Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
Mickeyflower
I find that The Dis is my happy place many times

Ladies how do you run when your "blessed" up top?

So I "want" to start running. I know it's the cheapest/best way to get the fat off of me, not to mention the good heart benefits.

My problem: God decided to "bless me" with big ol' ****s and running really isn't comfortable AT ALL. How do you run when you cant breathe because of all the extra sports bra's and tank tops holding the girls down?

What sports bra do you use or what binding methods do you use to keep the girls in line?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

36DD here, so I totally feel ya! It is all a matter of the right bra. Find a local running store and ask them to fit you. It is not fun having your girls out there to be fondled, but it is the best in the long run. My new bra is not an underwire and I find it leaves a bit to be desired to be honest. My favorite bra is the Champion Full figure scoop back. My girls do bounce quite a bit, but it doesn't hurt and they feel stable.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

I've also had luck with the champion brand. And when I first started, hate to say, but had to double up and wear 2 at a time.

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I've been liking the Champion "duo dry" sports bra. It's not the kind you pull over, but has clasps in back. I think I was using the 40D (if not more Ds) when I got my first and now I'm on a 34Cish. (so happy!) It just really tethers them.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
DisneylandPlanner
Mouseketeer

Well 36G here and what I have found is a size larger sports bra, I can barely get it over my head it is so tight but it holds everything in place even when I am jumping rope and doing jumping jacks. Not the most comfortable but either is bouncing.
Good Luck

Here you leave the world of
yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy
and enter today
DisneylandPlanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

moving comfort fiona or juno bra. the straps are adjustable and come in all bra sizes, not just s, m, l, xl which doesn't work for me. i'm a 32DDD and need to buy sports bras in actual bra sizes.

with the right fitting bra you won't be bouncing all over the place and you won't feel smushed too much either. try the moving comfort ones. i have two juno bras and they are great. i'm training for a marathon right now and having the right bra on a 17 mile training run is very important.

still, i'm very jealous of the runners who are able to throw on any old sports bra and go. some of us just aren't that "lucky"
Old 08-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Zim
Meow meow

This:

Full figured front close sports bra

I got one of these initially because I had a lumpectomy and wired sports bras were out but I needed serious support so they wouldn't move ANYWHERE. Best bra ever. It fit like a glove, completely comfortable, and perfect for running.

Actually the biggest problem is I wore it out because I was so concerned about scarring that I literally wore it 24 / 7 (even in the shower) for about two months straight. The only reprieve it got was to be laundered (couldn't afford two)...

I read somewhere that no bra should be worn more than a 24 hour period and needs another 24 to 48 hours for the elastic to reshape, otherwise wear and tear happens much more quickly.

Before this bra I always wore an underwire from Kohls - I can't recall the brand, but it's the sturdiest one they have and looks like it's inside out when you're wearing properly. Those are supportive too, but not as comfy as the Lane Bryant one, which I had to order online, not in most stores.

Good luck!
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
GaPaige
Mouseketeer

The Enell sports bra. I'm a DD and I don't MOVE in this thing. It is not pretty and it flattens you out, but it seriously works. http://www.enell.com/

Just engaged in front of the castle! 6/1/13

***Next trips: Dec 1st, then January 8th for DOPEY!!!
GaPaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Another vote for Moving Comfort from a 40DD runner.

After getting 2 black eyes and bruises on my knees the first time I ran from the girls bouncing everywhere I went to the running store and found Moving Comfort.

The girls DO NOT move in this bra and I can still breath so I can run.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
Mickeyflower
I find that The Dis is my happy place many times

Here is my problem, I am a 38H and AMAZINGLY difficult to find regular everyday bras, let alone sports bras that fit. I do find the Lane Bryant ones fit the most tolerable. I've added the names you've given to a list to try.

How about starting to run? What have you all used to get started? Apps, programs, any suggestions?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #11
Zim
Meow meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyflower View Post
Here is my problem, I am a 38H and AMAZINGLY difficult to find regular everyday bras, let alone sports bras that fit. I do find the Lane Bryant ones fit the most tolerable. I've added the names you've given to a list to try.

How about starting to run? What have you all used to get started? Apps, programs, any suggestions?
I looooooove my nano. I have a circuit I do that is just over four miles. I set up a walking music set initially. As I got stronger I switched out walk songs for jogging songs. I love Mumford and Sons for walking - so upbeat and just about every song is the right tempo. I prefer to walk fast with jogging sets in between. I think the technical term is interval training but mostly I just can't run four miles in one fell swoop. . Maybe someday....
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #12
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyflower View Post

Cough to 5k from coolrunnings. Did it twice; once using time and then using miles. Both times I had to repeat weeks 4 and/or 5 a few times to get my cardiovascular system up to speed.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #13
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Yep I second the c25k program. I used the pro app on my phone. It gave voice reminders and I could listen to my music with it.

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #14
Riverhill
DIS Veteran

I understand your issue I am a 34N. I should be in a 32 but there just isn't enough room for the cups on the 32 band. I choose to walk rather than run. I do about a 15min mile. Running even with the best bra causes too much bounce.

Riverhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #15
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Another C25K fan here!

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: