Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #16
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

Boma for us too!!!!! We love everything there. I especially love the omlet station. We usually try to end our trip at Boma breakfast. Give it a try!!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #17
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

Fyi

Garden Grove no longer has buffets...

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
ali in wonderland
Mouseketeer

We loved Tusker House. Great character interaction. The Jungle Juice is so delicious. Big variety at the buffet.
ali in wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #19
KYDisneyDad
Mouseketeer

Ditto for Kona ..... Love the Samoan

For a buffet , we love Tusker House. It is noisy and crowded but the food is a step above the normal breakfast fare on property, and there is excellent character interaction...
KYDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #20
Robert P
GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a time

Fresh at the Dolphin. Eggs and omelets however you want them. Also, the fresh juice and granola parfaits.
01/04 - CBR, AKL: 9/04 - POP, BCV, POR: 10/04 - BCV, (offsite-Radisson-yuck!):
11/05 - Dolphin, BCV, BWV: 10/06 - BCV: 11/06 - Dolphin, BCV:
07/07 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari- AOK!) 11/07 - BCV, Dolphin:
04/08 - Dolphin, BWV: 08/08 - POP, WL: 10/08 - BCV, Swan:
09/09 - Dolphin, (offsite-Sheraton Safari): 11/09 - Swan, BCV 10/10 - Dolphin, BCV

Robert P's April 2008 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1791298
Robert P's Fall 2007 Dining Reviews: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1630586
Robert P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:41 AM   #21
SpectroMagic*o*
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Kona

SpectroMagic*o* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #22
poohnpigletCA
DIS Veteran

Can you use a sit down credit on Kona for breakfast? And if so what would it be coffee or juice and entree?

Thanks
poohnpigletCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #23
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

Polynesian wins - Kona Cafe & Ohana are my favorite breakfasts in Disney!

Kona has amazing coffee and the prices for breakfast are very reasonable considering the large portion sizes. The food was good too!

Ohana is served family style and is basic eggs, bacon, sausage, mickey waffles, & fruit but for some reason all of that food tasted better at Ohana than any other breakfast place we ate at that served the same faire.

Dislover1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #24
jaberwock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerKell-ey View Post
BOMA. We go every trip. We were there a few days ago and it was better than ever. HUGE buffet with all the usuals (fresh scrambled eggs, pancakes (& chocolate chip), waffles, bacon, sausage, breakfast breads, etc) and carved to order ham and turkey with sauces, quinoa and oatmeal with toppings, omelet station, fresh fruit and a fabulous selection of breakfast pastries. Also many items unique to Boma/ African theme. My favorites are the scrambled eggs with goat cheese and spinach, African fruit salad and bread pudding with pecan sauce (better than O'hanas!!!). They also serve the famous "Jungle Juice" ... Orange/guava/passion mix (included in meal price).
We have an ADR next week for Boma and this post just made me so happy! Cannot wait.
jaberwock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #25
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerKell-ey
BOMA. We go every trip. We were there a few days ago and it was better than ever. HUGE buffet with all the usuals (fresh scrambled eggs, pancakes (& chocolate chip), waffles, bacon, sausage, breakfast breads, etc) and carved to order ham and turkey with sauces, quinoa and oatmeal with toppings, omelet station, fresh fruit and a fabulous selection of breakfast pastries. Also many items unique to Boma/ African theme. My favorites are the scrambled eggs with goat cheese and spinach, African fruit salad and bread pudding with pecan sauce (better than O'hanas!!!). They also serve the famous "Jungle Juice" ... Orange/guava/passion mix (included in meal price).
This sounds identical to the breakfast we had at TH.
Ohana and Kona also serve a juice that taste like Jungle Juice, I can't remember if they call it the same name or not.

My favorite breakfast places in order is TH, Kona, and Ohana. I do love seeing Stitch at Ohana though! We've never eaten breakfast at Boma or CP. What does everyone think about CP? Thinking of booking CP next year for something different.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #26
spacethunder
Earning My Ears

Best breakfast IMO is Boma. So many different flavours and really great quality. Jungle juice is awesome.

Contemporary is great for character interaction and atmosphere, but I found the food not as good as Boma.

I can't wait to try Kona cafe on my next trip!
spacethunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #27
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_taffy05 View Post
In your opinion, what is the best breakfast on property? Please explain why and what your favorite food item is at said breakfast!
Absolutely without a doubt, for us it's The Wave, they have the freshest and best food quality you will find in WDW even on their buffet.

I LOVE LOVE their grits, I never tried a grit () until I tried theirs some years back and since then I try them everywhere (even outside of WDW) and still have yet to find any that are better!

Their biscuits are also awesome as is their eggs benedict. They have a few items on their buffet you just won't find at any other buffets. You can also order from their regular menu (but the buffet is the best value).

I just don't think any other breakfast in WDW compares......and it's also a great value if you're not on the DDP! It's never really busy either, it's real hidden gem!

Feel free to check out our review with photos: (I post this all the time but I just can't say enough about their breakfast!)

Our Favorite WDW Breakfast - The Wave
Old 08-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #28
Dislover1991
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfla422 View Post

Absolutely without a doubt, for us it's The Wave, they have the freshest and best food quality you will find in WDW even on their buffet.

I LOVE LOVE their grits, I never tried a grit () until I tried theirs some years back and since then I try them everywhere (even outside of WDW) and still have yet to find any that are better!

Their biscuits are also awesome as is their eggs benedict. They have a few items on their buffet you just won't find at any other buffets. You can also order from their regular menu (but the buffet is the best value).

I just don't think any other breakfast in WDW compares......and it's also a great value if you're not on the DDP! It's never really busy either, it's real hidden gem!

Feel free to check out our review with photos: (I post this all the time but I just can't say enough about their breakfast!)

Our Favorite WDW Breakfast - The Wave
Right now I can't think of when we could fit this in on our December vacation but once I get home and can look at the itinerary, I need to try to find a spot- you've convinced me

Dislover1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #29
starousse
DIS Veteran

Kona
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #30
madsmom22
Mouseketeer

We ate at CP last November. Had an early resie and got to enter before the park opened. THAT ALONE is worth eating there! So nice to take pics in front of the castle with NO ONE ELSE in the photos! We loved the buffet. DD (16) said she wants to eat there again our next trip. She was raving about it just this week! Mickey waffles, puffed french toast (yummy!), omelet station... I am looking for an early morning resie right now, in fact!
2012 - BEACH CLUB RESORT
2013 - PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE (dance team trip)
2013 - PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE (family trip)

madsmom22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: