Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Sleepy Hollow for breakfast - Are the waffles worth it?

Thinking of doing EMH at the MK and catching a CS breakfast in the park. I've heard lots of good things about the waffles at Sleepy Hollow but is it worth it? Any better than the Mickey waffles you get anywhere else? And do they serve any other breakfast items? If you think SH isn't the best option for breakfast where would you recommend for a CS breakfast in MK?

Last edited by DannyDisneyFreak; 08-26-2013 at 06:27 PM.
DannyDisneyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I can't tell if you are looking for Mickey waffles specifically, but the waffles at Sleepy Hollow are not Mickey waffles.

You can't use a CS on the dining plan at Sleepy Hollow. You can use a snack credit for a plain or cinnamon/sugar waffle. You can't use a snack credit for the waffle with strawberry sauce or any of the waffle sandwiches.

They don't serve any other breakfast items.
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure what you mean by "worth the walk" since you say you are planning on being in the MK anyway. Sleepy Hollow is located almost exactly in the center of the park so it isn't a long walk from anywhere.

As the PP said, the waffles are just standard waffles...not Mickeys. We really like the one with the fruit and Nutella for breakfast.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
DannyDisneyFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "worth the walk" since you say you are planning on being in the MK anyway. Sleepy Hollow is located almost exactly in the center of the park so it isn't a long walk from anywhere.

As the PP said, the waffles are just standard waffles...not Mickeys. We really like the one with the fruit and Nutella for breakfast.
I didn't say anything about a walk, I just meant are they worth going there specifically for them. I didn't ask if they were Mickeys I wanted to know about the taste/quality, are they any better than food court Mickey waffles? I really love Nutella so I bet I would like them or the fruit. I was just trying to plan if we should go there or stop at the bakery for breakfast?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
molliewalks
Mouseketeer

The waffles there are fantastic. The fruit nutella waffle is served only after 11am though. I thought that was weird since it's fruit, would make it on breakfast, but nope, not until lunch!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
molliewalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliewalks View Post
The waffles there are fantastic. The fruit nutella waffle is served only after 11am though. I thought that was weird since it's fruit, would make it on breakfast, but nope, not until lunch!!

That's strange, they were served before 11am last year as hubby and I split one of those delicious creations for breakfast after MK rope drop.

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDisneyFreak View Post
I didn't say anything about a walk, I just meant are they worth going there specifically for them. I didn't ask if they were Mickeys I wanted to know about the taste/quality, are they any better than food court Mickey waffles? I really love Nutella so I bet I would like them or the fruit. I was just trying to plan if we should go there or stop at the bakery for breakfast?
The title of your post is "Sleepy Hollow for breakfast - Are the waffles worth the walk?"
Old 08-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We have gotten them before 11 each time we have had them. We are usually there around 9:00/9:30.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #9
katiee37
DIS Veteran

I am SO excited to try the Nutella waffle on my next trip! It may not be Mickey, but it's Nutella, a close second!
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #10
molliewalks
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We have gotten them before 11 each time we have had them. We are usually there around 9:00/9:30.
We were there last week. On the menu it has it posted 'available after 11'. We asked and one of the cm's said the same. Maybe something new, something that's supposed to be but isn't unless you get the right cm? Who knows, i just know i had to wait till after 11 to get mine totally worth the wait!! I now make them at home, eating one now actually. Not as good, but great memories tied to it!!

Old 08-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
minniesbiggiestfan
Mouseketeer

Can you get the waffles in the evening? I won't be able to have them (gluten free) but my family can. Ill just pop over and have a dole whip. Lol

Me
Dh
Ds (11)
Dd (8)
minniesbiggiestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #12
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were there last week. On the menu it has it posted 'available after 11'. We asked and one of the cm's said the same. Maybe something new, something that's supposed to be but isn't unless you get the right cm? Who knows, i just know i had to wait till after 11 to get mine totally worth the wait!! I now make them at home, eating one now actually. Not as good, but great memories tied to it!!

The more sandwich-type waffles (prosciutto, chicken, etc.) have always been available after 11 but the breakfast waffle and the fruit/Nutella versions are available earlier. This is the same menu that was there in July...
http://i1.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-cont...ollow-Menu.jpg
I hope nothing has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniesbiggiestfan View Post
Can you get the waffles in the evening? I won't be able to have them (gluten free) but my family can. Ill just pop over and have a dole whip. Lol
I believe they are available until 5:00.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #13
molliewalks
Mouseketeer

Oh no!! I totally read the menu wrong then!! Oops, sorry glad you cleared it up though!! Same menu, wonder why I was told couldn't get it till after 11?

Old 08-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
DannyDisneyFreak

Quote:

The title of your post is "Sleepy Hollow for breakfast - Are the waffles worth the walk?"
Oops well just meant worth getting, not sure why I put walk???
Old 08-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
crystaltink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh no!! I totally read the menu wrong then!! Oops, sorry glad you cleared it up though!! Same menu, wonder why I was told couldn't get it till after 11?

My Disney Dining iphone app shows the Nutella waffle being available after 11am as well. But, the app is in dire need of an update too. So happy that I can get the Nutella waffle for breakfast, great news!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: