Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #61
mom2my3kids
Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

There are peoples mindset you are not going to change PERIOD..But that is where the good tippers come in And trust me us servers remember everything.. I am very good at remembering peoples faces and tips..

Dec 14-20th 2013
Daytona/Universal/MNSSHP Sept 2011
Sept 2009 8 nights Pop Century
Sept 22nd-Sept 30th 2007 POP
October 2006, OKW,POP 6 night trip..
Old 08-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #62
lizzi6692
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post
I disagree if the customer goes in willing to pay for the price of the meal and the tip originally but now finds the price is just for the meal why would they be upset? If i think the meal is too expensive i wont order it i will order something else but at least i am not obligated to pay the waitress to bring it to me. I dont think people will stop eating out if this practice changes.
But you are paying her to bring it to you. Whether it's rolled into the cost or via a tip. Either way you're paying her wages. Just like you're paying the cook's wages that are already part of the cost of your meal.

Previous Trips:
September 2010: Caribbean Beach
May 2011: Coronado Springs
December 2011: Pop Century
Next Trip:
December 2013: Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #63
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2my3kids View Post
LMAO yeah okay you go right ahead..
I waited tables for years and was a bartender they are not that difficult of jobs...yes they can be stressful dealing with the public and it is a lot of walking back and forth but not really worth 20 bucks or more an hour they get if u factor in tips.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #64
mom2my3kids
Doesn't believe in the Tag Fairy

[QUOTE=nikkyluvsmickey;49390027]I waited tables for years and was a bartender they are not that difficult of jobs...yes they can be stressful dealing with the public and it is a lot of walking back and forth but not really worth 20 bucks or more an hour they get if u factor in tips.[/QUOTE

if my server makes twenty bucks a hour good for them, that means they provided excellent service and their customers thought that..But I have never made twenty a hour but its because I work at a breakfast place..

Dec 14-20th 2013
Daytona/Universal/MNSSHP Sept 2011
Sept 2009 8 nights Pop Century
Sept 22nd-Sept 30th 2007 POP
October 2006, OKW,POP 6 night trip..
Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #65
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mom2my3kids;49390042]
Quote:
I waited tables for years and was a bartender they are not that difficult of jobs...yes they can be stressful dealing with the public and it is a lot of walking back and forth but not really worth 20 bucks or more an hour they get if u factor in tips.[/QUOTE

if my server makes twenty bucks a hour good for them, that means they provided excellent service and their customers thought that..But I have never made twenty a hour but its because I work at a breakfast place..
I was thinking more lunch or dinner time if they have three or four tables in an hour each leaves 4-5 bucks thats 20 bucks an hour. I am sorry you work breakfast hours and dont average that much.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #66
icc2515
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know i am gonna get flamed for this but i really dont feel i should let the amount of my meal decide how much i should be obliged to leave the waitstaff. maybe because the cost of my meal does not reflect on the service i received. It took the waitress the same effort to bring me a 10 dollar meal as it did to bring a 100 dollar one. Does anyone agree with me?
100% correct. I see nothing wrong with leaving more than 20% for great service. If I sit down at a table and order a pop and an appetizer then get a couple of refills on the pop I have taken just as much of that persons time as a guest that has ordered a full meal. So, if the service was good, I would leave $10 on a $20 ticket.

I think everyone else misunderstood you. That's what you were talking about, right?
Old 08-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #67
icc2515
Mouseketeer

Deleted

Last edited by icc2515; 08-26-2013 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Double post, deleted
Old 08-26-2013, 07:19 AM   #68
markmcalear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolonLabe View Post

Order cheaper food then.

"average hourly wage"? Where? That doesn't even make any sense.

If you can't afford to tip, eat somewhere else. Stop stealing from the waitstaff.
I dont think it has anything to do with my ability to afford to tip. By average hourly wage I meant the average that people earn in an hour. Here for example the average wage is about £22k per year and most people work about 35 hours per week which equates to a little over £12 per hour.

My family and I regularly eat out and our bill is roughly £150, by your reasoning I would tip almost £30 which is more than double the average hourly wage. Again, madness!!!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #69
markmcalear
Mouseketeer

I think the main point here is that how waiting staff in USA are paid is massively flawed and is wildly different to many other parts of the world

Old 08-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #70
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

This thread is closed and referred to the Restaurant Board's Tipping Information Thread for information on the policy regarding tipping/gratuity discussion on the Restaurant boards.

First post has all the info.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300858

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: