Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #2701
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer
 
Mike&AllisMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerTrigger View Post
I don't know if it will help much as this sketch was done for an 8" cake, but this was an idea I sketched for a Cinderella themed cake. I was never 100% on the writing on top, but I like the rest. The ribbon work was inspired by one of the standard wedding cake designs. The 3D topper was intended to be the white choc. Cinderella, but this could be scaled back to a smaller 2D version for the mini-wedding cake. The castle portion back drop would have been either white chocolate or gumpaste/pastillage.

Beautiful!!! This would be great for my daughter
__________________
________________________________

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Wilderness Lodge 12/25 - 12/26, Grand Floridian CL 12/26 - 1/5/2015

Mike&AllisMom is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #2702
olivasmommy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 18

I was thinking of doing a mini cake for my daughter's 8th birthday. She wants to do dinner at Olivia's (that is her name and she thinks it would be neat to eat at a restaurant with her name). Do I call the broadwalk to order? I think I do I just wanted to be sure'. Thank you so much
__________________
olivasmommy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-26-2013, 01:54 AM   #2703
Iloveyoumost
Mouseketeer
 
Iloveyoumost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
This is Aurora, of course, but it could easily be changed to any other princess. I've been considering asking for this with Snow White for my DD.



I don't know whose cake it was. I found it via a Google search.
I love this! I wonder how much it would cost to do this? I'm going to have to save this idea for later.
Iloveyoumost is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 02:02 AM   #2704
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!
 
jcemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: too far from WDW
Posts: 8,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveyoumost View Post
I love this! I wonder how much it would cost to do this? I'm going to have to save this idea for later.
When I saved the picture I noted GF Bakery $50. I don't know WHEN it was made though.
__________________
Tracey


* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline  
Old 08-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #2705
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktdid23 View Post
Does anyone have any photos of a Cinderella themed cake? I need to order a cake for my daughter's 3rd birthday and she requested Cinderella. I was thinking a mini 2-tiered cake, preferably with Cinderella on there somehow. Any ideas?
If you google Disney Cinderella Cake so many photos come up that you can gather some inspiration from. Any chance you're dining at Cinderella's Royal Table? There is a special "Her Royal Highness" package that you can order that comes with a Princess Cake (choices are Cinderella, Belle, Tiana and Aurora and Ariel) it also comes with a Princess Balloon and a Crystal Tiara. The package is $112.05 including tax and gratuity. It's only available at CRT though.
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:43 AM   #2706
Iloveyoumost
Mouseketeer
 
Iloveyoumost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 100

Bringing your own candles?

We are not going until next year but we plan to do a mini cake and a glass slipper dessert. I found the most adorable little tiara candles and some that are shaped like Cinderella's castle at a local party store.
Can I bring my own candles? They are really small so I don't think I'd have a problem with the size. If so I am going to buy them and save them for our trip!
Iloveyoumost is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #2707
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveyoumost View Post
We are not going until next year but we plan to do a mini cake and a glass slipper dessert. I found the most adorable little tiara candles and some that are shaped like Cinderella's castle at a local party store.
Can I bring my own candles? They are really small so I don't think I'd have a problem with the size. If so I am going to buy them and save them for our trip!
Yes, just give them to your waiter when you arrive at your reservation
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #2708
ktdid23
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
If you google Disney Cinderella Cake so many photos come up that you can gather some inspiration from. Any chance you're dining at Cinderella's Royal Table? There is a special "Her Royal Highness" package that you can order that comes with a Princess Cake (choices are Cinderella, Belle, Tiana and Aurora and Ariel) it also comes with a Princess Balloon and a Crystal Tiara. The package is $112.05 including tax and gratuity. It's only available at CRT though.
Ah, not doing CRT but this would have been a great idea!
__________________




POP Century - October 2013
ktdid23 is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #2709
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Ariel View Post
Has anyone here tried the caramel milk chocolate mousse or the peanut butter cream cheese fillings? We are going to get a chocolate cake with white buttercream under the fondant, but we are having a hard time deciding on the filling.

TIA!
The peanut butter mousse is very tangy/cream cheese-y—I'm not a huge fan cuz I prefer peanut butter buttercream frosting, but if that's your thing, you'll love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivasmommy View Post
I was thinking of doing a mini cake for my daughter's 8th birthday. She wants to do dinner at Olivia's (that is her name and she thinks it would be neat to eat at a restaurant with her name). Do I call the broadwalk to order? I think I do I just wanted to be sure'. Thank you so much
No, you need to order it from Old Key West, and they will contact BoardWalk Bakery to place the order. If you call BoardWalk Bakery directly, they will tell you they don't deliver to OKW. Post #2 lists phone numbers by location.
lurkyloo is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #2710
olivasmommy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 18

Thank you so much!!!!!!!! :-)
__________________
olivasmommy is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #2711
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran
 
Woodmnky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,131

A potentially silly question. I am trying to come up with ideas for a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake. I don't want fodant and am trying to keep the costs down. I was thinking of asking for a 2D white chocolate cut out of the Clubhouse and another of the characters. If I ask for these, is this all that will be on the cake? Most cakes I have seen some some other little decorations (flowers, rocks, grass, trees, ect) - Do you have to specify what you would like as far as these little decorations goes?

I have no idea what I want except for the clubhouse & characters, but I don't want the cake to look plain.
Woodmnky is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #2712
4bananas
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 55

I have LOVED looking at this thread for all of the cake ideas. My husband and I are going to WDW next month to celebrate our honeymoon (even though it's closer to our first anniversary).

I would like to "replicate" our *very simple* wedding cake as part of an early-anniversary dinner as a 2-tier mini wedding cake on the last night of our trip.

In the original cake, we had faux autumn leaves around the edge and on the top, but obviously these will be too big for a mini-cake so I was planning on leaving them off. The 2-tier cake was just white frosting, with red frosting piped around the bottom, with orange and brown frosting swirls. We had a simple silver initial topper.

Does anyone with more experience ordering Cakes from Disney have any idea about what they could come up with as a replacement for a topper/design on the top 2-tier wedding cake. I have seen a lot of piped flowers, and I don't think that's what I want. I'd like to stick with the original autumn/harvest theme for our wedding.... or do you think I should give the pastry chef creative license?

Thanks!
4bananas is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #2713
Susiec
Mouseketeer
 
Susiec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bananas View Post
I have LOVED looking at this thread for all of the cake ideas. My husband and I are going to WDW next month to celebrate our honeymoon (even though it's closer to our first anniversary).

I would like to "replicate" our *very simple* wedding cake as part of an early-anniversary dinner as a 2-tier mini wedding cake on the last night of our trip.

In the original cake, we had faux autumn leaves around the edge and on the top, but obviously these will be too big for a mini-cake so I was planning on leaving them off. The 2-tier cake was just white frosting, with red frosting piped around the bottom, with orange and brown frosting swirls. We had a simple silver initial topper.

Does anyone with more experience ordering Cakes from Disney have any idea about what they could come up with as a replacement for a topper/design on the top 2-tier wedding cake. I have seen a lot of piped flowers, and I don't think that's what I want. I'd like to stick with the original autumn/harvest theme for our wedding.... or do you think I should give the pastry chef creative license?

Thanks!
The could easily do a white cho letter for a topper
__________________
Past Trips:
10/2013


Susiec is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #2714
4bananas
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiec View Post
The could easily do a white cho letter for a topper
That is a great idea! Now I just have to make flavor/filling choices.

Too many choices!
4bananas is offline  
Old 08-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #2715
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???
 
Conservative Hippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NE Polk County, FL
Posts: 6,449

Trying to decide if I should get a custom cake for DD's 6th birthday at Akershus, or just a podium cake. There will be 7 of us, and we can bring a cooler bag to carry leftovers.
__________________
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: