Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #1606
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer
 
DisneyLover0610's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
wait, I was always under the impression that instead of calories Disney food was full of wishes and magic
I believe that to be true!! Until you get back to reality and step on a scale

Lots of diet and exercise before this trip
__________________
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away

DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #1607
BeerMe
DIS Veteran
 
BeerMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 933

We never gain weight at f&w because we don't weigh ourselves for a couple off months after we come back. We also don't maker any other adrs during our trip. There is so much to eat and drink. I am going to try a lot of the 6oz bees this time. In past trips i always got larger beers 6 oz seemed too small.
__________________


We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #1608
BeerMe
DIS Veteran
 
BeerMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 933

Mt absolute favorite is the escargot in France. Beer cheese soup a close second.
__________________


We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #1609
Lynn2205
Mouseketeer
 
Lynn2205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 92

Hi Guys,

just planning some food and wine must do's with my husband, i thought last year they did the wine flights as well as beer flights, but i cant find any info on this.

As i'm not a beer drinker (other than Bud) I want the wine flights, does anyone know if they are doing these again and if so the prices of this? thanks in advance guys.
__________________
June 2006 - WDW - Offsite
Oct 07 - WDW - Offsite
Aug 08 - DLRP - Sante-Fe
Jun 09 - 20th Birthday - Port-Orleans, Riverside
Oct 10 - WDW Engagment - Port-Orleans, Riverside
May 2011 - WDW - Offsite (villa)
Oct 2012 - WDW honeymoon - Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2013 - WDW - Art of Animation
October 2014 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
Lynn2205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #1610
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran
 
luvslikepi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stationed at Hill AFB
Posts: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn2205 View Post
Hi Guys,

just planning some food and wine must do's with my husband, i thought last year they did the wine flights as well as beer flights, but i cant find any info on this.

As i'm not a beer drinker (other than Bud) I want the wine flights, does anyone know if they are doing these again and if so the prices of this? thanks in advance guys.
I have not seen prices but they are doing wine flights. You can find them on the Disney Food Blog.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #1611
ppiew
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: U.P. of Michigan
Posts: 2,487

why is it that Signature dinners were sold out a week ago and now miraculously appear as available?? (except the 3 i wanted of course!!) Have Kitchen Memories opened up at all?
ppiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #1612
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 2,669

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiew View Post
why is it that Signature dinners were sold out a week ago and now miraculously appear as available?? (except the 3 i wanted of course!!) Have Kitchen Memories opened up at all?
Depending on what time you called in on Tuesday - not everything was fully loaded in that first hour. I had to call back for my white truffle lunch and flying fish dinner.
__________________
Upcoming Trips: BWV & VGF Oct 2014, Disneyland Jan 2015

Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #1613
marshwiggle
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiew View Post
why is it that Signature dinners were sold out a week ago and now miraculously appear as available?? (except the 3 i wanted of course!!) Have Kitchen Memories opened up at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
Depending on what time you called in on Tuesday - not everything was fully loaded in that first hour. I had to call back for my white truffle lunch and flying fish dinner.
Maybe they've increased capacity at some of these events or people are changing their bookings. I hope those are the reasons (or even flaky rez CMs) instead of that they're still loading in events 2 weeks later. This past weekend, I was able to book a signature meal that was unavailable or sold out the day and week before.

This is what's currently marked as sold out on the website but it's possibly incorrect and definitely incomplete:
10/4 Mixology: Charlotte Voisey
10/4 3d Sweet Seats
10/6 Signature: Jiko
10/8 Hibachi
10/10 Signature: Brown Derby
10/10 Signature: Flying Fish
10/11 3d Sweet Seats
10/12 Culinary: Jamie Deen (1pm)
10/12 Beverage: Heitz
10/12 Culinary: Jamie Deen (3pm)
10/15 Hibachi
10/17 Beverage: Lasseter
10/17 Culinary: Adam Mali
10/18 Culinary: Keegan Gerhard, Lisa Bailey
10/19 Culinary: Dan Smith, Steve McDonough
10/19 Culinary: Gale Gand
10/19 Beverage: Grgich Hills
10/21 Culinary: Rochelle Daniel
10/21 Beverage: Chateau Ste Michelle
10/21 Culinary: Erin McKenna
10/22 Hibachi
10/24 Signature: Brown Derby
10/24 Signature: Jiko
10/25 Kitchen Memories: Voltaggios
10/25 Signature: Kouzzina
10/25 3d Sweet Seats
10/26 Culinary: Eric Lanlard
10/27 Signature: V&A
10/29 Culinary: Cat Cora
10/30 Culinary: Cat Cora
11/1 Culinary: Brian O'Hea, Shanna O'Hea
11/1 Beverage: Chateau Montelena
11/5 Hibachi
11/7 Signature: CA Grill
11/9 Culinary: Ben Sargent
11/9 Signature: Narcoossee's
11/17 Mixology (HUH wrong date?)
marshwiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #1614
pmdeve
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 749

I'd like to follow along with the sold out events since I am still waiting for firm dates from some of our travelling companions. What is the web site that shows the sold out events? Thanks
pmdeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #1615
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,855

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshwiggle View Post
Maybe they've increased capacity at some of these events or people are changing their bookings. I hope those are the reasons (or even flaky rez CMs) instead of that they're still loading in events 2 weeks later. This past weekend, I was able to book a signature meal that was unavailable or sold out the day and week before.

This is what's currently marked as sold out on the website but it's possibly incorrect and definitely incomplete:
10/4 Mixology: Charlotte Voisey
10/4 3d Sweet Seats
10/6 Signature: Jiko
10/8 Hibachi
10/10 Signature: Brown Derby
10/10 Signature: Flying Fish
10/11 3d Sweet Seats
10/12 Culinary: Jamie Deen (1pm)
10/12 Beverage: Heitz
10/12 Culinary: Jamie Deen (3pm)
10/15 Hibachi
10/17 Beverage: Lasseter
10/17 Culinary: Adam Mali
10/18 Culinary: Keegan Gerhard, Lisa Bailey
10/19 Culinary: Dan Smith, Steve McDonough
10/19 Culinary: Gale Gand
10/19 Beverage: Grgich Hills
10/21 Culinary: Rochelle Daniel
10/21 Beverage: Chateau Ste Michelle
10/21 Culinary: Erin McKenna
10/22 Hibachi
10/24 Signature: Brown Derby
10/24 Signature: Jiko
10/25 Kitchen Memories: Voltaggios
10/25 Signature: Kouzzina
10/25 3d Sweet Seats
10/26 Culinary: Eric Lanlard
10/27 Signature: V&A
10/29 Culinary: Cat Cora
10/30 Culinary: Cat Cora
11/1 Culinary: Brian O'Hea, Shanna O'Hea
11/1 Beverage: Chateau Montelena
11/5 Hibachi
11/7 Signature: CA Grill
11/9 Culinary: Ben Sargent
11/9 Signature: Narcoossee's
11/17 Mixology (HUH wrong date?)
Thanks! I think it also leaves out the reserved seating for PFTS I have heard some of them are sold out. Not sure which ones...
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #1616
HiMagicFan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 821

they never actually opened up the Marketplace chef's tour that they did last year, did they? I have been off the boards for a little while and am trying to catch up but don't seem to see anything - so maybe I missed it.

Since we didn't get this we decided to just ear around the world...so thanks everyone for all your input and continued information!
HiMagicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #1617
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS
 
sherekhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 250

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy concert

Hey all,
I just decided to head down to for the last weekend since Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is playing on my birthday and I know some folks running the 1/2 marathon. I've been to the F&W at EPCOT before, but not for the music.

Any things I should know about going to see a band you really care about at this event? Anyone see them play at F&W Festival before? Do people dance? Advice about what time to go get seats if you really want to be up front? How long to bands typically play?
sherekhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #1618
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,266
DISboards Moderator

There is no marketplace chef's tour this year.

I go for BBVD every year. I don't do a front row seat but I can get as far up as 4th row (on the side, not center) without waiting in line. If you want front and center you should be there when guests start lining up. They will line up at the far left side of the theater. I don't think they start getting in line at 11 for that band usually, but there will be folks in line a couple of hours before the first show. If you don't need front and center you probably don't need to wait in line at all, just go in when they open the house.

Sets at Eat to the Beat are about 45 minutes. The house is emptied after each set. If you're going to dance you should probably do it in standing room only. Folks don't tend to stand up in the theater (I've seen some do it but they were really drunk and very annoying.)
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #1619
jcvalenti
Wine Snob
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Hey all,
I just decided to head down to for the last weekend since Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is playing on my birthday and I know some folks running the 1/2 marathon. I've been to the F&W at EPCOT before, but not for the music.

Any things I should know about going to see a band you really care about at this event? Anyone see them play at F&W Festival before? Do people dance? Advice about what time to go get seats if you really want to be up front? How long to bands typically play?
IMHO, waiting in line for the Eat to the Beat concerts is a tremendous waste of time. I've seen people queuing up to two hours before the first show, and you can easily walk up and sit within the first 10 rows just before the show starts. Personally, I much prefer just standing around in the American Pavilion while the show's going on, as you can easily enjoy the music there while being much closer to the food and beer stands
__________________
Trip History: June 1983 - Treehouse Villas | June 1984 - Fort Wilderness | July 1992 - Euro Disneyland | June/July 2004, October 2004, June 2005, June/July 2008, June 2009, July 2011, June 2012 - Offsite (usually with a Huge Family Group) | Oct 2008, Oct 2011 - Dolphin (Epcot F & W) | Oct 2013 - Swan (Epcot F & W)
Next Trip: August 2014 - Offsite (with an even huger family group)
Favorite Restaurants: Jiko, Il Mulino, Via Napoli, Teppan Edo, Biergarten, Kouzzina
Favorite Disney "Stuff": Haunted Mansion, A 40th Bday Illuminations Cruise with a 1971 Chateau Haut Brion, Enjoying the Hospitality of Benito at Tutto Gusto, Watching the kids build their own list of favorites, Renting boats at the Polynesian, Seeing "Bo Duke" at Cali Grill during last F&W
jcvalenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #1620
BeerMe
DIS Veteran
 
BeerMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post
I much prefer just standing around in the American Pavilion while the show's going on, as you can easily enjoy the music there while being much closer to the food and beer stands
Me too.
__________________


We've stayed at every resort on site except CS.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: