Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #1876
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Claire looks so happy in all those photos!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #1877
Beth D
DIS Veteran

WOW! Glad you are both OK. At least the car can be replaced, despite Skip's irritation! Knowing where you live, was he from Michigan? I got hit once by an uninsured motorist from Michigan, and it was awful. My insurance co went after him. Thank goodness I didn't have much damage though.

Michigan has No fault insurance, so many folks don't have much at all, and I hate it when they come down into OH, cause for the most part we have decent laws about insurance. Your insurance co. will probably go after him for more.

Love the pics! I'm glad you're well enough to continue the TR! Any fall travel planned?
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #1878
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

Jen just caught up again it's a little of the same as the last time I fell behind... :S I promise to stay more current!! Cute photopass pictures with the balloons!!
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #1879
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Thanks for the suggestion....I will definitely ask. Now lets hope the kids cooperate....
Yeah, that can be a challenge in itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Just think-Karma is a B***h!!!
Love the photos!
I keep trying to think that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Cute pictures! I always miss that little photopass spot with the castle in the distance. I need to try and focus on getting a picture there, because they are always so nice!

I can't believe that you were nearly hit again. I'm sure Paige is about to have a nervous breakdown even thinking about getting in a car again.
I have so many spots I have missed. I eventually want to get the one where they insert Captain hook with a sword, but I have never seen anyone out doing it when I am in the area.

Paige is having a fit. We are really noticing how bad people are driving lately too. Hopefully we will be back to normal soon and can drive without fear of the other idiots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nice to see an update.

I hope Paige is still doing well!

Those pictures of Claire with Mickey are just adorable. As usual, I love her outfit.

Claire is too funny while you are trying to "hold her down" on Main Street!
It was really nice to write one. And I actually started editing more pictures for the first time in 2 weeks this weekend. It was nice to get back to doing it.
I thought that was such a fun picture too. One of my favorites. At that point I just wanted to have some more fun/silly pictures instead of the same types of poses everywhere. I need to really check out some more ideas to make it more fun next time.
On our Epcot day Claire had a itsakadoozie...or something like that and we got our picture taken and we stuck our tongues out like we were licking it. The photographer was great and was laughing so hard. it said it was great to see people doing silly things who weren't drunk from the wine festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
OMG Jen, I'm so sorry about your accident and soon after the other one for Paige. I'm so glad you are both OK. You definitely need to get some lottery tickets.

So sorry about your car. I can just imagine how you must be feeling, I had one of those types of accidents where I was rear ended after I stopped to avoid hitting another car that stopped short and it was scary, I still have visions of that big truck in my rearview mirror to this day and it was in 2000 (it was one of those big Car Carrier trucks-full). I had my car totaled too but mine was only about 2 years old. (I was pushed into the car in front of me so it was front and back damage)

ETA after I read your update:

Cute pics with Mickey, that's great the line wasn't too long.

I really like magic shots! You have gotten some nice ones this trip but I think the balloon ones are my favorite. I have to remember to ask for those next trip at the various PP stops.
I do need to go get tickets. Luck has got to get better,thats for sure.
I am really watching my rearview mirror a lot these days. People really do like to tailgate, I have noticed.....
I love the balloon shots and holding her down just came to me at the spur of the moment and I kept saying "Don't fly away Claire" and she was laughing at me for doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireW View Post
Enjoyed the latest update- we've never been inside Mickey's meet and greet area yet - but so sorry to hear about your accident.
Glad everyone except the car is ok
I hadn't either, so it was nice to do something different. I always have so many things I do over and over, so when we add something new in the mix I am always happy!

We started the car shopping. I actually got off my rear and went out to test drive a few yesterday. I told Skip my findings and then he says "Maybe we should just get a brand new car. 2013 need to be cleared out, so that would be wise". Um you don't have to say that twice, so I went online and I found the newer version of my old car (I had a sebring, which is replaced now with the 200) and I told him that this is what I want. I didn't get a commitment, but it was in the same price range of other cars he suggested, so if we go with the a new car, I might as well get something I really like. Of course I need to test drive it and make sure, but it really looked sharp. he also talked about an SUV or crossover ....but those are like almost twice as much as the 200 and I just can't see him paying that much.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #1880
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Claire looks so happy in all those photos!
She had a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
WOW! Glad you are both OK. At least the car can be replaced, despite Skip's irritation! Knowing where you live, was he from Michigan? I got hit once by an uninsured motorist from Michigan, and it was awful. My insurance co went after him. Thank goodness I didn't have much damage though.

Michigan has No fault insurance, so many folks don't have much at all, and I hate it when they come down into OH, cause for the most part we have decent laws about insurance. Your insurance co. will probably go after him for more.

Love the pics! I'm glad you're well enough to continue the TR! Any fall travel planned?
Not the driver was from Ohio too. Michigan drivers hitting you is just as bad though. I am surprised how good our insurance is being as of now. But it wasn't my fault either. Even the police report was written wrong and they asked me about it and i told them how it really happened (It says i was sitting at a traffic light ) and they might file something to change it.
I am ready to get back to a bit more normal of a life. I worked all morning and it felt so good. My mind is getting better too where I don't have double check everything 30 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
Jen just caught up again it's a little of the same as the last time I fell behind... :S I promise to stay more current!! Cute photopass pictures with the balloons!!
I hadn't posted too much, so hopefully you didn't get too behind. I need to get this going again or I will be hitting the year mark soon.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #1881
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We started the car shopping. I actually got off my rear and went out to test drive a few yesterday. I told Skip my findings and then he says "Maybe we should just get a brand new car. 2013 need to be cleared out, so that would be wise". Um you don't have to say that twice, so I went online and I found the newer version of my old car (I had a sebring, which is replaced now with the 200) and I told him that this is what I want. I didn't get a commitment, but it was in the same price range of other cars he suggested, so if we go with the a new car, I might as well get something I really like. Of course I need to test drive it and make sure, but it really looked sharp. he also talked about an SUV or crossover ....but those are like almost twice as much as the 200 and I just can't see him paying that much.
Sound logic there!!! I hope you end up with the of your dreams.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #1882
Beth D
DIS Veteran

^^Ditto on the new car! With such sales going on now, how can you resist? YOu can also tell Skip about the air bags, and of course all the maintenance included!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #1883
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Good luck on finding the right car.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #1884
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Sound logic there!!! I hope you end up with the of your dreams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
^^Ditto on the new car! With such sales going on now, how can you resist? YOu can also tell Skip about the air bags, and of course all the maintenance included!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Good luck on finding the right car.
The car hunt is still on. He just can't bring himself to pay the amount of a new car and I found a used car that had a decent price and was pretty much like the new car I picked and he still has issues. you know...because I like it. Why would you buy a car your wife actually likes? Let's just say I am so sick of looking and waiting on him to make up his girly teenage mind!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #1885
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The car hunt is still on. He just can't bring himself to pay the amount of a new car and I found a used car that had a decent price and was pretty much like the new car I picked and he still has issues. you know...because I like it. Why would you buy a car your wife actually likes? Let's just say I am so sick of looking and waiting on him to make up his girly teenage mind!
Oh cmon Skip! Give your wife a break after all she and Paige have been through! Good luck Jen!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:46 AM   #1886
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Oh cmon Skip! Give your wife a break after all she and Paige have been through! Good luck Jen!
I wish. I am so annoyed with the whole thing. And he is changing his mind every 5 minutes. I am not sure why he thinks he gets a choice on the type of car I get. I mean, if he gives me a budget and I stay in it, why should he car?
Old 09-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #1887
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I wish. I am so annoyed with the whole thing. And he is changing his mind every 5 minutes. I am not sure why he thinks he gets a choice on the type of car I get. I mean, if he gives me a budget and I stay in it, why should he car?
Because men are like that...they like to think they have some semblance of control.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #1888
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Because men are like that...they like to think they have some semblance of control.
Oh so true!!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #1889
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I think I need to get a new ticker. I have noticed that my ticker says 210 days...for about a week now. I tried to make a new one yesterday in the same style and then it came up at 163 days till....which is also wrong. I guess I'll have to try a different style.

Last edited by jenseib; 09-02-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #1890
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It was now close to our dinner time. We made an early dinner so we could enjoy the party later that evening. Our destination? The castle!

We got ourselves checked in and entered.

I had debated on doing this again. We have done it twice before and the first time we had excellent food and a great meet experience with Cinderella. We had one of the last reservations of the day and she came over and sat with Claire and visited for a bit. It was truly a magical moment. That was back when they did the show during dinner rather than character meets, but it was still the best experience we have had there. Last time, which was April of 2011, the food was not all that good and it just wasnít as magical. We did have nice meet and greets, but it just wasnít a highlight for me.
When Claire and I talked about where we planned to eat this trip, she mentioned that she must eat at CRT. I tried to talk her out of it, but she wouldnít budge, and luckily I was able to get a reservation at a decent time. This was also one of the reasons we upgraded to deluxe dining. We had a couple of 2 credit meals and it made sense to just have more credits.

The nice thing about this visit is that it had a few Christmas decorations out.

Soon we were called to get in line for Cinderella. I took pictures while we waited.

And our turn!

The photopass photographer asked if I wanted to be in the picture, and I said yes, but I also wanted one snapped of just Claire too. She said no, she could only take 1 picture as that was all that was included. I told her I knew that, but just wanted her to take a picture anyways. She refused and I gave up. I snapped a couple of Claire myself and bowed out of getting one with me.

Now when we got our picture later, I was NOT impressed. Cinderella looks like she is in pain with that smile. I almost was tempted to ask for a retake. Well I am glad I didnít because after seeing my sisters picturesÖ.and she had the same CindyÖ.and a few others posted on the boards with this same CindyÖ.I have found that is how she smiles. In real life she is pretty, but her smile is just not good. I am surprised Disney hasnít either trained her to smile differently or taken her off to do something else. I am sorry if I sound mean, but I thought she looked awful.

After our pictures, we headed up to our table. We had a nice spot next to a window. This was a first for us.

Claire got herself all situated.

She started coloring and our rolls were then served.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: