Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #2356
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Why not? We're they full? I know I was not able to get my preferred time but was able to get an early dinner (4:30) were going to THE WAVE for a buffet breakfast that morning before going to Epcot so I figured we probably won't eat lunch that day.
Actually I didn't even book it, but now remembering how much we loved it, maybe we will add it in somewhere!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #2357
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Usually my Disney meals have been Quick service but with this trip being just my husband and I, and planned way in advance compared to past trips, so we planned at 180 days and added another meal once Free dining came up.

So we have

LeCelier, Crystal Palace, Brown Derby/Imagineer lunch, Columbia Harbour House as part of MK Tour, Flying fish, Be Our Guest, Ohana, and Yak&Yeti.

Would never have been able to enjoy or afford with the kids so very much looking forward to Our "Anniversary trip" with free dining for most of the meals and not a heart ache to pick up the rest with Disney Visa to get reward points for my next vacation.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #2358
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Usually my Disney meals have been Quick service but with this trip being just my husband and I, and planned way in advance compared to past trips, so we planned at 180 days and added another meal once Free dining came up.

So we have

LeCelier, Crystal Palace, Brown Derby/Imagineer lunch, Columbia Harbour House as part of MK Tour, Flying fish, Be Our Guest, Ohana, and Yak&Yeti.

Would never have been able to enjoy or afford with the kids so very much looking forward to Our "Anniversary trip" with free dining for most of the meals and not a heart ache to pick up the rest with Disney Visa to get reward points for my next vacation.
Happy Anniversary, how many years? Will be 25 years this Sept 10th for my husband and I. But when it comes to wdw, he stays at home and it will be myself, son and 70 year ago mother. He's not as crazy as I am when it comes to wdw. And since it seems like iv been planning this trip every day for the past seven months I think he feels like he's already lived through this trip.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #2359
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Anniversary, how many years? Will be 25 years this Sept 10th for my husband and I. But when it comes to wdw, he stays at home and it will be myself, son and 70 year ago mother. He's not as crazy as I am when it comes to wdw. And since it seems like iv been planning this trip every day for the past seven months I think he feels like he's already lived through this trip.
Sorry if you have already posted about this, but since I don't see faces I don't keep stories straight.
Our 25th is November 5th.
My past two trips were not with my husband, but this time he was willing to go since it was just the two of us (well and my friend and her husband....same vacation but not all the same day plans) and we could do the adult stuff.
I also noticed you are in RI. We are in central MA.

Your counter looks like you are there the week before us. Unless I've got what mine says wrong in my head. LOL I remember the days better. 84 for us.

POR was not available when we switched from FQ for free dining so we will be at CSR. Once we got that and read the reviews we decided to give that a try.

If my mom was still with us, I bet I would be going with her too at some point. She loved the idea of Disney. But Lung Cancer took her at a young 53 years of age. I miss her. I ride it's a small world each vacation just for her.

Oh and I thought my husband would get sick of me talking about our planned trip but 3 of his coworkers are going with their families various times around us so they have been talking at work and he is getting into it because of my planning and them being jealous. LOL

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)

Last edited by RejoyceoverDisney; 08-24-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: husband comment
Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #2360
babydoll65

Quote:
Sorry if you have already posted about this, but since I don't see faces I don't keep stories straight.
Our 25th is November 5th.
My past two trips were not with my husband, but this time he was willing to go since it was just the two of us (well and my friend and her husband....same vacation but not all the same day plans) and we could do the adult stuff.
I also noticed you are in RI. We are in central MA.

Your counter looks like you are there the week before us. Unless I've got what mine says wrong in my head. LOL I remember the days better. 84 for us.

POR was not available when we switched from FQ for free dining so we will be at CSR. Once we got that and read the reviews we decided to give that a try.

If my mom was still with us, I bet I would be going with her too at some point. She loved the idea of Disney. But Lung Cancer took her at a young 53 years of age. I miss her. I ride it's a small world each vacation just for her.

Oh and I thought my husband would get sick of me talking about our planned trip but 3 of his coworkers are going with their families various times around us so they have been talking at work and he is getting into it because of my planning and them being jealous. LOL
Sorry you lost your mother at such a young age. We're accutally celebrating my mother's 70th birthday in wdw. Seems like our story is a little bit the same. I have two coworkers going to wdw the week before me. My sister is going to be there November 2-11 at fort wilderness and will be surprising my mother there. (She thinks she's camping in Maine) and going to get ress for the dessert party on the 10th. I'm from burrillville ri. Which is in the northwest corner of the state. Hope you and your husband have a wonderful 25th.

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 08-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #2361
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry you lost your mother at such a young age. We're accutally celebrating my mother's 70th birthday in wdw. Seems like our story is a little bit the same. I have two coworkers going to wdw the week before me. My sister is going to be there November 2-11 at fort wilderness and will be surprising my mother there. (She thinks she's camping in Maine) and going to get ress for the dessert party on the 10th. I'm from burrillville ri. Which is in the northwest corner of the state. Hope you and your husband have a wonderful 25th.
Don't think I ever heard of Burrillville.
Anyway, I hope you and your hubby have a great anniversary too. Your's is coming fast. I believe you said the 10th. That was actually the same day as my Bridal shower. :-)
You vacation sounds awesome!!! We are there the 15th-23rd. Nice your sister is surprising Mom. love it.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #2362
babydoll65

Quote:
Don't think I ever heard of Burrillville.
Anyway, I hope you and your hubby have a great anniversary too. Your's is coming fast. I believe you said the 10th. That was actually the same day as my Bridal shower. :-)
You vacation sounds awesome!!! We are there the 15th-23rd. Nice your sister is surprising Mom. love it.
Thank you, noticed our trips are overlapping a bit (November 10-17) and most people have never heard of burrillville. Not even people that live in RI. Right now burrillville is becoming very popular with the new movie that came out. The Conjuring is based on a home here in burrillville.

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 08-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #2363
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe you said the 10th. That was actually the same day as my Bridal shower. :-)
Whoa, you have a great memory!
Old 08-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #2364
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
Whoa, you have a great memory!
Not really. That date just had a specific purpose/reason to remember. :-)

I'm not sure if this becomes off topic or change in topic or fits the topic. BUT...
I was reading another thread about someone who had something taken from their room. Anyway, I was wondering, besides the safe what do you do to keep your things safe from getting stolen?

One idea someone suggested was bringing a lock for your luggage. The comment was that if you lock your luggage they have to take the whole thing to get what is inside. That only works sort of because if they really want something they could ruin the luggage. But I guess to do that would require work and they really don't know whats in it.
I always wondered why some luggage had locks since TSA doesn't want you to use locks. But now I can see a value.

And also just wanted to make sure people don't let their guard down. If you have something valuable think it through about where you leave it.
It might be Disney and the Happiest place, but some people's idea of happy is not the same as yours.

Last edited by RejoyceoverDisney; 08-24-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #2365
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

We have our ADRs but may switch some times if i can get better ones. We have Liberty Tree Tavern, t-Rex, akerhaus, Garden Grill, 50's Prime Time, The Plaza, Crystal Palace, and Sci-Fi Dine in.

Does anyone have quick service they need to so? I want to try the CS in Mexico this time and we need to return to Wolfgang Puck Express and Cookes of Dublin...yum

ginny_lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #2366
Sydney2977
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on the anniversaries ladies! I am hoping when we make it to 25 years, since our boys will be 21 and 25, we will get to take a "just the two of us" trip and do some romantic things. It's great to get some ideas from here though.

I love reading about where everyone's eating- it's a big part of the vacation to me. (I even like to plan where we eat when we visit family in Texas)

For us, we have adr's for Boma breakfast and dinner (two different days), Sci-Fi for lunch, Olivia's for breakfast, Planet Hollywood for dinner, Tony's for lunch, Kona for lunch, Whispering Canyon for dinner, and Be Our Guest for dinner.

CS we plan to enjoy are at Mara for a couple breakfasts, Fairfaxe Fare for dinner, somewhere at Blizzard Beach (any recommendations?), Contempo Cafe for breakfast, Pecos Bill's for dinner, Gasparilla Island Grille for breakfast, Yak & Yeti cs for lunch, and the Pepper Market for lunch.

We will also be using our snack credits to eat around the world at the F&W festival. I made a list of things we want to try at the booths in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Singapore, China, South Korea, Germany, Italy, Morocco, Belgium, France, Ireland, Greece, Hawaii, Scotland, Hops & Barley, and Florida.

Can't wait- 70 more days!

All-Star Music April 2002All-Star Movies September 2003Pop!Century February 2006All-Star Sports January 2007

Coronado Springs October 2010Coronado Springs November 2011Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2013
Sydney2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #2367
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Is it likely Magic Bands will be rolled out by November? Ill be so disappointed if they aren't. I want to try them out! I'm staying at SSR and I don't think they are currently testing there.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #2368
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
Is it likely Magic Bands will be rolled out by November? Ill be so disappointed if they aren't. I want to try them out! I'm staying at SSR and I don't think they are currently testing there.

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We are staying there too! When are you going?!

93 days on the clock.... August is almost over!!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #2369
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney2977 View Post
Congratulations on the anniversaries ladies! I am hoping when we make it to 25 years, since our boys will be 21 and 25, we will get to take a "just the two of us" trip and do some romantic things. It's great to get some ideas from here though.

I love reading about where everyone's eating- it's a big part of the vacation to me. (I even like to plan where we eat when we visit family in Texas)

For us, we have adr's for Boma breakfast and dinner (two different days), Sci-Fi for lunch, Olivia's for breakfast, Planet Hollywood for dinner, Tony's for lunch, Kona for lunch, Whispering Canyon for dinner, and Be Our Guest for dinner.

CS we plan to enjoy are at Mara for a couple breakfasts, Fairfaxe Fare for dinner, somewhere at Blizzard Beach (any recommendations?), Contempo Cafe for breakfast, Pecos Bill's for dinner, Gasparilla Island Grille for breakfast, Yak & Yeti cs for lunch, and the Pepper Market for lunch.

We will also be using our snack credits to eat around the world at the F&W festival. I made a list of things we want to try at the booths in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Singapore, China, South Korea, Germany, Italy, Morocco, Belgium, France, Ireland, Greece, Hawaii, Scotland, Hops & Barley, and Florida.

Can't wait- 70 more days!
Sydney I wish that for you too. Those middle years can sometimes be as trying as the younger ones. It's awesome that you are traveling as a family. My boys were very young when we were able to go to Disney with them. And it's been a challenge to get back there again. I'm pretty happy with it being day 83 now. Bitter sweet as today I say goodbye to my youngest and drop him off at college. He has the option to come home more frequently than those that live a distance, but he loves the whole college life and 24/7 friends so I won't hear from him much.
But letting him go and moving on in my life too.

On that note:

What a great idea to think about Quick service options. I'm sure I miss all the small places that probably have great foods to try. With having a smart phone I should probably make a list and store it there. Would love to hear what other people's favorites are. The only place I know I have to try is I believe called ALOHA because I want to try the Dolewhip. I'm sure it's basically a soft serve ice cream but it just sounds yummy.
Did I see that is served at Ohana? If so is that the only dessert? Cause if it is I might hold back for that night instead. Maybe not. LOL

I'm sure I will want to do a sit down breakfast one morning, but for the most part I'm a eat and move kind of breakfast person. Would love to hear about your eat and move options/fav in the parks. What do you like to do.

I heard BW bakery has a breakfast burrito, but we aren't staying over that way. And I doubt I'll go over there.........oh wait.....I could put that on my list for my Epcot morning since you can walk into Epcot, but oh wait the world entrance in the back probably doesn't open until 11.

Are you all following my predigested coffee moment?

What's your favorite Quick service options?
I'm not there during Food and Wine. I miss it by a week.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #2370
My2CrazyGirls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
This will be our 3rd time eating at Via Napoli, we love it, the pizza is very close to what I grew up on in an old Italian neighborhood, the crust is thin and charred. I actually have 2 ADRs this trip as I want to try one of their pasta dishes in addition to having a pizza.
Yum, that sounds goooooooood!
My2CrazyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: