Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #1
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

Swan/Dolphin Fast Pass +?

Hi,
I'm considering booking a trip at the Swan or Dolphin in April 2014, but I am worried about Fastpass +. I've read a few places that say they expect all, even offsite guests, to participate in Fastpass + but I am wondering, if it is only unrolled for onsite guests, will the Swan & Dolphin be considered onsite? I guess it's all speculation, but does anyone have any thoughts on this??

Thanks!!

Next Trip 8/14 So Much to Celebrate! ASMo * 12/10 Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe ChRiStMaS TRiP * 1/08 Grand Gathering POR - Papa's 70th & Blaise's 6th - Pirate & Princess Party! * 11/05 POR - Jersey Week - Food & Wine Festival * 12/04 POP & ASMo - MVMCP * 10/02 POFQ & ASMo - DD 4th Birthday & MNSSHP * 5/01 AKL & POR - Flower & Garden Festival * 5/00 ASMo - Flower & Garden Festival * Childhood trips... 7/83 Disneyland * 2/79 POL * 12/75 First Trip - age 6 (off site) Thanks Gramma for the best Christmas gift ever! I'll always remember the magic...*

SnoWhiteRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #2
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Given that the Swan/Dolphin are not operated by Disney, and their reservation system doesn't talk to Disney's reservation system, I'd say "probably not". You (currently) have to link your resort reservation to the MDX site, and you won't be able to do that with a Swan/Dolphin reservation.

With that being said, April 2014 is still a ways off, and many things could change, including opening FP+ to off-site guests, which would include the S/D.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Aren't AP holders able to get RFID tickets to use? Even if they are not onsite? I am pretty sure that guests at the SD will be able to use FP+ when it fully rolls out. I mean, don't SD guests get to use EMH and the bus system? I don't think they would not make FP+ available to people that stay there.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

I know, it seems like a toss up..

Not owned by Disney, no Magical Express, no charging to the room

Yet -- Disney transportation, package shipping, Extra Magic Hours, Disney gift shop and character meal onsite....

I did just log onto to My Disney Experience and the Swan & Dolphin are listed on the pull down list of "Disney" resorts...

What to do? What to do?..............

Next Trip 8/14 So Much to Celebrate! ASMo * 12/10 Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe ChRiStMaS TRiP * 1/08 Grand Gathering POR - Papa's 70th & Blaise's 6th - Pirate & Princess Party! * 11/05 POR - Jersey Week - Food & Wine Festival * 12/04 POP & ASMo - MVMCP * 10/02 POFQ & ASMo - DD 4th Birthday & MNSSHP * 5/01 AKL & POR - Flower & Garden Festival * 5/00 ASMo - Flower & Garden Festival * Childhood trips... 7/83 Disneyland * 2/79 POL * 12/75 First Trip - age 6 (off site) Thanks Gramma for the best Christmas gift ever! I'll always remember the magic...*

SnoWhiteRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: