Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #61
disneydeb64
Got My Ears, Thank You : )

Hey, lighten up. As I stated in my post, just expressing my opinion to which I'm entitled.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #62
Dot2Vegas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydeb64
Hey, lighten up. As I stated in my post, just expressing my opinion to which I'm entitled.
I'm not sure who you are telling to lighten up? But I don't think anyone needs to. I didn't see any hostility on this thread. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and its a valid one, as is everyone else's. Looked to me like a discussion about that specific Monster High joke. And like every other joke, some people appreciate it and some don't.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #63
bcla
DIS Veteran

Seriously though, if one is tired of the schtick, nobody is forced to ride it. If you already know what you're going to get and don't like it, then why subject yourself to something that could be easily avoided?
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #64
disneydeb64
Got My Ears, Thank You : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot2Vegas

I'm not sure who you are telling to lighten up? But I don't think anyone needs to. I didn't see any hostility on this thread. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and its a valid one, as is everyone else's. Looked to me like a discussion about that specific Monster High joke. And like every other joke, some people appreciate it and some don't.
Let me clarify then - the ones who quoted me. I also didn't claim there was hostility. I absolutely think everyone should share their opinions; that is what forums are for.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #65
Dot2Vegas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydeb64

Let me clarify then - the ones who quoted me. I also didn't claim there was hostility. I absolutely think everyone should share their opinions; that is what forums are for.
Thanks for clarifying! :-)
Old 08-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #66
Iceman93
Mouseketeer

Are you sure you want to tell us to light up (given the topic of the joke in question)? Some might be offended! ;- )
Old 08-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #67
tiggerluvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman93 View Post
Are you sure you want to tell us to light up (given the topic of the joke in question)? Some might be offended! ;- )
*snort*
DL 40th Birthday trip: Oct 2013 || DL last minute trip with friends: May 2013 || DL awesome Mother-Son blowout: Dec 2012 || DCL & DL Spring Break: Apr 2010 || DL Halloween: Oct 2007 || DL family reunion: Mar 2003 || DL DS's first trip: Mar 2002

tiggerluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #68
monkeymers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman93 View Post
(best response ever...)
monkeymers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #69
chabelita545
Mouseketeer

We rode yesterday for the first time in 2 years and our guide told the same old jokes PLUS many new ones. Those were a nice surprise. We snickered at the new ones and enjoyed the old bad puns. Jungle Cruise is fun; besides how else are you ever going to get to see the back side of water?
Disneyland, CA -August '13, August '11, March '10, August '07, May '06, May '05, February '02 (first time as a mom), New Year's Eve '97, July '90, Thanksgiving '89, September '89, as a kid in '86, '81, '74, '73, '72
DisneyWorld and Cruise on the Disney Magic (Bahamas) - January '09
chabelita545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #70
deesquared
Mouseketeer

I love Jungle Cruise, mainly for it's 'schtick'!

Unfortunately, because everyone knows all the jokes, sometimes other guests can ruin the experience.
During a trip with my mom, while we were in the JC queue, there was a man who, though by himself, kept saying loudly "The backside of water! Oh, I can't wait to see the backside of water!" He was getting a bit annoying, so we tried to not be on the same boat as him. Unfortunately we did end up on the same boat, where he then kept interrupting the CM, and jumping on all the punch lines of the jokes. Especially, the 'backside of water'. It was awkward and dissapointing.

But you get this on other attractions too, especially the stretching room of HM.

Oh well!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: