Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
laplbl@aol.com
Mousejunkie since 2003

Food court POFQ vs. POR

I've stayed at POR several times and found their food court to be more than adequate. I'm planning on staying at POFQ on my next trip in May 2014. I see conflicting comments about the food court at POFQ. Has anyone stayed at both resorts and can you give me your opinion/comments comparing both food courts.

Thanks so much
laplbl@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

We have not stayed at POR, but frequently stay at POFQ. I think they are both adequate for breakfast, but if we are eating lunch or dinner at the hotel, we always walk down to POR. There is more seating and a lot more choices and in our opinion, better options. We had several issues with service at POFQ at dinner and I can't say that we will be eating there again anytime soon. I would much rather take the 10 minute walk to POR for dinner. Even though they say you can get a salad at POFQ, the time we asked for one, we were told to get a prepackaged one out of the fridge. The turkey on ciabatta and beef with blue cheese at POR are some of our favorites and the pasta can't be beat.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

POR food court is bigger than POFQ. But you can easily walk between the two if you are staying at the other resort.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #4
MiramarQE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiggieFan View Post
We have not stayed at POR, but frequently stay at POFQ. I think they are both adequate for breakfast, but if we are eating lunch or dinner at the hotel, we always walk down to POR. There is more seating and a lot more choices and in our opinion, better options. We had several issues with service at POFQ at dinner and I can't say that we will be eating there again anytime soon. I would much rather take the 10 minute walk to POR for dinner. Even though they say you can get a salad at POFQ, the time we asked for one, we were told to get a prepackaged one out of the fridge. The turkey on ciabatta and beef with blue cheese at POR are some of our favorites and the pasta can't be beat.
We've stayed at both POR and POFQ several times during the last 2 years - latest last May - and agree completely with the above. Breakfast adequate, worth walking to POR for lunch/dinner.
MiramarQE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #5
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

As it is only a 10 minute stroll between both them if you didn't like the food court at POFQ then you could easily go to the one at POR. Best of both worlds and the walk is lovely.

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

The food court at POFQ is certainly adequate but if you plan to eat there frequently, I think it would get old fast.

POR is our favorite food court on property. We have never had to wait for a seat and enjoy the varying choices. At POFQ, the selections are much more limited and we've been relegated to seating in the lounge due to all tables being occupied.

FWIW, in the heat of the summer, we found the walk between POFQ and POR long enough where we didn't want to do it more than once. It's in direct sunlight on blacktop, so if we just wanted to walk over for breakfast before heading to the parks, it wasn't worth it to us.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
ABtwinmommy
Mouseketeer

I would agree with pp's. POFQ food court is good for breakfast. And the beignets are very yummy. For lunch/dinner its okay but not my fav. I've never had any issues there. I liked the chicken quesadillas. The selection just isn't quite what I prefer I guess. Though DH would eat their po'boys everyday if he could, I'm pretty sure. I've not tried them.

On our stays there we do walk to POR once or twice and eat there. I prefer their selection. We also like to hop on the boat and head to DTD for dinner. WPE can't be beat And that is one reason we love POFQ...the numerous options provide a good variety.
Planning next trip to my happy place ~ Jan/Feb 2014-CR/BC
ABtwinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I agree w/PPers. POR has possibly the best food court on WDW property.

POFQ mufaletta (sp?) sandwiches are to die for--and this is coming from a person who does not like sandwiches. The menu is rather limited and seating is VERY limited. Even during slow seasons we have not always (just 2 of us) been able to get a seat during breakfast hours.

So in summary, enjoy POFQ as much as you like, but when tiresome go over to POR--you'll be glad you did!
Old 08-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Por def. for us has the best food court. Love the pasta bar, and in the morning it's a omelette bar. As mentioned, it's close enough to walk to.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

POFQ: breakfast is very good but I would go somewhere else for other meals.

Also, I don't get the hype about the beignets. No taste whatsoever, just oil.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABtwinmommy View Post
I would agree with pp's. POFQ food court is good for breakfast. And the beignets are very yummy. For lunch/dinner its okay but not my fav. I've never had any issues there. I liked the chicken quesadillas. The selection just isn't quite what I prefer I guess. Though DH would eat their po'boys everyday if he could, I'm pretty sure. I've not tried them.

On our stays there we do walk to POR once or twice and eat there. I prefer their selection. We also like to hop on the boat and head to DTD for dinner. WPE can't be beat And that is one reason we love POFQ...the numerous options provide a good variety.
We frequently go to POFQ (when staying elsewhere) for lunch specifically for the po'boys and the beignets! I think DH and DD could eat po'boys all week and never get tired of them LOL. We've always had great friendly service at lunch and never had trouble finding a table.
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #12
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiramarQE View Post
We've stayed at both POR and POFQ several times during the last 2 years - latest last May - and agree completely with the above. Breakfast adequate, worth walking to POR for lunch/dinner.
Breakfast for sure. But we eat lunch & dinner at the parks or the restaurants in the Boardwalk/Y&BC area.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: