Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #1996
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge3426
We are going the second week in September. I had already posted my dining reservations on the My Disney Experience page and was hoping for Magic Bands. Last week, we received an overnight letter from Disney telling us that we got to test the new bands. I went on the My Disney Experience to customize our bands and everything was a mess!!!! We had double names on the site. One Midge had dining reservations and the other Midge had room reservations with a Magic Band. I could not fix the problem so I called Disney and they were very nice and fixed things. Sunday, we customized our bands and we received them today. I picked the plain, brown box off of the stoop and it was addressed to my husband. I did not know that it was from Disney because the label did not have a Disney return address. My husband opened up the box and I knew what we had!!!!! My hands were quivering as I opened the inner box and saw our bands. Aren't they just too cool?

MICKEY AND THE GIRLS by midge3426, on Flickr
Glad you got some cool mail from Disney. Did all your FP selections get messed up too?

Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #1997
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofTwinPrincesses View Post
Hopefully that is what will happen. We will be in the parks from September 22-28. I am able to get Wishes fastpass on the same night that we have the Tomorrowland Dessert Party but not on the other nights that we will be in Magic Kingdom (go figure). I don't know if my girls will like Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain or other big rides. Maybe after our first day I can go in and modify to better suit the rides we think they will like.
I think I am just grumpy about not being able to get Fantasmic. I know it will be ok. WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!
A must FP for us is Peter Pan! That line is carazy long. We opted for it and Storytime with Belle (another loooong line) over the Mountains. Splash is our favorite standby line because it is so cool and refreshing once you are inside.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #1998
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post

A must FP for us is Peter Pan! That line is carazy long. We opted for it and Storytime with Belle (another loooong line) over the Mountains. Splash is our favorite standby line because it is so cool and refreshing once you are inside.
This would be my advice. Get FP+ for anything that doesn't have a standard FP since you can double dip, you'll be skipping otherwise unskippable lines using FP+.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #1999
ktdid23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marblies View Post

Peter Pan is down during the time we are going So sad!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #2000
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Not sure if you're still tracking this, but there was another update to the Iphone MDE app this evening.

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 08-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #2001
midge3426
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Glad you got some cool mail from Disney. Did all your FP selections get messed up too?
We are not serious planners, so I did not have any FP plans. I may go in and make some selections, but that may be too much planning for my family.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #2002
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi the Chihuahua View Post
I called IT tonight on this issue. She told me to delete the app and the reinstall it. It didn't work. My tickets are still not showing up on the app.

That is what they told me last week too, that I need to put the new app version. I told them it was already running version 1.4. I uninstalled and reinstalled, still didn't work. They said they would look into it and get back to me. It has been over a week with no updates so looks like I have to call yet again. You would think it would be easy for them to just add the info to the app since it is showing up properly on the website.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #2003
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
The tickets not showing in the app do not seem to effect anything. Mine just show on the website MDE, and I've had no problems making FP+ selections etc. so I wouldn't worry too much about it if they show on the site.
Your right, I think everything should be good by only using the website. Just wondering how the app will function with things such as changing FP times. Do your FP+ reservations show up in your app, or because it doesn't have the tickets in the app, it wont show or allow you to change FP+ times.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #2004
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

I just downloaded the update, i saw everything except for the tickets as well. I'm not within my 60 day window yet though...not sure if that has any bearing on the matter. I did see some tickets from a previous trip that would now be outdated though...LOL

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 08-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #2005
wn01aa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Not sure if you're still tracking this, but there was another update to the Iphone MDE app this evening.

Darn. I thought this might be the fix to my tickets showing up on the website, but not on the app, but it still doesn't show up.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #2006
MommelissaB
Earning My Ears

I'm insanely excited for the new MB and FP+ options. I'm not convinced it will be a better experience, but I'm ready to give it a whirl. i appreciate the pictures of the MBs because the colors seem different in a lot of the photos I've been seeing. Sometimes the bands in the photos seem really brightly colored and sometimes they're lighter/duller. I'm trying to decide what color I want so I can convince my family to pick different ones than my favorite.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #2007
Rainy29
Earning My Ears

Has anyone had a split stay and gotten their tickets a day early with the magicbands yet? Is it easy to do or our tickets going to end up separate. Just wondering if anyone has done this yet. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2013, 04:15 AM   #2008
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post

I know right?! It's so exciting. I just really, really hope we can try out the magic bands by November. I think planning times in advance might be good for us- we won't be all stressed trying to get Fast Passes on the day then!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I'm going November and hoping for magic bands at pofq
Old 08-28-2013, 05:20 AM   #2009
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdid23 View Post
Peter Pan is down during the time we are going So sad!
Bummer.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Old 08-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #2010
GillianP1301
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy29
Has anyone had a split stay and gotten their tickets a day early with the magicbands yet? Is it easy to do or our tickets going to end up separate. Just wondering if anyone has done this yet. Thanks!
Not sure if this will help, I did a split stay offsite then on site (currently on day 2 of onsite). I had my tickets already though, from UT. I was able to link those tickets a couple weeks before arriving and customise my band. I used the paper tickets for the off site days with no problem and my bands were at resort for me and working fine with the linked tickets yesterday.

The only issue I'm having is I can't change any of my FP+ selections on the app for some reason. I could do so at the in park kiosk yesterday and concierge was able to do changes last night for me. He thinks it has something to do with me having a gap in my park days between when I was off site and yesterday.
Caribbean Beach Resort - Aug 2012 - First visit with DS4
Disneyland - 2003 - Solo business trip
WDW Offsite - 1997 - 5th Anniversary
WDW Offsite - 1992 - Honeymooon
WDW Offsite - 1986 - First WDW trip
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: