Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #2371
Jadeey
Mouseketeer

Argh how annoying! We're going to be there for 20 nights so we'll need to get 2 x $17 mugs per person. I know their packages are all maximum of 14 days but I wish they would have a longer life mug for those overseas guests who do typically stay longer.
Jadeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #2372
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadeey View Post
Argh how annoying! We're going to be there for 20 nights so we'll need to get 2 x $17 mugs per person. I know their packages are all maximum of 14 days but I wish they would have a longer life mug for those overseas guests who do typically stay longer.
Check with the manager when you get your mug. They will likely assist you with this issue so that you only need to buy one.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #2373
Jadeey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Check with the manager when you get your mug. They will likely assist you with this issue so that you only need to buy one.
Thanks, good idea. It's worth a try!
Jadeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #2374
bigmac5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadeey View Post
my understanding is that they do last longer--they just have to be manually programed
Old 08-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #2375
smidgy
dimples

I agree with the above. right now it is a testing phase, they haven't accounted for every single possibility.

I'm sure there will be CM over rides, even if you need a manager.

split stays, for example. we often get the DDP for the 1st restort, then go obver to a 2nd resort with a room only discount.. save a TS credit to have dinner at or near the 2nd resort the 1st night.
since the mug comes with the DDP, it will probably be programmed for the amount of days on the first reservation.. I am confident there will be no problem having the amount of days on the 2nd leg of our single Disney vacation added to the chip.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #2376
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Only the soda dispensers are set up for the RFID mugs, so the RFID chips aren't need for the iced tea dispensers.
Ok, thanks.

Last edited by lucas; 08-25-2013 at 07:58 PM.
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #2377
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Rapid refill went live at Beach & yacht club today!

My mugs were bought and activated Saturday and they said them we would be live Sunday, but it was Monday (today). Biggest issue is people want to hold up their mugs rather than let them sit on the pedestal with the reader. Nothing happens when you set it down, but when you press the dispenser button it display the end date for your mug while it fills. My mug had no RFID chip (mystified them) but it was replaced in 3 seconds.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #2378
stitchlet
Late-Bloomer (was 34 on my first trip to WDW)

Saw the RFID mugs at Caribbean Beach last night ... not sure if the machines were "activated" yet, (only there for a burger, so did not buy a mug). The "key switch" on the side of the soda machines was set on "override", so not sure if it was in full-swing ...
Sept 2001 CSR, Sept 2004 CBR, June 2005 GF(RPC), Feb 2006 GF, Nov 2006 GF, June 2008 GF (our Disneymoon ), Jan 2009 AKL & GF, Nov 2009 GF(RPC), Feb 2011 CBR, May 2011 CBR, June 2011 CSR ... in 2013 we moved to Florida and are blessed to enjoy day trips!
stitchlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #2379
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
Rapid refill went live at Beach & yacht club today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlet View Post
Saw the RFID mugs at Caribbean Beach last night ... not sure if the machines were "activated" yet, (only there for a burger, so did not buy a mug). The "key switch" on the side of the soda machines was set on "override", so not sure if it was in full-swing ...
You guys answered my question in order! Thanks I am at CB first, then YC during my split stay in Nov. so I was hoping at least CB would have RFID so I wouldn't get stuck when I arrived at YC or Poly after they switched!
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #2380
mom4graceandlogan
DIS Veteran

Any sign of new mug stations at WL or Boardwalk( bakery, pool etc.)?
2003; Gracie's first trip Wilderness Lodge;May, 2005 Logan's first trip Wilderness Lodge; December, 2005 Wilderness Lodge;January 2007 Poly and WL Marathon Weekend; Sept 2007 10 days WL/Poly;Sept 2008 10 days BCV/WLV; June 2009 Swan; Thanksgiving Fort WIlderness/Contemporary200;June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, September 2010 Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge; December 2010 Wilderness Lodge and Swan; September, 2011 WL and Dolphin; Buying a house instead of a 2012 trip, actually going anyway and got new house. Sept. 2012 10 days WL/BC concierge, July 2013 AoA and WBC to do all the Orlando attractions we never get to; Sept. 2013 WL Villas and BWV, 4/2014 Chaperone chorus trip to POP, September 2014, Beach club than Universal RPR, youngest finally big enough for Spiderman!
mom4graceandlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #2381
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Are the new mugs in all resorts already? I'll arrive at ASMu this Friday
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #2382
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Doing a split-stay with FD during the first portion only. Will they let me use the RFID mug on my second half? All consecutive days, 10 days total.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #2383
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
Doing a split-stay with FD during the first portion only. Will they let me use the RFID mug on my second half? All consecutive days, 10 days total.
I would doubt it. FD is not really free, but something you pay for by paying full price for your resort room. The mug you get with FD is part of the money you paid for that package. Your second stay, if it doesn't come with dining plan, has no inclusion of a mug. IMO, after your FD ends, you must purchase a new mug, or purchase additional time on your first mug. If you check-out of the first resort and check-in at the second resort on the same day, your mug is good for that day. It's the next day of your second stay that you would need to start buying time on a mug (mug-share?).
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #2384
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
look at post 2375.. just a couple above yours.

it hasn't been tested yet.

most people around this thread know me as the poster child for split stays. and using the mug you paid for (even if you "paid" for it in your DDP) for your ENTIRE SINGLE Disney vacation. if they give you a problem , SAVE and BRING all your reciepts and reservations. proving you are on one single disney vacation. and don't let up.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #2385
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
look at post 2375.. just a couple above yours.

it hasn't been tested yet.

most people around this thread know me as the poster child for split stays. and using the mug you paid for (even if you "paid" for it in your DDP) for your ENTIRE SINGLE Disney vacation. if they give you a problem , SAVE and BRING all your reciepts and reservations. proving you are on one single disney vacation. and don't let up.
But the mug is only good for the length of the dining plan since it is part of the plan. Once the plan is no longer good, you have to activate the mug by paying for it. You didn't pay for it at the second resort unless you also have the dining plan there.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: