Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 01:33 AM   #31
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

I am a grandma who stayed in connecting rooms at POFQ with DD and 3 grandchildren. When we returned from lunch my DD noticed that her DD3's blankie, princess and stuffed animal were missing from the bed. We are the strange people who neatly make our beds and arrange the kiddos sleeping buddies on their beds. No beds were changed or straightened by maids, only bathroom towels were changed out. We only stayed one night as we were moving to SSR, so we were not unpacked or disarrayed.

We were only out of the room a little over an hour and we could not find the items any where. DD quickly went to every maid in sight and asked. We called the front desk, visited every laundry cart. Nothing. We made a plea at the front desk for them to call the laundry. No success.

It was the oddest event in our multiple trips. We really tried not to exaggerate the importance of items that were missing because they were just "things" but we were on that trip to ease the pain of separation for the family as DSIL was on the 4th (or was it 5th?) long deployment in just a few years.

It took us a few hours to find replacements, which my sweet DD said would be just fine. I don't know who looked sadder at bedtime, my DD or DG3 as they tried not to cry.

We were reimbursed for the items we replaced. That was a lot of heartache for a little girl just because of someone's carelessness...or worse.
Junebugwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #32
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

I will be taking belle and beast along with Duffy captain mickey and cruise director Minnie with me and they are staying on the unused bed. My beast was given to me by my late father and sister. So it's like they are with me.
2013 WDW Royal Guest @Port Orleans Riverside. 2012WDW @ Royal Guest Port Orleans Riverside Disney Cruise line The Fantasy. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French Quarter. 2002 WDW Port Orleans Riverside, Disney cruise line The Wonder.2007 Disneyland@ The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise Hotel. 2000 Disneyland @ The Disneyland Hotel. 1999 1998,1996 Disneyland off sight hotels.
A proud Disney Stockholder
A Proud Seahawk Fan 2014 Super bowl Champions
A Seattle Mariner fan

Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2013, 04:48 AM   #33
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmia
Yep that's what happened to my daughters Elmo at Disney back in 2007. Left it on the bed and must of gotten wrapped up in the sheets. It was never found. We ordered her another one and when it came we pretended like they found it and sent it to us. She could tell it wasn't her original one. And when we go in 20 Days for our sons 5th Bday we will be putting his Simba away everyday. This one can not be replaced. He's actually a stuffed lion cub from pottery barn kids that he calls Simba.
I think it was your original post that I read. I am sorry that happened to your daughter (years ago) but I am glad that you posted your story.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:21 AM   #34
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

We left our DD's Banana Bunny at BC early this month. Tangled in the sheets we assumed. Luckily we had taken pics of Banana on the day bed with some other stuffies. Several calls to lost and found, a week if searching, emails with pics, paid off. Banana came back to us thanks to Malinda at BC

I would not risk it again. Leave the special ones home
Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #35
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

This thread brought a tear to my eye. When my son was born my mom put a little bear in his bassinet only minutes after his birth. For his 1st 4 years of life his "bear" went everywhere with him. I was actually a bit worried he would never grow out of "bear" it was so bad we couldn't even throw "bear" in the laundry. One night my mother took the bear (at the time I lived w/my parents) to the laundry down the hall. The next day my son was hysterical crying for "bear" oh man we searched the laundry room, the apt, but he was gone. Must have fallen out somewhere and was picked up. I think losing bear affected me more than him in the long run. But, I say if you take it just be sure to put him away every night
momofboyz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #36
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDan523 View Post
DW in her younger days lost her Baloo the Bear. She and her parents went to the front desk to report the loss and the front desk agent didn't seem to know who Baloo was. Baloo was never found.

DW still brings the elephant she received for her 9th birthday (Elmer turned 21 years old this year, and he's still a good elephant) as he makes a good neck pillow. Number one rule is NEVER leave your friends in a bed that has been slept in. We always left Elmer either on the unused bed (going with a king bed this time, the Pop beds are small) or on the chair. Five out of the seven nights we returned to the room to find Elmer posed somewhere prominent, either watching Stacey or having a stare-down with a towel animal.
There are others like me???? LOL

I have a stuffed elephant that I received in the hospital when I was born, 35 years ago. Her name is Ellie. I still sleep with her too, and DH is ok with that.

Also, I agree with the others to make sure to clean off your beds. Our DD6 has a blanket that she has had since she was in a crib. My mom made it for her and it cannot be replaced. She carries that thing all through the house and sometimes into the car when running errands. She could absolutely NOT sleep without it so its not an option to leave it behind for a 10-11 day stretch....so, I am super anal about grabbing it off of the bed in the morning and tossing it in the suitcase until we return to the room.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: