Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #376
kayaker35
Mouseketeer

My DH and I are in Vancouver. Arrived yesterday. On the Sapphire Princess. We had a great cruise on Princess, and are looking forward to a "wonderful" Disney cruise. While traveling southbound on the Sapphire we met the Wonder going northbound. We were seated by a window in the Savoy Dining Room. We told our dinner companions that we would be on the Wonder on it's next sailing. They remarked that she was a beautiful ship, and was that Mickey Mouse on the funnel? I wish I'd had my camera with me!

While the Princess cruise was great, and it was a treat to see Hubbard Glacier and the glaciers of Glacier Bay National Park, the cruise was missing the Disney magic. The stage shows were fun, but didn't compare to Disney entertainment. The food was good, and the service outstanding, but I think the Disney menus are more varied....especially the buffet options.

We only had one rainy day....not counting the wind and rain we experienced in Whittier the day we sailed. That was in Ketchikan, and it didn't hinder us from exploring the town and taking in the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show, which was lots of fun.

We're interested to see what the the Disney check-in procedure will be here in Vancouver. The Princess embarkation was a nightmare! We felt like we were part of a herd of sheep. The terminal area was like a warehouse, and we were directed to a table to get our health forms to fill out. Instead of having someone hand them out at the door, we had to stand in a crowd around a small table to get them. They didn't have pens available to fill them out. After that bottleneck, the rest of the embarkation was easier, but we had to walk through the wind and rain to the gangway.... My only Disney embarkation was in Port Canaveral, where it was a breeze. I hope it's the same here tomorrow.

I don't suppose we'll be meeting any of you on the cruise, but I wish you all a great trip! We met some very nice people on the Princess cruise. We're looking forward to doing the same on this one :-)

Karen
kayaker35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #377
nananeliz
Earning My Ears

Well, my family and I were so sad to disembark today, but we're enjoying 2 more weeks of vacation here in the Pacific Northwest. I hope everyone else had as great a cruise as we did -- we truly enjoyed the sights in Alaska and the amenities on the Wonder.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the FE Exchange. We really enjoyed peeking into the pockets of our fish extender when we returned to the room. So many thoughtful and well-executed gifts!

I was lucky enough to meet Meghann and Danny and the Broadway family on the trip. Sorry I did not have the chance to meet up with more of you -- maybe next trip!

Nancy
nananeliz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #378
wachnicki
Mouseketeer

Finally home as of 2 a.m. Whew! What a long drive. We had an hour and 20 minute wait to cross the border. A harsh re-entry into real life after such a great vacation!!
I echo Nancy......a HUGE thank you to everyone who participated in the FE! Each and every gift was appreciated......and if Jamie or Pat could send me the directions for those can cozies that would be great. DD11 wants to see if she can make them, and as you could all probably tell from your frames, I am craft challenged.
Wonderful, wonderful cruise! Hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did. DD11 LOVED the edge and made lots of new friends, including Nancy's DD! Although our big excursions were cancelled in Juneau due to the weather, we were able to book zip lining in Ketchikan last minute and it was a blast!! Plus, we saw whales and dolphins the last night at dinner.
Again, than you alll and I hope you all had a magical vacation!

Denise
wachnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #379
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Reality has set in after doing 6 loads of laundry and spending the day putting everything away. We had a great vacation. Hardly saw our 6 grandkids at all. Once again they loved the clubs and our two oldest 11 and 12 loved having their independence moving about the ship and being able to go in and out of their club. We saw lots of whales. The first morning I was up at 6 AM and saw 3 right out of our window. Woke everyone up to see them but that wasn't necessary because we saw so many just by sitting out on deck. We all loved the FE gifts and were excited each day to see what we got. They were all fantastic! It took us 1 hour to get across the border but we made it to the airport in Seattle in time. We did the express carry off and have decided we will do that every time we cruise. It was really easy and not having to search through all the baggage looking for yours is well worth it. And there was no crowds getting off. Hope everyone had an amazing time like we did!
aimshna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #380
patti0911
Earning My Ears

Reality has set in for me as well, laundry is started and I have most things put away. We had an awesome vacation. Disney does a fabulous job.
Thank you everyone for the FE gifts we loved them all! It was so much fun seeing the gifts when we would return to or leave the room. I'm sure if we sail Disney again the kids will insist on doing FE gifts.
Once again thank you all for making our cruise that much more special.
Pat

I don't have enough posts to pm the instuctions so I will add them on here.

Mickey & Minnie Coffee Cozy

Gauge: 15 sc and 19 rows per 4” swatch, done with worsted weight yarn. Gauge is somewhat important since you want this cozy to fit snuggly on your coffee cup.
Materials:
“G” Hook (4.5mm) or size hook to hit gauge. See above.
Worsted weight yarn.
White buttons. Large for Mickey, small for Minnie
Yarn needle to do the finishing.

MICKEY:

Using RED yarn: Chain 33, join with slip stitch in first chain to form loop.

Round 1: chain 1, single crochet in each chain around (33 single crochet). Slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Round 2-5: Single crochet in each single crochet, slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Switch to BLACK for the remainder of the cozy.

Rounds 6-12: chain 1, single crochet in each chain around. Slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Round 13: Reverse single crochet in each single crochet. Slip stitch in chain 1.

MINNIE:

Using pink (or red) yarn: 33, join with slip stitch in first chain to form loop.

Round 1: chain 1, single crochet in each chain around (33 single crochet). Slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Round 2-8: Single crochet in each single crochet, slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Switch to BLACK for the remainder of the cozy.

Rounds 9 -12: chain 1, single crochet in each chain around. Slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Round 13: Reverse single crochet in each single crochet. Slip stitch in chain 1.

Last edited by patti0911; 08-21-2013 at 02:20 PM.
patti0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #381
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Hi everybody...
I just don't even know where to begin... This cruise was monderful... Just gorgeous and breathtaking! And the FE was truly one the highlight of these incredible hollidays! Making the gift before the departure, bringing them in secret to your rooms (often at 4 a.m, because of the jet lag^^) and finding all these precious surpises in our own FE wast just too much fun! I can't believe that's it's already over :'(
Alaska is just marvelous... I want to go back!!! For me this is the most beautiful place I've ever seen because of the truly enchanted scenery.
Aimshna, I'm so glad you had an amazing time! Thank you so much for your kindness before and during the cruise!
Wachnicki, my dog sledding on Mendenhall has been cancelled too (it will be a good reason to come back, hoping that I'll be luckier next time). What were you supposed to do? ortunately for us we booked (almost at the last minute) the Enchanted Taku Lodge Tour and it was truly gorgeous! The place is amazing and the food is so yummy! ore of that, I saw a bear! In fact, I saw too much animals on this cruise, I was so thrilled! We saw several bears (among them was even a cub on the Ketchikan day), whales (but only the tails) on tracy arm day and on the first sea day, eagles (ketchikan), salmons, and the seals on Tracy Arm! At first I was so disappointed bcause they were very far and I couldn't see them. I saw only several black points and wanted to check with my camera zoom. And when I did that, I was so excited to see them for real! Truly wonderful...
Nananeliz, it was so good to meet you, and beeing able to meet several times after that! I hope you had a fantastic time,your daughters are so cute and your husband seems to be very kind! We loved meeting you all!
And thank you all for the time and the love you put in your FE gift, you made our trip even more magical!
I hope that nobody was disappointed with their gifts and I wish you all a good return from hollidays (we arrived at home yesterday after a few fantastics days in Vancouver). For me, I've already the sadly famous post cruise blues!
Tiggrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #382
wachnicki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggrou View Post
Wachnicki, my dog sledding on Mendenhall has been cancelled too (it will be a good reason to come back, hoping that I'll be luckier next time). What were you supposed to do? ortunately for us we booked (almost at the last minute) the Enchanted Taku Lodge Tour and it was truly gorgeous! The place is amazing and the food is so yummy! ore of that, I saw a bear!
My husband DD17 were supposed to take a helicopter and hike a glacier, but DD11 and I had the Taku Lodge Tour booked directly with them and they are the ones who cancelled it. I guess that had too many people scheduled for the later time so they couldn't reschedule us? I don't know.
wachnicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #383
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

I'm so sad that you couldn't enjoy the Taku Lodge It was clearly one of the highlight of our trip... I think that the weather improved during the day, that's why we could do it (I booked it for twelve if I remember correctly).
The weather can truly be a problem in Alaska!
PS: I can't realise it's already over!

Last edited by Tiggrou; 08-24-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #384
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm so sad that you couldn't enjoy the Taku Lodge It was clearly one of the highlight of our trip... I think that the weather improved during the day, that's why we could do it (I booked it for twelve if I remember correctly).
The weather can truly be a problem in Alaska!
PS: I can't realise it's already over!
I am so jealous that you saw bears! That is what I want everytime I go to Alaska and as yet I have not been able to. I have enjoyed chatting with you on here and sharing. Everyone needs to see Alaska. Did you make it to the soap shop? I bought me a bar and have as yet to use it but the sample they gave out was great!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #385
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Hi Aimshna! I'm so sorry that you couldn't see any bears! Do you plan to return in Alaska? If you do, you should book the Rainforest sanctuary tour (in Ketchikan) or (better to see the bears as they are attracted by grilled salmon) the Enchanted Taku Lodge -in Juneau- . I saw bears during this two tours and they were so great that I would like to return in Alaska next year and if I manage, I will book them again. I hope that we will keep on chatting and sharing because your kindness and your good advises truly made our trip!
Yes I found the shop! I bought several soaps and I think I will use one of them tonight! I bought one with a delicious cookies smell :D Heaven! :D
Which one did you buy?
The shop owner was so nice too! We chatted a bit and it was very pleasant! We made a lot of shopping in town too ^^

Last edited by Tiggrou; 08-25-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #386
aimshna
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Aimshna! I'm so sorry that you couldn't see any bears! Do you plan to return in Alaska? If you do, you should book the Rainforest sanctuary tour (in Ketchikan) or (better to see the bears as they are attracted by grilled salmon) the Enchanted Taku Lodge -in Juneau- . I saw bears during this two tours and they were so great that I would like to return in Alaska next year and if I manage, I will book them again. I hope that we will keep on chatting and sharing because your kindness and your good advises truly made our trip!
Yes I found the shop! I bought several soaps and I think I will use one of them tonight! I bought one with a delicious cookies smell :D Heaven! :D
Which one did you buy?
The shop owner was so nice too! We chatted a bit and it was very pleasant! We made a lot of shopping in town too ^^
Next year Disney is doing the same trip except it is longer and goes to Sitka. Sitka is one of my favorite ports. I wish I could have met you on the cruise. I don't know why we didn't do a meeting with all the people on our FE. My daughter and daughter in law said you two were fantastic people. I don't remember which soap I bought so I have to go and check it out. I am not sure I could get on one of the float planes-I think I would be scared How did you get to the Rainforest Sanctuary? I hope you keep in touch. I did do a place hold for another Disney cruise but I may want to go to Venice and do that one. Not sure. I have enough Disney dollars for one ticket anyways plus we bought into the Disney Vacation Club while on ship so that could be another vacation.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #387
Tiggrou
Mouseketeer

Oh yes, I saw that there was one cruise with Sitka! I would have loved to go on it but unfortunately, the departure is in may if I remember correctly and the only month in the year when I will have enough time to go to Vancouver will be August. But one day, I'll do it!
I'm planning to do the Mediterranean cruise on next may too (but not the Venice one unfortunately because I won't have enough time).
I would have been so glad to meet you too! One day, we saw a huge familly on the bridge, so I wondered if it was yours, but I didn't see your daughter or your step-daughter, so I thought it wasn't. But your daughter and your step-daughters seems to be so kind! I was really glad to meet them! And I finished the chocolate yesterday (the post cruise blues was easier thanks to them! ), thank you so much they were wonderful!
For the sea plane, don't be affraid
My aunt hates plane, it really was difficult for her to go from London to Vancouver in plane as she is so affraid of it. But finally she did it and more of that, she loved the sea plane. She found it to be very soft and we see gorgeous things from there.
But if you really can't stand the plane, go to the santuary (the full name of the excursion is Sanctuary Rainforest and crabe feast, it truly worthed the cost!), you will go there by bus and should see some bears, eagles, deers, salmons... after a nice walk in the Rainforest. Then, you will be driver to the George inlet where you will have the best crabe (and the best blueberry cheesecake!) ever!
Let me know about your soap, maybe I bought it too! ^^
Old 08-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #388
armandojtirado
Earning My Ears

Thank you ALL Fish Extender participants...

...for making our experience even more memorable. We stand in awe at the devotion to your craft, the attention to detail, the personalized gifts, the magic you added to our cruise. every trip back to our stateroom was a race with the kids shouting from a distance "I SEE SOMETHING IN THERE!!!!! FISH EXTENDEEEEEERRRRR!!!!!" ... what a pair of maniacs!!! We were the "transplant Brits" (not natives, but this is home now) with the birthday, anniversary and a lot going on the door, including a big-a** 44 to ensure everyone knows my wifes' age. Thank you all again and I truly wish you the best!!!!

Bye for now,
Armando
armandojtirado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #389
modegard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandojtirado View Post
...for making our experience even more memorable. We stand in awe at the devotion to your craft, the attention to detail, the personalized gifts, the magic you added to our cruise. every trip back to our stateroom was a race with the kids shouting from a distance "I SEE SOMETHING IN THERE!!!!! FISH EXTENDEEEEEERRRRR!!!!!" ... what a pair of maniacs!!! We were the "transplant Brits" (not natives, but this is home now) with the birthday, anniversary and a lot going on the door, including a big-a** 44 to ensure everyone knows my wifes' age. Thank you all again and I truly wish you the best!!!!

Bye for now,
Armando
I could not agree more! We loved it! The kids and adults alike were totally thrilled with all the cool things that showed up in our fish extenders. Thank you soooooo much!

Merilee
Old 08-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #390
vgrandy
Mouseketeer

We got back late Saturday night after spending the week in Washington sight seeing and visiting family. We had an amazing time on the Wonder. What a great ship. I loved the size after being on the Dream. So easy to get around. The FE exchange was fabulous. So many wonderful gifts! Thank you to everyone who participated. We bought the picture CD on board and ended up with 200 pictures along with the 1200 we took over the 2 weeks we were away. Will do a photo book with them at some point. We booked another cruise on board which we will bump out to 2015 when they are released. We will probably do the Caribbean but are hoping for something new and affordable.

Kids start school tomorrow so I have been hustling around getting everything they need ready. Jacob is starting high school! He's ready but I'm not sure if I am.

Victoria
vgrandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: