Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #691
tchip827
Earning My Ears

Boardwalk Studio Villa room request

I booked a Studio room in a Boardwalk villa renting points from a DVC member for the first time. I read on here a ton of issues with the location of people's rooms. I read about long walks to the room, long elevator waits, noisy rooms, bad views. So I was wondering if anyone can recommend a room location I should request upon check-in.
I would like a room with a decent view (rented a standard view room), and in a good location (not a far walk, centrally located). Any suggestions?
Old 08-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #692
Nanajo1
DIS Veteran

If you are able there are many stairwells in the resort which cut the long hallways down. DH usually takes the stairs.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Offsite 5/78,CR 11/85,BWV 3/99,OKW 11/99, BWV 3/01,OKW 11/01, BWV 3/02, BWV 1/03, OKW 11/03, BWV 2/04, BWV 11/04, BWV 2/05, OKW 11/05, BWV 2/06, AKL 11/06, BWV 11/06, BWV 02/07,OKW 11/07, BWV 02/08, BWV 11/08, BWV 02/09, BWV 11/09,VWL 01/10,OKW 02/10,BWV 11/10, AKV 11/10,BLT 03/11,OKW 03/11,BWV 11/11,AKL 02/12,BWV 03/12, BWV 11/12,OKW 02/13,AKL 03/13, BWV 11/13,OKW 11/13, OKW 02/14,AKLK 03/14, OKW 10/14,BWV 10/14
[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][img]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/1l5laeked1k6rb
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #693
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
we had the snack, counter and sitdown meal ( i don't know which meal plan that is) but it included the mug and we went to the Bakery to pick it up.

also..just for your interest, here is a picture of a cake the Boardwalk bakery did for the Cars themed shower..it was amazing
That is such an adorable cake! I hope it tasted as amazing as it looked. Yes, that's the dining plan we have - the standard one. When you went to the Bakery to pick up your mugs, do you show them anything? Your KTTW card?

Old 08-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #694
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
We have always just gone into BW Bakery asked for mugs and they will credit them from your KTTW card or I guess MB if they are in use by your trip
But they're supposed to be included in your DDP so how do they know not to charge you?

Old 08-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #695
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejsparrow View Post
Hello there! I'm new to the BWI thread, and I've already gotten a lot of information from you all!

My question is, what do you think of BWI as a honeymoon resort? We are torn between BC and BWI. We have stayed at BC before and loved it, but we are not thrilled about not being guaranteed a balcony. We spent some time at the Boardwalk this past trip and really fell in love with it. Being close to Epcot is important to that, and we know we would get that at either resort.

Any pros or cons to BWI as a honeymoon resort would be very much appreciated!
I think between the two I would definitely pick the BW. The BC is nice, but it seems much more hectic and less relaxing or romantic. Personally (if budget allowed), between all the Deluxes, I would recommend the BW, Poly, and GF as the best honeymoon resorts.

Ps -- congrats!!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #696
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any idea if and when BWI might be included in the magicbands/FP+?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #697
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Does anyone have any idea if and when BWI might be included in the magicbands/FP+?
My dad and step mom are AP holders and can pick their FP+ choices now for the October trip. They haven't because we are not eligible and we are going to tour together. They were not invited - it just showed up on their MDE home page.

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
Old 08-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #698
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614

My dad and step mom are AP holders and can pick their FP+ choices now for the October trip. They haven't because we are not eligible and we are going to tour together. They were not invited - it just showed up on their MDE home page.
Wait, are they staying at the Boardwalk? I thought it wasn't part of the trial. We are staying in the weeks, are AP holders and I've checked my MDE and it didn't show up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Old 08-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #699
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
But they're supposed to be included in your DDP so how do they know not to charge you?
If your plan includes it (and you can confirm when you check in), the mug credit will be included on your card (or band when we get those). So when you first buy the mug, just tell the cashier you're getting it on your plan, and they'll know what to do.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #700
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
If your plan includes it (and you can confirm when you check in), the mug credit will be included on your card (or band when we get those). So when you first buy the mug, just tell the cashier you're getting it on your plan, and they'll know what to do.
Ok great. Thanks so much! As far as the MyMagic+/MagicBands go, I spoke to a CM the other day online and she said that they will email you or mail you in order to notify you if you have been selected for the test. Just wanted to let everyone know that.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #701
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Hello there! I'm new to the BWI thread, and I've already gotten a lot of information from you all!

My question is, what do you think of BWI as a honeymoon resort? We are torn between BC and BWI. We have stayed at BC before and loved it, but we are not thrilled about not being guaranteed a balcony. We spent some time at the Boardwalk this past trip and really fell in love with it. Being close to Epcot is important to that, and we know we would get that at either resort.

Any pros or cons to BWI as a honeymoon resort would be very much appreciated!
to the thread!

Between BC and BWI, I think that a Garden Cottage would be perfect for your honeymoon. There are many photos HERE and HERE on the first page.

Quote:
we were there this weekend and had the new mugs. One thing, you pay the same amount for 4 days as you do for 10 or 20 days...I think that seems unfair. BUT...when they activated our mug, I asked "is that 2 days" and the answer I was given was "well..it just works for now..they haven't implemented the cut off portion"

I would buy 1 day!
Just so everyone knows, this is the price structure:

$8.99 for 1 day
$11.99 for 2 days
$14.99 for 3 days
$17.99 for length of stay (4+ days)

The mugs can only be used for up to 14 consecutive days after activation.

Quote:
also..just for your interest, here is a picture of a cake the Boardwalk bakery did for the Cars themed shower..it was amazing
Thank you for posting your beautiful Cars cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchip827 View Post
I booked a Studio room in a Boardwalk villa renting points from a DVC member for the first time. I read on here a ton of issues with the location of people's rooms. I read about long walks to the room, long elevator waits, noisy rooms, bad views. So I was wondering if anyone can recommend a room location I should request upon check-in.
I would like a room with a decent view (rented a standard view room), and in a good location (not a far walk, centrally located). Any suggestions?
to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread, tchip827! Hopefully, one of our DVC room location experts will help you soon.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #702
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

Thank you WDWKOOK and psac for the info!
WDW Commando Member #165

Old 08-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #703
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thank you WDWKOOK and psac for the info!
You're welcome and happy planning!
Old 08-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #704
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Wait, are they staying at the Boardwalk? I thought it wasn't part of the trial. We are staying in the weeks, are AP holders and I've checked my MDE and it didn't show up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
They are staying BWV BUT they are stayed at POP last week. Our homegrown theory is that because of that stay it is allowing them to use MagicBands and FPP for BWV in October. More of a glitch fluke luck kind of thing!

[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
Old 08-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #705
tsme
DIS Veteran

Just a little info: I emailed our IPO at BWI asking about magicbands for our stay in Sept. & was informed (as of now) for those dates BWI is NOT included in the testing. Shucks! I like the idea of the bands, seems like it'll be easier to just tap & pass your wrist under something & da-da you're in the park or room, or you've purchased something etc. Oh, well next time
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: