Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #2356
conandrob240
DIS Veteran

Arrived at AKV yesterday. System seems to be in place but isn't turned on. No sign of the new RFID mugs for sale in Mara although I noticed they cleared out the check out end caps and they were empty last night. Maybe they are making room for the new ones there.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #2357
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol-lamb View Post
I wonder if you will be able to bring the new cups back on future trips and have them re-set. It seems the technology is there to be able to do that and it would be environmentally friendly. I already have a cupboard full of Disney mugs. It would be nice to keep using the same ones over and over.
That would be a great idea however you would still probably have to pay for the refills.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #2358
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfun94 View Post
I'm wondering that if you were to bring the "forever" ones in and talked to a CM lead/manager that they wouldn't replace it for you with a new RFID mug... but I guess that leads to a question of what would you do after that trip?
I read on a thread somewhere (maybe even this one?) that someone was told to check with their resort and POR said they would honor them

But yes that would be a pain though to keep having to ask.
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #2359
Amanda999
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AThrillingChase View Post

I read on a thread somewhere (maybe even this one?) that someone was told to check with their resort and POR said they would honor them

But yes that would be a pain though to keep having to ask.
Hi - I'm at POFQ now. Showed my Brer Rabbit etc. red Dixie Landings forever mug to two different CMs, and they said there is no such thing as a forever mug. Ugh. I didn't seek a manager out - I only drink coffee and water (neither are on rfid) and have dining plan starting tomorrow. I didn't want to deal with the hassle to find out the deal, but seems clear that if there is a policy, it hasn't been communicated to the front line food court employees yet.

To answer an unrelated prior question, the lids on the RFID mugs are seemingly the same size as the "old" mugs (old = a week ago). But, when I swap either or both parts of the (still two part) lid for the old pink or blue or black lids, coffee leaks a bit between the two parts of the lid. It seems it could leak out onto my shirt, so I don't recommend swapping the lids with the old mugs (I was hoping to do, to differentiate my mugs from everyone else's).

Photos of minor leaking between the two part old lid, on a new RFID mug (which does not happen when I use the new RFID two part lid on the new RFID mug):

Amanda999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #2360
WebmasterCorey
Still points with two fingers
aka OrlandoTiger

DISboards Administrator

We just posted a video and a blog about the new system.
http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/08/24/r...w-resorts-faq/

WebmasterCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #2361
mjperry
One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation. Right at the start of anything that's new, one little spark lights up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Arrived at AKV yesterday. System seems to be in place but isn't turned on. No sign of the new RFID mugs for sale in Mara although I noticed they cleared out the check out end caps and they were empty last night. Maybe they are making room for the new ones there.
The system was in place at POP Century last month but not activated. The drink machines
had the displays in them so they are ready.
I think being able to any resort, is a plus for people who like to go tour our resorts on there stay. You can put it in your bag and and take a break at one of the resorts and have a cold drink of your choose.
July - 2010 - POP
June - 2011 - POP
*Plus Three Times Off Site, before I knew better.
My Disney Blog
http://www.interplantarypodcast.blogspot.com

T

mjperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #2362
Deb123
Mouseketeer

So there SHOULD be no problems at all with the mugs being used on split stays, is this correct? We will be there next month for 2 weeks. Staying at BC, Pop, then FQ all in this one trip. That was my main concern with the new mugs. I did NOT want to buy mugs for the 3 of us at all 3 resorts. That would just be silly to end up with 9 mugs at check out!
Deb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #2363
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCorey View Post
We just posted a video and a blog about the new system.
http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/08/24/r...w-resorts-faq/
Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #2364
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

We are planning a split stay in October 2014. It will be six nights at two resorts for a total of 12 nights. We plan to have DDP for both stays. I imagine in that case we would receive mugs at our first resort, then receive new mugs at the second resort. Possibly at the second resort our original mugs could be re-programmed with the second stay info.

BUT...

What if our upcoming split stay did not include dining plan? So, at the first resort, we purchased mugs for length-of-stay at $17.99 each. Keeping in mind that the Length-of-Stay mugs are good up to 14 days, would our length of stay be considered the 6 nights at the first resort or the 12 consecutive nights entirely on WDW property at WDW resorts?

It would seem unfair that we would have to re-purchase mugs after 6 days, when length of stay mugs are good up to 14 days if we don't change resorts.

Any thoughts?
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #2365
lucas
°o°

What about refills on the Gold Peak iced tea? Do the new mugs work at those dispensers?

Last edited by lucas; 08-24-2013 at 09:11 PM.
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #2366
VirataMama4
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us: Currently- New Orleans, 09-12- DC

Does anyone know if the new colors are available at Art of Animation? If not can we redeem our "free" mugs from the dining plan at a different resort, like one of the All-Stars? We are staying 1 night at AoA, and debating the dining plan for the 1 night. If we could get the new mug colors, then the DDP is totally worth it, since we already have reservations for Chef Mickeys, and plan on getting the mugs... But we really just want the new colors!
Old 08-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #2367
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
What about refills on the Gold Peak iced tea? Do the new mugs work at those dispensers?
Only the soda dispensers are set up for the RFID mugs, so the RFID chips aren't need for the iced tea dispensers.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #2368
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Are we getting reports that they are actually turned on now? As of last sunday they were not at AKL.... I'm wondering if others have been turned on. 7.99 for one day INCLUDING the mug seems pretty reasonable.
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #2369
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but I just found out about the new drink system a couple of days ago. The past couple of months I have been mostly on the Disneyland boards because we were there for the first time last week. Anyways - I am going to be at CBR for four days in October. The signs list prices for one, two and three days or length of stay. So is anything over three days considered length of stay and would be $17.99? I thought I read on a post that length of stay was 7 to 14 days.
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14, June '14, July '14! August '14, Disneyland August '14
carol-lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #2370
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol-lamb View Post
I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but I just found out about the new drink system a couple of days ago. The past couple of months I have been mostly on the Disneyland boards because we were there for the first time last week. Anyways - I am going to be at CBR for four days in October. The signs list prices for one, two and three days or length of stay. So is anything over three days considered length of stay and would be $17.99? I thought I read on a post that length of stay was 7 to 14 days.
That would mean that if you stayed four, five or six days, you couldn't purchase sodas. No, length of stay is anything over three days.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: