Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #31
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayBells View Post
Too me at least it's more comfortable. I don't do it to hide anything for me it's basically like wearing a long tank top. It's more comfortable and I need the shorts for the pockets. I am not a purse carrying person.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
So you are wearing very short dresses, like mini dresses? Otherwise if it is a knee length or longer dress you are pulling it up to your waist to get into the pockets of your shorts? I think that is what he is visualizing, a maxi dress with shorts. Some shorts are bulkier than others.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #32
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsquared View Post
Like another said bicycle shorts being worn as regular shorts is like a guy wearing a speedo as regular shorts... Scary and not appropriate for Disney.

Spandex shorts as regular shorts IS the trend in Florida. Also high waisted jean shorts with a bikini cut. I don't like the jean short look and we kept seeing this over and over at BG last week. My daughter and her friends do wear Nike Pro's EVERYWHERE. To Disney, to the mall, cruise ships, etc. The girls in Florida live in them (Cheerleaders, softball players, vollleyball players, etc.) I think girls who are not even on a sports team are starting to wear them too. I know Justice started carrying their own version.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #33
Snooks23
Mouseketeer

I bought some black fila bike shorts from Kohls. They were amazing. So comfortable. I love them.
Snooks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #34
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I've wondered about wearing dresses. Why do some of your wear both shorts and dresses though? Couldn't you just wear the shorts? (And I don't mean the spandex things!)

I'm curious because I might want to wear a summer dress myself sometime.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #35
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobright View Post
Just speaking as the average guy behind you in line for Space Mountain...

How bout you just go with whatever's comfortable. Don't worry about us, we're fine either way. In fact, don't feel pressured to wear anything under there at all. I can speak for most of the guys behind you in Space Mountain when I say, being flashed is not the end of the world, we're tough, we can take it.

Oh and by the way ... When you going?
Hahaha this cracked me up

Next Disney Vacation in the works!

Current PTR: We must return to the magic!
Surfinpiratee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #36
ArielSparrow
From Fins to Fila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl
I've wondered about wearing dresses. Why do some of your wear both shorts and dresses though? Couldn't you just wear the shorts? (And I don't mean the spandex things!)

I wear dresses because they are cute. I wear shorts for modesty. Call me old fashioned.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #37
ashley23
Party girl

I always wear dresses, and rarely wear underwear, and I don't think I've ever flashed anyone in the Space Mountain line. At what point is this a concern?
ashley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #38
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley23 View Post
I always wear dresses, and rarely wear underwear, and I don't think I've ever flashed anyone in the Space Mountain line. At what point is this a concern?
Wait... you wear dresses and go commando? That's actually a sanitary issue on rides.

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #39
MataHari22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AThrillingChase View Post
It is just more comfortable. The shorts being recommended here, are probably not appropriate to walk around in all day by themselves. Generally thin material, tight. They are mostly used when exercising, not when running around all day with toddlers It is much more airy and comfortable to wear thin shorts with a flowy dress over, than thick jean shorts. Comfort wise, probably comparable to...men's boxer shorts
I recently had two female type surgeries in three weeks, and cannot wear anything tight, so I have been wearing skirts and dresss with men's boxer shorts. You cannot imagine how comfy and cool it is compared to anything else. I'm not sure I will want to go back to my Victorias Secret stuff again. I am thinking of bringing a skirt and dress with me to wear in the parks. Also have baggier shorts. Had to get men's 28" waist shorts to have room in the rise for me. Going to try and wear the shorts around home, and see if they bother me, and if I should just stick to my skirts and dresses instead. So comfy.

Last edited by MataHari22; 08-26-2013 at 01:21 AM.
MataHari22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:57 AM   #40
ashley23
Party girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0quirkygirl0o View Post
Wait... you wear dresses and go commando? That's actually a sanitary issue on rides.
How are you riding rides? I think you are doing it wrong.
ashley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #41
brockash
DIS Veteran

Wow I'm pretty surprised that ppl actually where dresses to Disney parks with nothing underneath...and I agree with the sanitary issue. Yuck
Old 08-26-2013, 02:29 AM   #42
cobright
DIS Veteran

Umm ... If your dress is still on and your bits are touching things, there's either something wrong with your dress or something dreadfully wrong with your bits.

I mean, most of us are pretty naked under our clothes.

I think I'm missing something. Someone put up a picture of this sanitary hazard!
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #43
Punzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobright View Post
Just speaking as the average guy behind you in line for Space Mountain...

How bout you just go with whatever's comfortable. Don't worry about us, we're fine either way. In fact, don't feel pressured to wear anything under there at all. I can speak for most of the guys behind you in Space Mountain when I say, being flashed is not the end of the world, we're tough, we can take it.

Oh and by the way ... When you going?
AAaand...Under skirt short sales just skyrocketed

i bought some Fila wicking shorts to wear . I usually wear leggings or something anyway because of chasing small kids around anytime I wear skirts or dresses but i loved these ! Tried them out with a dress last week and I think ill prob get more just for around here. I wear spanx sometimes too with dresses - then leggings over but I may lose that combo and just do the wicking shorts.
Punzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:41 AM   #44
Punzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooks23 View Post
I bought some black fila bike shorts from Kohls. They were amazing. So comfortable. I love them.
I think we must have bought the same ones . They're great. The tek gear ones are nice too.
Punzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #45
glamfish500
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post

I wear dresses because they are more comfortable. Even with little stretchy shorts on underneath I'm am cooler. I also feel less restricted in a dress than shorts...especially after a day of eating on the deluxe dining plan. :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: