Sharon... Hermitage... I'm seeing some familiar places which may actually have heard of my town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
I live in the Cleveland area, but grew up in Meadville
Another Meadvillain! That's where I grew up!! And still am. It's Fair Week so we're gearing up to get our country on and going to Waldameer later this week. I just keep thinking of these as pre-shows and warm-ups to our Sisters Trip to Disney next month. Oh, and to any who vacationed around here at nearby Conneaut Lake Park, someone burned down the Beach House a couple weeks ago. Very sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wereallwet View Post
Awesome! I'm actually trying to plan a disney meet/pin trading event here in Pittsburgh around October/November. Ill keep everyone updated with the location. Probably a hotel near Pittsburgh.

And I'll be at disney world in September!
What week in September? Too bad one of those meets wasn't last month. My Dad had appointments all day in Pittsburgh and I could have used something to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhouseofmouse View Post
I figured this would be a good place to ask fellow Pa Disney world drivers. I am planning our first "Driving to the world" trip this coming Fall. Has anyone here drove to Disney from here in Pa??? If so any tips and/or helpful advise for someone who is doing it for the first time?
When we were little (this is 15-20 years ago), we'd always take two days down and back and stay the night at a Days Inn in Statesville, NC. Travel games, books and frequent stops to let us kids out to release energy got us through then we would spend the first evening with relatives. An overnight trip then waking up in Disney would have been amazing, not that I'd trade our experiences for anything. Maybe to get the original Imagination ride back. Maybe.

Upcoming Trip Players: Dad, Mom, Me (29), DSis (23)
Recent Trip Players: Me (28), DSis (22) & first-timer 'Squishy' (21)
P/TRs: Do You Want to Go to Disney (TR June 2014
/PTR Feb 2015)

'88 to '98 -- 7 trips offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport, '13 -- AoA Cars & ASMu, '14 -- Pop Century, '15 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Dreamport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #80
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamport View Post
Another Meadvillain! That's where I grew up!! And still am. It's Fair Week so we're gearing up to get our country on and going to Waldameer later this week. I just keep thinking of these as pre-shows and warm-ups to our Sisters Trip to Disney next month. Oh, and to any who vacationed around here at nearby Conneaut Lake Park, someone burned down the Beach House a couple weeks ago. Very sad.
I miss the fair. My boys always seem to start school the week of the fair so we are never able to get over for it. I heard about the Beach House. It is sad to see how the park has declined.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #81
Dreamport
Pan-the-Man's Godmother

Quote:
I miss the fair. My boys always seem to start school the week of the fair so we are never able to get over for it. I heard about the Beach House. It is sad to see how the park has declined.
It is very sad. The park comes to life again in September and October for "Ghost Lake" activities, but other than that I don't even remember going to the actual park since I was in elementary school. I've never even ridden the Blue Streak. We just came back from the Fair and everything is always the same, give or take a few new deep fried treats.

/PTR Feb 2015)

'88 to '98 -- 7 trips offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport, '13 -- AoA Cars & ASMu, '14 -- Pop Century, '15 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #82
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Hey fellow PA residents! I'm from the Susquehanna Valley. Think the home of Little Leage Baseball - Williamsport - and I'm fairly close. I'm an hour from State College and an hour from Wilkes Barre....where I will be dropping my son off on Friday to begin college.

I'm only 20 minutes from Knoebels Amusement Park....anyone heard of it?

Glad to know there are so many of us on here.

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #83
KimmyAnne
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I heard about the Beach House. It is sad to see how the park has declined.
Our newspaper had an article about a lot of volunteering that had been going on at the park this summer. I haven't been there myself in years. It seems like every time they get some forward motion going to get the park back on its feet, something bad happens.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #84
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyAnne View Post
I never noticed there was a thread here for PA Dis'ers... hi everyone!!

Didn't expect to see someone from Sharon LOL. I live in Hermitage... though I did have a 5 year stint in Sharon
Omgsh that's hilarious! Hello in the next town over

Last edited by jillbur; 08-27-2013 at 10:03 PM.
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #85
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamport View Post
Sharon... Hermitage... I'm seeing some familiar places which may actually have heard of my town.

Hey Meadville! I'm in Sharon. We were just discussing Meadville today at work. We saw an ad in a magazine for "Fiercely made in Meadville" Channellock. We just drove up your way en route to Erie for the Biggest Loser half marathon on the 17th and then again to hit up Splash Lagoon before school started this week.

So sad about the Beach House. That park cannot catch a break. I remember going every year as a kid for work picnics for my dad. Do you remember Fairyland Forrest across the street? I went there for my kindergarten field trip a LONG time ago!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #86
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
Welcome fellow Central Pennsylvanian! I'm across the river to your west about 5 miles in Camp Hill.
Just seeing this - I live in Lemoyne. Mom lives in Camp Hill. Too funny. Wish I'd known about the June meet up in Hershey. I wonder if anyone would be interested in another for the Hershey Park in the Dark or Christmas Candylane?
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #87
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post
Fellow Lehigh Valley people, I miss directs to Orlando out of ABE! Any word of any new airlines coming in? It's so nice to have an airport so close, I just wish it went more places! We use Philly now.
We flew to Sanford using Allegient in February. easy flight, though they do charge you for everything (including carryons) but you do have to either rent a car or hire a service -- no magical express from Sanford.
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #88
Dreamport
Pan-the-Man's Godmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Hey Meadville! I'm in Sharon. We were just discussing Meadville today at work. We saw an ad in a magazine for "Fiercely made in Meadville" Channellock. We just drove up your way en route to Erie for the Biggest Loser half marathon on the 17th and then again to hit up Splash Lagoon before school started this week.

So sad about the Beach House. That park cannot catch a break. I remember going every year as a kid for work picnics for my dad. Do you remember Fairyland Forrest across the street? I went there for my kindergarten field trip a LONG time ago!
Only on a PA related board could someone be discussing little ol' Meadville. I don't think I've ever seen one of those ads! How were the marathon and Splash Lagoon? We only went to Splash once and that was a handful of years ago.

Sorry, but I don't remember Fairyland Forrest. Just checked with my mom and she never took us there, only to the Park. What was it like? And apparently the ol' Park is still going. I just heard on the radio that they were having some events this weekend like cover bands and such.

/PTR Feb 2015)

Old 09-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #89
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
We flew to Sanford using Allegient in February. easy flight, though they do charge you for everything (including carryons) but you do have to either rent a car or hire a service -- no magical express from Sanford.
Have you looked at the frontier flights out of Wilmington? They don't fly out of Harrisburg for our dates (switched the schedule to Tuesdays and Saturdays). I looked at the Wilmington flights and could have booked five round trip tickets for $750. It's gone up a bit since then. We decided not to go with that flight because we're leaving in January and I didn't want to risk having issues with the road, but I was soooo tempted. At the end, I booked a Delta flight that has a fairly short layover in Kentucky. We could have had a cheaper flight from BWI taking airtran. But when I factored in the extra driving (HIA is twenty minutes from our house), it sort of balanced out. At least when we land, we'll be home in half an hour and not looking at a trip up 83 North to get home.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #90
Philliesfan56
Earning My Ears

New PA Disboarder

Hello everybody
My wife and I are just outside Reading, PA. We are going to Disneyworld December 5th for 8 days. We love it at Christmastime with all the hotels and parks decorated. we are doing Mickey's Christmas Party Tuesday the 10th and DISAppalooza Toy Story Mania Event on Friday the 6th. Would like to fly out of Wilmington, Delaware but wife does not like to fly. So we well be traveling down I-95.
Philliesfan56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: