Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #1291
goofy4u
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the very helpful information on getting to Trunk Bay It’s too bad that it’s such a short port day would definitely like spending more time there and enjoying the beautiful beach. Oh and those pictures are just amazing.
Just a couple of questions: Do we dock or tender at St. Thomas? Also where do we purchase the ferry tickets?

Trips to Remember
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7/09/05~WDW-Our first trip to WDW 8/07~Disney Wonder 4 Night 8/07~Swan & 7 day Disney Magic 8/29/09~Disney Magic Mediterranean 10 Night 6/8/11
Cant Wait to make memories
Fantasy 12/14/2013~Magic Mediterranean 6/7/2014

Disneyland: Too many times to count
goofy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #1292
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

FE list

Well, We have a little less than 4 months until we are all on VACAY!!!

I know people are getting things together for their FE gifts and I guess with the time approaching on us kind of quickly, we can all decide if we want to keep the list as it is...merge it, or revamp it all together.

We have 22 cabins on list #1 and 12 cabins on list #2. The people who are on list #1 stated in the survey that they didn't care if they had over 20 people that is why our list is bigger.

Personally, I would like to see the list combined, but will take any and all suggestions from you guys. We want this to be a fun experience for everyone

Also, I want to thank AprilR for volunteering to help with the ornament exchange. We will be doing this exchange on a sea day mid morning so it doesn't interfere with people's Palo reservations or activities.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #1293
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada

i think we should merge it too. I did not vote on time last time and got placed on list two (which I understand) but the number as it is now combined would be Ok for me.

my 2 cents
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #1294
Aprilr
Earning My Ears

I wouldn't mind combining it either

Oct 6, 2012 WDW
Dec 14, 2013 Disney Fantasy & WDW
April 6, 2014 Celebrity Silhouette
April 12, 2015 Disney Magic

FISH EXTENDER INFO
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
LINK TO FORM
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1max...N2dD4/viewform
Aprilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #1295
ruttie2
Earning My Ears

we would be happy to have the lists combined as well
ruttie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #1296
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4u View Post
Thanks for the very helpful information on getting to Trunk Bay Its too bad that its such a short port day would definitely like spending more time there and enjoying the beautiful beach. Oh and those pictures are just amazing.
Just a couple of questions: Do we dock or tender at St. Thomas? Also where do we purchase the ferry tickets?
We are docked in St Thomas. The cab will drop you at the pier in Red Hook and you can buy your ferry tickets there. Buy round trip tickets so you can skip that step on the return trip.
I hope we get to see you there!
Jan 2006 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2008 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Sep 2009 7 Night Disney Magic Western Caribbean -- Oct 2011 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Oct 2012 14 Night Disney Wonder Hawaii -- Dec 2013 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
LKShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #1297
remy324
Earning My Ears

FE Lists

I would like to combine both lists. It makes it a lot of fun to try to give out your gifts and not get caught. We had over 65 staterooms on our last cruise in May and had a blast going around the ship delivering our gifts. Was only caught twice. I understand not everyone wants to combine the lists so give them the option to either buy/make for all staterooms or just buy/make for however many they are comfortable with. (Just my opinion)
remy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #1298
Lissame
DIS Veteran

It is definitely fun to do FE with a bigger number of people, I would certainly like to have more than is on my current list of 12...

But please, take pity on us poor souls who have to fly. Baggage is SO expensive, and shipping things to the port is complicated and not much cheaper than having to check an extra bag.

We had a great time doing the FE on our last cruise, but we actually had to purchase an extra suitcase on the ship ($$) and pay to check it to get the FE gifts home (plus the tons of souvenirs we purchased) , and even with doing that we left some of them behind unfortunately. People are amazingly generous with their gifts!

I'm trying to come up with an idea for how to make my current idea smaller and easier to transport.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #1299
Pinkprincessmom
Children are made readers on the laps of their parents ~ Emilie Buchwald

Hi All. My family will be traveling with you on the Disney Fantasy. We consist of me, my husband, a 13 year old DD and a 6 year old DS. My in-laws will also be traveling with us. My daughter wants to meet some friends. She was looking at excursions and the teen club tonight and cannot wait for the cruise.

Our children are in year round school and when we booked this cruise, we thought it was during track out. Christmas break has been the same 3 weeks since my daughter started kindergarten there. Well, this year they changed the schedule and my children will miss a full week and a half day of school. We looked at changing the date, but it wasn't cost effective unless we waited until September of 2014.

I look forward to sailing with all of you.

Pinkprincessmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #1300
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkprincessmom View Post
Hi All. My family will be traveling with you on the Disney Fantasy. We consist of me, my husband, a 13 year old DD and a 6 year old DS. My in-laws will also be traveling with us. My daughter wants to meet some friends. She was looking at excursions and the teen club tonight and cannot wait for the cruise.

Our children are in year round school and when we booked this cruise, we thought it was during track out. Christmas break has been the same 3 weeks since my daughter started kindergarten there. Well, this year they changed the schedule and my children will miss a full week and a half day of school. We looked at changing the date, but it wasn't cost effective unless we waited until September of 2014.

I look forward to sailing with all of you.
I have a 13 year old daughter who would love to get acquainted with your daughter. She met a girl before our last cruise, they hung out the entire time and they are still friends. We have a FB page for the kids (called the Elves page) or you could PM me and we could connect them another way. My kids (I also have a 15 yo son) are also missing a week and a couple of days of school...
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #1301
Pinkprincessmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissame View Post

I have a 13 year old daughter who would love to get acquainted with your daughter. She met a girl before our last cruise, they hung out the entire time and they are still friends. We have a FB page for the kids (called the Elves page) or you could PM me and we could connect them another way. My kids (I also have a 15 yo son) are also missing a week and a couple of days of school...
Thank you, Lissame. I clicked on the cruise link last night and got us registered. I tried to join the adult FB page. I'll get my dd connected today. She'll be happy to chat with more teens!

Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #1302
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissame View Post
It is definitely fun to do FE with a bigger number of people, I would certainly like to have more than is on my current list of 12...

But please, take pity on us poor souls who have to fly. Baggage is SO expensive, and shipping things to the port is complicated and not much cheaper than having to check an extra bag.

We had a great time doing the FE on our last cruise, but we actually had to purchase an extra suitcase on the ship ($$) and pay to check it to get the FE gifts home (plus the tons of souvenirs we purchased) , and even with doing that we left some of them behind unfortunately. People are amazingly generous with their gifts!

I'm trying to come up with an idea for how to make my current idea smaller and easier to transport.
I totally agree....why not just re-divide the lists in half that way we would only have around 20 per list? Seems like that would work out best

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #1303
Pinkprincessmom

Thank you, disneydiva16, for adding us to the list. That was fast! I also sent requests to join the FB page for both me and for my 13 year old dd. I'm not sure who is in charge of those pages, but the new requests are from me.

We're still trying to decide on excursions. My cousin honeymooned in St. John and I know the beaches are beautiful. My dd wants to shop...

Old 08-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #1304
FLWIDisneyFan
Mouseketeer

We were able to book Palo, Remy, spa, bibbidi bobbidi boutique, and our shore excursions on August 16th. Availability still looks good on almost everything except family cabanas which were gone before we even logged in at midnight. This was our first cruise to be able to log in at the platinum window.

DVC Member Cruise - Oct 22 2006, 10 Day Med Cruise - June 6 2007, DVC Member Cruise - Sept 21 2008, 7 Day Eastern - April 10 2009, 7 Day Western - Feb 20 2010, 5 Day Holiday Cruise on Magic - Jan 3 2011, B2B on Dream - June 12 and 17 2011,Inaugural Cruise on the Fantasy - March 31, 2012, 5 Day Western on Wonder - March 30, 2013, 7 Day Eastern - December 14, 2013 , , North to Alaska on the Disney Wonder - June 30, 2014
WDW - All Star Resorts, Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Beach & Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Disney's Hilton Head Resort
FLWIDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #1305
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLWIDisneyFan View Post
We were able to book Palo, Remy, spa, bibbidi bobbidi boutique, and our shore excursions on August 16th. Availability still looks good on almost everything except family cabanas which were gone before we even logged in at midnight. This was our first cruise to be able to log in at the platinum window.
Hello I know you haven't posted in awhile and was curious if you were doing the FE exchange or the ornament exchange? I know at one time you were on the roster, but I have to double check to see if you were removed because we weren't sure if you were still sailing with us. Let me know when you can

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: